Engineers MEF : As much as you want !!!

This has been around for some time, so until it gets patched fill your boots. The following gives MEF and other data :

Go to PG or SOLO(Doable in OPEN too)
Go to a settlement(list below)
Scan all the Data Points
Get reward :)
Log
Rinse, Repeat

Previously there was a 2 week cool down, which has disappeared in to the bug hell hole,for now ;)
Instead of about 10-15 mins per settlement, you can do this in 3.

But : Recently, can't remember which patch, I think for the skimmer exploit they restricted how close a ship can land to a settlement. It affects certain types.
Also certain types of settlement are easier.

My suggestion, allowing ship to park up close by,and quick scanning, are the M2M settlements.
Here are lists of a few that give Modified Embedded Firmware:
Lung 3 (Lockhart Prospect)
Tatapai 3 ( Whitney's Claim)
Nu Indi A2 (Bulleid's Folly)
Nu Indi A2 (Plucker Vision)

My fave(High G 3.3) : Pemoeri 4 ( Ramelli Landing)

:)

p.s. As you're not docking or boarding ship, keep an eye on your SRV's Hull & Fuel !

Last edited:
And CMDR DJA's map :)
(Data Point #1 is behind the wall so just get to within 50m and you can scan it anyway)

ogrFay4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Might give it a spin - MEF from passengers is fun, but always good to mix it up [up]

Edit: Tried it, fun 30 minutes :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I had already maxed out my MEF before 3.0 dropped. I might take my newest alt out to one of these places. I've been using the scientific settlements. Are these industrial? If so, did they drop the trespass zone?

Just tried it at one of the medium security large science place thingy. Works there too. Thanks

To quote Arnold Rimmer: "Well gentlemen, our strategy is clear. Let's tool up and go shopping!" :)

Unfortunately, I had already maxed out my MEF before 3.0 dropped. I might take my newest alt out to one of these places. I've been using the scientific settlements. Are these industrial? If so, did they drop the trespass zone?

Some science ones have a trespass zone, some don't, I have not checked industrial. However, as we only need 1 bookmarked now, not sure anyone has the will to re check and update the full list.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/272951-Medium-Security-Settlement-List-and-Guide-for-Modified-Embedded-Firmware/?page=1

Last edited:

No trespass problems on M2M
L1M types are now fully covered by the trespass zone, so no chance of even going in there with SRV without being fined.
M6H too I think(was a while ago).

Last edited:
Some science ones have a trespass zone, some don't, I have not checked industrial. However, as we only need 1 bookmarked now, not sure anyone has the will to re check and update the full list.
It is a sad state of affairs, hopefully soon to be remedied. Until then I see no reason to keep ED "Advantages" to a certain few :)
Obviously if I ever come across a huge exploit it will be reported(support) and kept hush hush.
I know this mini exploit has been live for a while, but you wouldn't believe the number of CMDRs who don't know!

inb4

some cheerleader said:
Hello Commanders,

We are aware that there are some issues with a change in planetary settlements respawn recently introduced to the game, and we have temporarily removed all planetary settlements in the game while we fully investigate and implement a fix.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback and bug reports sent in to us and will keep everyone posted as to when this fix will be available.

Thank you for your understanding!

Ah, thanks. I'd maxed out on MEF already, and was on the lookout for CIF as supplies are low...

I took an alt to Lung 3 and was getting more CIF than MEF at first. Once the MEF started flowing, it kept up at about 30% of scans. CIF then dropped from about 50% to about 30%.

Got some other data, but haven't been keeping track.

I'm at Pemoeri 4 ( Ramelli Landing). MEF is arround 65%, CIF 30%, the planet is high G 3.3 and a pleasure to drive.

edit
Correction, MEF is ~50%

Last edited:
I'm missing something and feeling really stupid. I scan these points. I get a countdown of 60 seconds but nothing else happens. No MEF. What else do I need to do?

I'm missing something and feeling really stupid. I scan these points. I get a countdown of 60 seconds but nothing else happens. No MEF. What else do I need to do?

You need to scan all of the data points before the timers run out.

When you scan the first data point, you'll get a 60 second timer.

When you scan the second, another 60 seconds is added. Then scan the third before the timer runs out.

Once done, you'll get several data rewards.

Relog and repeat.

You need to scan all of the data points before the timers run out.

When you scan the first data point, you'll get a 60 second timer.

When you scan the second, another 60 seconds is added. Then scan the third before the timer runs out.

Once done, you'll get several data rewards.

Relog and repeat.

Doh. Here i go again!

Top Bottom