Meet the Team Meet the Team - Steve Kirby

This was a great idea to start up! Fun and interesting to get a glimpse "behind the curtain" the guys always talk about on stream.

It's hard to fathom the many things that go on that we never know about, to keep us flying.

Keep up the fantastic work, devs - and Paige? You're da best.

o7

Thanks for taking on these articles again!
I hope we'll have more in the future: Meet the Team & Design & Technologies & Features & More...
Nice to see Steve, he's a cool & relaxed guy who get things done :p

What has playing Elite Dangerous taught you that you didn't know before, and, how many live elephants can you legally fit into a Type 9?
Tough question. I've learned about Sound design, Frequencies Analysis and whatever the name for decyphering images from sounds. These were good times!
Around 160 elephants seems about right... if we includes several types of them! :ROFLMAO: Strangely, I once have a similar question during a job interview: How many golf balls can you fit in a bus? I was like... wait what..... Ok let me do some calculations!

Where can we get one of these?!

84DE472C-643B-4C72-B1EE-EBA7A2E5FE93.jpeg

We need thargoids plushies and pillows!! (Those would look great in my space themed living room.)

Oh! And nice to meet you Steve!

Steve Kirby said:
What has playing Elite Dangerous taught you that you didn't know before, and, how many live elephants can you legally fit into a Type 9?

I'll answer the first question by way of the second.

For the second question, I think the answer lies in the words "live" and "legally." If they must be "live" elephants than we can't run them through an industrial wood chipper and compact them for more efficient storage. (But if they were on a manatee megaship....) Further, if said storage of the "live" elephants must also be "legal" then there is the implication that there is some level of elephant storage in a T9 that isn't legal. But how then does that apply to systems in an anarchy state? Would the elephant storage legality in one system vary to another? Elephant storage levels in Diaguandri could potentially be "legally" higher or lower than, say, in Sol...or Singalis, or any other given place. Also, the first three letters of "legal" give you "leg," which combined with the "s" from storage, and the fact that we all know that elephants never forget; confirms that the amount of live, legal elephant storage is directly inverse to the potentiality of the confirmation of Elite Feet: 2020.

And for the answer to the first question, Elite has taught me that no matter what you say...someone, somewhere on the internet will misconstrue it, take it out of context, and use it to defend something that they should never have said in the first place.

o7 CMDR's...and thanks for the interview Paige and Steve!

Great interview; looking forward to seeing more.

To answer Wendy's question: It might be a bit twee, but Elite Dangerous taught me how good a gaming community can be; across the players, the community management team and the developers.

To stand up after being knocked to the ground. Go head forward and don't take alternative routes, no matter the obstancles, don't overcome them, break through them with your head first. Most of that comes from PvP.
And assuming one elephant weights 5T on average, you can stuff almost 200 elefants onto one T9. However, as we want them to have a nice environment and space inside the ship to walk through, I say 10 (one little horde) and alot of on-board supplies for them. After all, we don't want their statisfaction level to decrease, eventually jettisoning themselves out of the T9.

1. How much being in a player group can enhance your gaming pleasure and experience. Working together on shared long term goals and having an impact on the game world. Throwing people together from across the globe and from different backgrounds.

2. Elephants did not make it through World War 3, so the question is moot in 3305

Top Bottom