Massive Guardian Ship found!

Can confirm if you want to visit the beacons in open mode, note that the turtles are already in the grass so keep your eyes peeled and weapons at the ready. Thank goodness for mode-switching. o7

EDIT: You can re-log and keep collecting keys.
Interesting that the structure/beacon does not completely reassemble itself after taking the ancient key, the energy pylons remain unattached.

EDIT: You do not even need to re-log to collect multiple keys, just keep charging the pylons and and scanning the ball, the beacon keeps pooping out keys.

Last edited:
I really love that you just stumbled upon it, that seems so right to me. I was watching a few well-known streamers this afternoon and they all seemed so desperate. Get the update installed as quick as they could then jump in a ship and go go go as fast as they could via the best clues they could glean from Galnet, Discord amd each others stream channels. I guess there's a lot of value in getting the scoop for them but I also wonder how much genuine enjoyment of the game for its own sake. When people talk about content consumers being like locusts (sorry, but genuinely no offence to anyone, that is just the analogy that gets used) ... well, let's just say I was reminded of that.

It was a "WOAH" Moment for sure and its kind of satisfiyng to know that i stumbled about something others were searching seemingly "desperatly"

I went over there in Fleetcom and met up at random with about 3 or 4 others and we activated and scanned as a group. You know, how it's supposed to work. Open can blow me.

I wanted to avoid finding this stuff out on the forums, but figured pretty quickly it would be impossible for me to find without. So I found the location, and headed there. Amazing structure. Can't do anything with it. Haven't brought weapons.
Log out and into Canonn's PG. One dude there, he shoots the pylons for me, helpfully. But I can't get the key because I didn't bring a cargo bay.
Sometimes this game is a big disappointment.
And that's it for me with Beyond's latest stuff. Roll on the exploration-saving Q.4 update, eh.

I wanted to avoid finding this stuff out on the forums, but figured pretty quickly it would be impossible for me to find without. So I found the location, and headed there. Amazing structure. Can't do anything with it. Haven't brought weapons.
Log out and into Canonn's PG. One dude there, he shoots the pylons for me, helpfully. But I can't get the key because I didn't bring a cargo bay.
And that's it for me with Beyond's latest stuff. Roll on the exploration-saving Q.4 update, eh.

to be fair, your lack of planning and mis-equipping a ship isn't exactly FDev's fault.

Rep OP. Was just out there on PS, 3 CMDR’s there, they knew what they were doing, and didn’t even mind my drunken accidental boost right thru the middle.

o7

to be fair, your lack of planning and mis-equipping a ship isn't exactly FDev's fault.
Happy to accept that; not so delighted the forums are unavoidable if you want info on how to do things in the game. I'd wanted to do it by myself. Never mind. It was a nice looking thing, I suppose.

I wanted to avoid finding this stuff out on the forums, but figured pretty quickly it would be impossible for me to find without. So I found the location, and headed there. Amazing structure. Can't do anything with it. Haven't brought weapons. Log out and into Canonn's PG. One dude there, he shoots the pylons for me, helpfully. But I can't get the key because I didn't bring a cargo bay. Sometimes this game is a big disappointment. And that's it for me with Beyond's latest stuff. Roll on the exploration-saving Q.4 update, eh.

To be fair there are two kinds, those who wait for life to happen to them and those who make life happen for them. Improvise! Adapt! Overcome!
I didn't have cargo racks either but found an asteroid station (New Growth) just a couple of hundred LY away. I am now heading home with eight (8) ancient keys.

Does anybody have any idea yet what these "ancient keys" are good for? Given they are being labeled "keys" shouldn't that imply they are meant to "open" something?

Last edited:
To be fair there are two kinds, those who wait for life to happen to them and those who make life happen for them. I didn't have cargo racks either but found an asteroid station (New Growth) just a couple of hundred LY away. I am now heading home with eight (8) ancient keys.

Does anybody have any idea yet what these "ancient keys" are good for? Given they are being labeled "keys" shouldn't that imply they are meant to "open" something?
Yup, they unlock Guardian ship blueprints at other planetary Guardian sites much like the ancient relic did at the previous sites. You need to spin that ship around and head back to do the 2nd (planetside) half of the Guardian puzzle!

Edit: nice brief write-up of the whole process has just been posted here (spoilers I guess):

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...el-blueprint?p=6956732&viewfull=1#post6956732

Last edited:

Haha, the same happened to me. No cargo and no weapons. That´s because we are experts. :D

Why wait for the Q4 update

You won't bother exploring yourself either
You won't be bothered

You'll just demand the answers on the forum them complain about it then too.

Can't even be bothering trying and it is the games fault?

Damn the devs for making you have to think and experiment, that isn't the Exploration and discovery you want is it.

You won't be bothered

You'll just demand the answers on the forum them complain about it then too.

Can't even be bothering trying and it is the games fault?

Damn the devs for making you have to think and experiment, that isn't the Exploration and discovery you want is it.

In all fairness either way they just added mediocre fighters that once the novelty is over they wont be used and also a bit more grind, not much to be added until q4

You won't be bothered
Not exploring is not something you can level at me, pal. :D
And I'm not one for moaning on the forums, either. I'm more often than not very positive, and I'm hardly prolific here, either.
Just a bit disappointed, for a valid reason, IMO.

Top Bottom