Memorial for a fallen CMDR - Suggestion

On May 22nd, CMDR P3ndra6n went dark on the internet. About two weeks before that, he and I had a disagreement that caused a bit of a rift in our Squadron, Galactic Pathfinding Group, so we stopped seeing eye to eye. So I didn't find it all that strange when he went dark for a few days. Those few days turned into weeks, and just yesterday I learned that CMDR P3ndra6n has been confirmed dead, cause of death tbd, via facebook.
Two weeks after P3ndra6n's disappearance, due to the head of our squadron disappearing, a those of us still active in gpg left to create our own guild with a new focus. So this may not be our place to ask anymore, but:

During our time playing with CMDR p3ndra6n in GPG, 68 members at our peak, we had many nights of fun goofing off, killing pirates and goids, exploring wierd, hard to reach places in the galaxy. All of these events centered around one station, where our PMF eventually took control: Cyllene Orbital in Atlas.

What I'm asking is a memorial to those times. Would it be possible to either rename Cyllene Orbital after P3ndra6n (or Pendragn if numbers are too informal), or build a new station in Atlas with his name?
A memorial plaque in a prominent place inside his home station would be nice.

On a more general note - any game running the long run has players potentially passing away. Since the better part of them run on social interaction I feel it would be a good addition to have tasteful and persistent place to honour bonds lost to those passing away and those left playing. Many games include monuments to backers - but in games that draw on social experience social bonds can often be cornerstones to the gameplay.

Imo, a planet-side crashed ship site preferrably on a nice mountain peak reachable by srv would suit well for that.

On a more general note - any game running the long run has players potentially passing away. Since the better part of them run on social interaction I feel it would be a good addition to have tasteful and persistent place to honour bonds lost to those passing away and those left playing. Many games include monuments to backers - but in games that draw on social experience social bonds can often be cornerstones to the gameplay.

Imo, a planet-side crashed ship site preferrably on a nice mountain peak reachable by srv would suit well for that.

I really like this idea, something in game that would memorialize him would be great. He was a fuel rat too. Like P3n was always thinking of ways to help people's experience in this game be better.

I'd also like to point one other thing out. While there have been some valid counterpoints made against putting something in game (yes, they are valid points) I'm also going to also offer this; Atlas is 5.56ly from Maia which is home to Obsidian Orbital and not only is the station named for Obsidian Ant, but there's a commemorative beacon in orbit as well. P3n may not have been a popular streamer but he was easily one of the highest calibre pilots that this game plays home to. While Obsidian Ant is bringing new players in, P3n was retaining those players by showing what this game can be when someone plays with true passion. Whether or not you agree about memorials in game, I'd ask that you look into yourself and think about this; Fdev is willing to memorialize a player that advertises their game on YouTube. It's not even a stretch to think it's possible, it's not even asking to set a precedent. Please, our guy has earned a spot amongst the stars.

Plus, doesn't Pendragn's Reach sound so much cooler than Cyllene Orbital?

Last edited:
A suggestion, if I may: FD should set up a cemetery on some moon or planet with gravestones of each and every commander "we" know if (or special person, i.e., Steven Hawkings). At least then they're all in once place.

That's an awesome idea! Perhaps maybe something like they could add people to the Tionisla orbital graveyard? (I suppose they'd have to actually add the graveyard in the game as described in the book first)

Last edited:
I really like this idea, something in game that would memorialize him would be great. He was a fuel rat too. Like P3n was always thinking of ways to help people's experience in this game be better.

I'd also like to point one other thing out. While there have been some valid counterpoints made against putting something in game (yes, they are valid points) I'm also going to also offer this; Atlas is 5.56ly from Maia which is home to Obsidian Orbital and not only is the station named for Obsidian Ant, but there's a commemorative beacon in orbit as well. P3n may not have been a popular streamer but he was easily one of the highest calibre pilots that this game plays home to. While Obsidian Ant is bringing new players in, P3n was retaining those players by showing what this game can be when someone plays with true passion. Whether or not you agree about memorials in game, I'd ask that you look into yourself and think about this; Fdev is willing to memorialize a player that advertises their game on YouTube. It's not even a stretch to think it's possible, it's not even asking to set a precedent. Please, our guy has earned a spot amongst the stars.

Plus, doesn't Pendragn's Reach sound so much cooler than Cyllene Orbital?

Please, add the O because I will get a seizure. Pendragon's Reach is okay, I guess, and it should have a beacon with information about it, with the real name and everything else.

We are humans, after all, and it's in our blood to try to catch the best of the people who have "fallen" (hey, we're all going there, don't rush too much, take it easy), and immortalize them in some way, at least that's what we hope deep, to leave a mark.

I think he left his mark here, and It's not that we are asking the devs to just change some text in the game and stuff, not make the cargo commodities to have some usefulness other than trading...

(I'm speaking on how you, the forum, speak about him, and did a small google search, I can calculate that he was indeed who they say he was, and I think he deserves this.

Nobody have a way to tell if he exists somewhere, so please don't be very sad when people die, we're all going there, it's just a ride, or two.

A suggestion, if I may: FD should set up a cemetery on some moon or planet with gravestones of each and every commander "we" know if (or special person, i.e., Steven Hawkings). At least then they're all in once place.

Sorry to hear about deceased Cmdr.

But, considering in the future there will be only more of us on the other side of the road, I also loudly support the above ^^^^.

Frontier, please do consider this. Having a place on some moon with tombstones you can "visit" with your SRV would mean a lot to all players who lost someone. You could also ask for some proof or certificate of death, just to be sure you're not burrying a live person, but those are technical details.
Good and noble idea @Leadfoot 🙏(y)

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey there Commanders,

Thanks for this thread and for sharing all your messages. We wish to extend our deepest condolences to CMDR P3ndra6n's family and friends, and hope they're able to heal from this terrible loss.

While we'd love to help the Galactic Pathfinding Group in immortalize CMDR P3ndra6n, unfortunately at this time we're unable to add any new memorials into the game. This is because we can't currently dedicate the time and resources that each memorial deserves to be able to do it justice, and we wouldn't want to let anyone down. We hope you understand, but please do get in touch with any further questions.

-Paige

Top Bottom