Megaship or smaller that players can have.

I think it would be awesome if players could attain a type of Megaship that a player could upgrade and add modules to which they could call a home base.

Players could store their ships/cargo and modules and with the ability of long distance hyper jumps I think would be a killer feature to the game.

Hope that this gets to any kind of developer or FDev employee.

Thought fleet carriers were a multi player thing, cool if they are playable by a single player.

They are to be a squadron thing, but hopefully squadrons will be obtainable by a single pilot and there will be squadron carrier variants sized for small squadrons and solo pilots.

That all being said, carriers have been indefinitely delayed. It's currently in question as to whether they will ever actually be implemented following their development being cancelled.

I think it would be awesome if players could attain a type of Megaship that a player could upgrade and add modules to which they could call a home base.
Players could store their ships/cargo and modules and with the ability of long distance hyper jumps I think would be a killer feature to the game.
Are you trolling or just ill informed?

Thought fleet carriers were a multi player thing, cool if they are playable by a single player.

Only one problem - how do you operate a carrier AND get your own ships on it? Who minds the carrier while you’re gallivanting in something else? And why are we worrying about this when they’ve been axed from Beyond anyways?

Players wafting around in their invulnerable bloatatoes... Yeah, great idea for a game. :rolleyes:

You already have stations... so not sure what your point is here. Players still have to get out and use their other ships to move around in system or systems close by. I would think that moving a Megaship would be very cumbersome and you would only do it for really long hyper jumps.

The pros are:
- You get your own homebase, decorations and store stuff to buy... (don’t go crazy with store stuff Fdev)
- allowing you to store your ships in one place and not having to deal with being stuck with one ship while exploring a far out location.
- storage for modules and cargo.
- insentive to do more stuff in the game, and to explore.

Not the gameplay I'm looking for, but then I generally prefer exploring the galaxy in a combat loaded Vulture. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Continuation?p=6238654&viewfull=1#post6238654

I'd prefer more survival mechanics in the game and contextual progression opportunities for Engineering and the like outside of the meta.

Big cheese hog fortress? No, thanks. That's going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. It sounds kind of cool as an option and would be useful in the game; it just doesn't make for good gameplay nor does it fit our roles very well within the game as Commanders in the Pilots Federation. How many players could afford their ships without the insurance rebuy discounts of the Pilots Federation? I'm one, but I'd guess that most aren't, considering that there is such a free range crutch in the game.

Last edited:

You mean like freighters in NMS? ;) :D

Not the gameplay I'm looking for, but then I generally prefer exploring the galaxy in a combat loaded Vulture. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Continuation?p=6238654&viewfull=1#post6238654

I'd prefer more survival mechanics in the game and contextual progression opportunities for Engineering and the like outside of the meta.

Big cheese hog fortress? No, thanks. That's going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. It sounds kind of cool as an option and would be useful in the game; it just doesn't make for good gameplay nor does it fit our roles very well within the game as Commanders in the Pilots Federation. How many players could afford their ships without the insurance rebuy discounts of the Pilots Federation? I'm one, but I'd guess that most aren't, considering that there is such a free range crutch in the game.

I still don’t get what are you talking about...

- are you invulnerable while docked at a station..? Yes

What is the difference... docked at the megaship is the same thing.

Only difference is that you could make really massive jumps to locations you actually want to explore. Once there, you could use whatever ship to do whatever you want to do... take your vulture and go nuts, got tired of that, switch to mining/explorer ship. You are still in danger at all times, still hyperdicted, still run out of fuel... etc

You mean like freighters in NMS? ;) :D

I guess, haven’t gotten that far with NMS.

Lots of players want a personal base of some kind to store modules and ships. Whatever shape that takes is a matter of detail. This is a recurring ask. I'm just happy to see a topic not dedicated to the Gnosis.

Was really skeptical about this in the past, but NMS changed my mind. With increased module storage capacity, a home base would be helpful.

Currently my modules and ships are scattered all over the bubble. It's a mess.

They are to be a squadron thing, but hopefully squadrons will be obtainable by a single pilot and there will be squadron carrier variants sized for small squadrons and solo pilots.

That all being said, carriers have been indefinitely delayed. It's currently in question as to whether they will ever actually be implemented following their development being cancelled.

I probably don’t know, can you own a megaship? And can you force it to go where you want? Can you store cargo and customize it?

I’m thinking a smaller but still megaship behavior but a player can own and customize.

Lakon Type-11. It's basically a Type-10 with a spoiler on its spoiler. Oh, plus tons of hardpoint hatch misalignment and clipping issues because Frontier cares about quality control and hiring qualified programmers.

Top Bottom