Meet the Team and Q&A - Sam Denney

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes lol, they are famous express locos, but you do see miniature versions of these at quite a lot of Miniature Railways. In fact I am involved with one myself and have been for many years, at a Nature/Water Park close to where I live. The railway runs for just over 1 mile around the park and sometime we invite visiting locos at Bank Holiday weekends. We have had a few A4 locos like Mallard visit the park as well as some locos from Holland a few years ago.

I hope proper steam, not those fakes converted to run on... urgh... diesel :(

I hope proper steam, not those fakes converted to run on... urgh... diesel :(

Yes proper steam locos, that are exact replicas, properly engineered costing tens of thousands of pounds, they run on 7 1/4" gauge track. I imagine the trains in PC will have steam and smoke affects too.

Wow, those two surpises are more than excellent.
First view of a transport ride also. Love the transport cars with sunshade.

Yes lol, they are famous express locos, but you do see miniature versions of these at quite a lot of Miniature Railways. In fact I am involved with one myself and have been for many years, at a Nature/Water Park close to where I live. The railway runs for just over 1 mile around the park and sometime we invite visiting locos at Bank Holiday weekends. We have had a few A4 locos like Mallard visit the park as well as some locos from Holland a few years ago.

In the neighborhood where I live is the South Limburg Steam Train Company.
From March to October Trains run regularly [video=youtube;trgPlZTI9C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trgPlZTI9C0[/video]
More info https://translate.google.nl/transla...l=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.zlsm.nl&edit-text=

Oh wow, that is possibly the best train model I've ever seen.

I'm so ready for early access!!! Thanks Sam for all your answers! Once again reinforcing my belief that this will not only be the best theme park sim, but possibly the best simulation game made in a very long time! Right up there with Cities: Skylines!

Sam Denney

Lead Artist
Frontier
I'm so happy you love the train, I named her In honor of my my Grandma who passed away recently. She was a beautiful lady who raised me when I was young. She had an adventurous spirit and was a great influence and inspiration for me. I think it's a fitting tribute.

I'm so happy you love the train, I named her In honor of my my Grandma who passed away recently. She was a beautiful lady who raised me when I was young. She had an adventurous spirit and was a great influence and inspiration for me. I think it's a fitting tribute.
[up] and again thanks for your work and your great answer.
Thanks team Planet Coaster! [cool]

wah ;(

this is awesome men! amazing work really.. im sure she would be proud of it!

Thank you for all your work; this game will really be something special for a lot of us; again thank you [heart]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Sam, thank you from the ground of my heart for the outstanding beauty that you are giving to us! I have no words to describe it, it goes beyond the words I have: its beyond AMAZING!
Thank you very much for your time, your care, your answers, your love and dedication, and a lot more! [up] [big grin]

I (and the rest of us too I think) love to be part of this beautiful and fantastic adventure, and we are very grateful to be part of it! [yesnod]

I also love the Connie Express. It's great to know she is a tribute to Connie. Thank you for sharing this with us!
I find the Connie Express a beautiful masterpiece of art, and she will ride around all of the beautiful and amazing guests of my parks in Planet Coaster! [heart]

All the best! [up]

That's awesome. Such a great way to honor someone you cared about, and very sweet.

I expect the train will become a classic part of the game that in future years people all over the planet will think of when they remember playing it. It's just so characterful! What a tribute. It lends importance to the train to the players, and also, obviously, to you too. It's stuff like this that bridges the gap between a working career and a life, and a passion. And both benefit from it.

Good work. And well done Grandma!

Last edited:

She would be very proud! It looks great! Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this [up]

I didn't realise you had named the train after your Grandma, Sam. How very befitting, I'm sure she would have been very proud and her name will live on in this fantastic game.

Here's here's a render of the Connie Express: (literally finished today!).

View attachment 78View attachment 79

We still have a little more work to do on her but I thought I'd try to give you something special [yesnod]

We hope you like her.

Now this is amazing! I love all the little details. And here's a small (but possible difficult) suggestion: It would blow my mind if some of the details dynamically change:

- be able to change the name "Connie Express" depending on the actual name of the railroad attraction
- depending on the number of trains going around the track the number "1" would change to "2", "3" and so forth like in a real theme park :)

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

I just want to say a huge thank you to Sam for taking the time out to chat to everyone, I hope everyone enjoyed the week. It's been a bit of a new format having Sam pop in and back over the week rather than a set time and hopefully that's meant that you got to know him and have a bit more interaction on the thread.

I must say Sam has done an incredible job coming back, answering questions and showing off some cool exclusive stuff. I can't praise him enough and I know that he does it because he really does love the fantastic support and positive interaction with the wonderful Planet Coaster community.

I'm going to move this thread over at some point soon to the public forums, as we have with other Q&A sessions but thank you all so much for taking part

Hey guys,

I just want to say a huge thank you to Sam for taking the time out to chat to everyone, I hope everyone enjoyed the week. It's been a bit of a new format having Sam pop in and back over the week rather than a set time and hopefully that's meant that you got to know him and have a bit more interaction on the thread.

I must say Sam has done an incredible job coming back, answering questions and showing off some cool exclusive stuff. I can't praise him enough and I know that he does it because he really does love the fantastic support and positive interaction with the wonderful Planet Coaster community.

I'm going to move this thread over at some point soon to the public forums, as we have with other Q&A sessions but thank you all so much for taking part

Thank you too Zac, for giving us the opportunity to meet Sam and interact with him. As with all you guys and gals at Frontier, we the community are behind you 100%. You are all working so hard and with passion to bring us Planet Coaster.

Thank you too Zac, for giving us the opportunity to meet Sam and interact with him. As with all you guys and gals at Frontier, we the community are behind you 100%. You are all working so hard and with passion to bring us Planet Coaster.
Well say and I love this new Q&A format! [up]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom