Massive Guardian Ship found!

I wanted to avoid finding this stuff out on the forums, but figured pretty quickly it would be impossible for me to find without. So I found the location, and headed there. Amazing structure. Can't do anything with it. Haven't brought weapons.
Log out and into Canonn's PG. One dude there, he shoots the pylons for me, helpfully. But I can't get the key because I didn't bring a cargo bay.
Sometimes this game is a big disappointment.
And that's it for me with Beyond's latest stuff. Roll on the exploration-saving Q.4 update, eh.

I was exactly like you, unprepared. I had everything except weapons. I thought, nah, I will only need the SRV gun. So yeah, I was wrong. Do you know what I did? I jumped back to the bubble to get some lasers. It took an extra twenty minutes for the round trip and I was back in business.

The lesson is this: The galaxy is unforgiving. Be prepared for anything. Equip your ship with as many different modules as possible and be willing to go back to get what you don't have. If you are out in the black and you didn't bring the equipment you need, blame yourself. Suck it up and go get it.

Lat and Long transposed

Scanned the beacon at KU-F B44, got a message:

Guardian Beacon Synuefe KU-F B44-4 located

...Encrypted Guardian signal detected...

Approximate Signal Range: 46.79 LY Matches signal detected in: Synuefe EU-Q C21-15 ...Decoding with Ram Tah encrymption algorithm...

...Decoding sequence complete...

Guardian structure detected in Synuefe EU-Q C21-15, Synueve EU-Q C21-15 A 1, Long:37.80, Lat:-111.61

Location transmitted to Ram Tah database.

Investigation of site requested.

...Signal Ends...

Lat and Long has got to be the wrong way around. You can't have a latitude more than 90 degrees

Has anyone looked closely at it yet? (And does anyone have some images they can post?)

Also, what’s the store description?

Ancient Key description:

A crystal found by scanning the data core of a Guardian beacon. It appears to contain a similar ethereal type of energy as the ancient relics found at the ruin sites of the Guardian civilisation. Like the relic this item is used in guardian technologies, unlocking new data and functions. Hence it has been given the designation of "Key".

Lat and Long has got to be the wrong way around. You can't have a latitude more than 90 degrees

That's how they were listed in the text. You can find the site anyway as it shows up in your navigation panel as long as you're within 1,000 lightseconds of it, so coordinates aren't really needed.

Coz some have asked for it, market description of the Key

8mimtEw.png

Additionally, has anyone had any joy trying to put one in a Thargoid Structure Device? I can't seem to get it to stick... but it'll hold the sensor I'm accessing with, so I'm not doing wrong. Can only guess that it won't accept the key :(

Last edited:
I decided to search for beacons myself and started visiting systems flagged as Guardians in the Galaxy Map but by complete coincidence encountered one whilst en route between them: Synuefe HP-E b45-4 4. This Guardian Beacon is in a system which has only icy planets except for the innermost planet which is a water world. It sends you to Synuefe HE-G b44-5 B 2 just over 50LY away. Neither system is shown as Guardians on the Galaxy Map.
I'm glad I decided to start 3.2 out near the borders of Regor Sector in a multirole ship - I had weapons, cargo space and 2 SRVs (needed them as whilst getting my second blueprint another CMDR showed up and shot my SRV). The weapons are also very handy for the Guardian Sentinels and I have plenty of the Sentinel Weapon Parts now and enough Wreckage Components I hope as well.

Ancient Key description:

A crystal found by scanning the data core of a Guardian beacon. It appears to contain a similar ethereal type of energy as the ancient relics found at the ruin sites of the Guardian civilisation. Like the relic this item is used in guardian technologies, unlocking new data and functions. Hence it has been given the designation of "Key".

Coz some have asked for it, market description of the Key

Additionally, has anyone had any joy trying to put one in a Thargoid Structure Device? I can't seem to get it to stick... but it'll hold the sensor I'm accessing with, so I'm not doing wrong. Can only guess that it won't accept the key :(
Cheers both! o7

Thanks.
So is there any point in keeping more than one? I've got four. Am I greedy?[money]
I could have collected more, but I wanted to get back to the Gnosis.

So far you need 1 per vessel blueprint. There are three vessels that use it to unlock so if you want access to all three you just need 3. Otherwise, its glowing fluff.

So there are three of these in the galaxy right now? Because i've just found another one in NGC 2451A Sector

Possible new Guardian Beacon at planet "2 A" in "Synuefe IL-N c23-15" system.

I decided to search for beacons myself and started visiting systems flagged as Guardians in the Galaxy Map but by complete coincidence encountered one whilst en route between them: Synuefe HP-E b45-4 4. This Guardian Beacon is in a system which has only icy planets except for the innermost planet which is a water world. It sends you to Synuefe HE-G b44-5 B 2 just over 50LY away. Neither system is shown as Guardians on the Galaxy Map.
I'm glad I decided to start 3.2 out near the borders of Regor Sector in a multirole ship - I had weapons, cargo space and 2 SRVs (needed them as whilst getting my second blueprint another CMDR showed up and shot my SRV). The weapons are also very handy for the Guardian Sentinels and I have plenty of the Sentinel Weapon Parts now and enough Wreckage Components I hope as well.

Congrats on the new finds everyone!

I've added them (including credits) to the Front Page of the Guardian sticky thread.

o7

Has anyone looked closely at it yet? (And does anyone have some images they can post?)

Also, what’s the store description?

I've looked closely at it, for some meaning of the word "Close". It's basically just an Ancient Relic, surrounded by a massive blue bloom effect. It's hard to see much detail, but it suggests while we're calling it a "Key", it's just an energised relic. Which is why I'm surprised I can throw a relic in the thargoid structure, but not this. It does make a cool effect though!

I've looked closely at it, for some meaning of the word "Close". It's basically just an Ancient Relic, surrounded by a massive blue bloom effect. It's hard to see much detail, but it suggests while we're calling it a "Key", it's just an energised relic. Which is why I'm surprised I can throw a relic in the thargoid structure, but not this. It does make a cool effect though!

Nice! I've not seen any photos yet, and am out on the borders of the permit locked regions around Cone at the moment.

If it's more or less similar to the Relic then what springs to mind to look at is:

- is the Glyph the same on both?
- is the Object inside the same?
- is the Glyph on the object inside the same?

Not actually asking you to check those things, btw! If someone can post images I'm happy to check against the images I've got of those for the Relic.

Top Bottom