Meet the Team and Q&A - Sam Denney

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy you love the train, I named her In honor of my my Grandma who passed away recently. She was a beautiful lady who raised me when I was young. She had an adventurous spirit and was a great influence and inspiration for me. I think it's a fitting tribute.

Connie Express is beautiful She would be proud.

Thanks Sam, for all your in-depth answers and for the renders of the connie express just amazing!
Your work and your time is very much appreciated and it's been great getting an insight into the life of a Lead Artist from a game development team but also getting to know you on other levels!

Take care.

Thank you too Zac, for giving us the opportunity to meet Sam and interact with him. As with all you guys and gals at Frontier, we the community are behind you 100%. You are all working so hard and with passion to bring us Planet Coaster.

Very well said ! A big big thank you for this Q&A session [up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you too Zac, for giving us the opportunity to meet Sam and interact with him. As with all you guys and gals at Frontier, we the community are behind you 100%. You are all working so hard and with passion to bring us Planet Coaster.

Amen to that! We love you and everything you do for us! [heart]

Thank you Sam, Zac, Brett, John, Richard, and all of the other wonderful people at Frontier!

To Sam about the confusing "blocks" post earlier about coaster blocks:

Basically I think he is talking about "breaking blocks" or "block-breaks"... essentially the system in which you separate each section of a track as a "block" using various pieces like the chain/lift, and more prominently the breaks like MCBRs. (mid course break runs) It's a safety system to make sure only one train is on a section (or block) at a time to avoid possible collisions.

the first coaster sim game to make it big didn't have this, but parts 2 and 3 did ;) ... as coasters have had this for quite a while, but REEAAALLLYY got refined with it in the 90's and onward... I mean look at today's coasters and their blocking systems .... it would boggle many a coaster fan's mind to go into all the technical stuff behind coaster safety in this one regard I bet. Though it all boils down to using breaks and other special track sections to keep one train out of another section currently in use.

BTW, this really could get funny with break downs in the game... and could even be horrifying... lol... just imagine the possibilities here.

Awe... dang, I missed out on the q and a this time. Oh well.... more later.

Last edited:
To Sam about the confusing "blocks" post earlier about coaster blocks:

Basically I think he is talking about "breaking blocks" or "block-breaks"... essentially the system in which you separate each section of a track as a "block" using various pieces like the chain/lift, and more prominently the breaks like MCBRs. (mid course break runs) It's a safety system to make sure only one train is on a section (or block) at a time to avoid possible collisions.

the first coaster sim game to make it big didn't have this, but parts 2 and 3 did ;) ... as coasters have had this for quite a while, but REEAAALLLYY got refined with it in the 90's and onward... I mean look at today's coasters and their blocking systems .... it would boggle many a coaster fan's mind to go into all the technical stuff behind coaster safety in this one regard I bet. Though it all boils down to using breaks and other special track sections to keep one train out of another section currently in use.

BTW, this really could get funny with break downs in the game... and could even be horrifying... lol... just imagine the possibilities here.

Awe... dang, I missed out on the q and a this time. Oh well.... more later.

Thanks to make my idea understanble to everybody ( my english isn't as good i thought )

I just shaved mine... oh wait you mean Sam's... yea that is an amazing beard alright... and I just saw that that was him on the couch in the videos... WTH? lmao... How'd I miss that? [weird]

I think all those years of ...., let's just say I had my "hippy" faze... and I found myself flying in the sky with the kaleidoscope kites... and now I find myself quite well grounded... yea those years must have messed with my mind... [mouth shut]

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

I've moved this thread over to the main Planet Coaster forum so that everyone can makeuse of these fantastic answers.

I hope the Coaster Head Club had a nice time meeting Sam and taking part! :)

Thanks,

Zac

Hey guys,

I've moved this thread over to the main Planet Coaster forum so that everyone can makeuse of these fantastic answers.

Thanks,

Zac

Yes we did and it's nice to meet everyone from Frontier. When is the next Q&A and who will we be meeting this time?

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Zac
Can we ask questions?
Because I want to ask if he can show his T-shirt. I looks so cool! Is it a Mickey Mouse T-shirt?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom