Memorial for my little commander

A few days ago my daughter's 11 year old body succumbed under the strain of the fight against cancer. She was brave and wonderful and could have fought forever if it was up to her spirit.

I wanted to post this to help myself heal, to thank fdev for the game that has granted me so much relief from the stress of everything, and to thank bosslady and loose screws discord and squadron for being my online brothers and sisters.

To the devs: your work matters. It is just a game, but your amazing game has provided comfort and entertainment to people struggling with countless issues. I thank you so much for your efforts.

To the awesome community, particularly Kai Zen and bossladyB. Thank you such much for the play time and streams and late night talks. Community is what drives this game and it is encouraging to see so many players who deeply care about the universe they are involved in.
I believe that the expectations of core players will drive the push to a better and better game.

It is also amazing how this communtiy has banded together to donate to so amazing causes. cmdr platter and fdev's charity efforts come to mind. So much money raised to fight terrible diseases that effect commanders around the world!

Lastly I have a request from a grieving father. My Evelyn was a thinker and a reader. She loved the fact that you could fly through our on galaxy and see the stars that we see from our backyard.

I would love to get a named object in the game that i could go visit as a memorial. Preferably it would be something really bright, just like her. Unstoppable and bright in the darkness. It would so special for me.

Thanks for listening, mike.

Last edited:
There are hundreds of billions of systems, stars & planets in the ED Galaxy; every single memorable event or person could be tagged to a body and it would provide easter eggs for players to randomly find or specifically visit.

But the workload would be significant, and I believe FDev have now stopped this practice. Tag a body of your choosing with a bookmark & use that to remember your personal memories imo.

Truly sorry for you loss Mike. As a father of similar aged kids, I can only imaging your loss.

I'd fully support an in-game memorial to your little girl.

Salute to brave CMDR Evelyn from the black

1582941383618.png

The same request has been made before by other CMDRs, but to no avail. So I wouldn't count on it. With many thousands of players who all know a lot of mortal people, you can't blame FD for not setting a precedent by doing this.

That being said, my condolences. Now is the time to strengthen the bonds of love with your family. Godspeed.

@jellowiggler You could rename your CMDR (is that possible?), or start a new account, with a name in her memory and head out exploring. You can have her name on thousands of bodies all across the Galaxy! Would even give you something to do with your time while you heal. I hope to run into an ELW discovered by In_Memory_Of_Evelyn, or whatever name you choose.

o7

Mike, father of one 14 year old boy here - the light of my life. I don’t want to imagine the pain you are suffering right now. I hope you’re getting all the support you need from those around you.

Stay strong and hold on to the good memories.

“Comet Evelyn” has a nice ring to it and gets my vote.

A few days ago my daughter's 11 year old body succumbed under the strain of the fight against cancer. She was brave and wonderful and could have fought forever if it was up to her spirit.

I wanted to post this to help myself heal, to thank fdev for the game that has granted me so much relief from the stress of everything, and to thank bosslady and loose screws discord and squadron for being my online brothers and sisters.

To the devs: your work matters. It is just a game, but your amazing game has provided comfort and entertainment to people struggling with countless issues. I thank you so much for your efforts.

To the awesome community, particularly Qai zen and bosslady. Thank you such much for the play time and streams and late night talks. Community is what drives this game and it is encouraging to see so many players who deeply care about the universe they are involved in.
I believe that the expectations of core players will drive the push to a better and better game.

It is also amazing how this communtiy has banded together to donate to so amazing causes. cmdr platter and fdev's charity efforts come to mind. So much money raised to fight terrible diseases that effect commanders around the world!

Lastly I have a request from a grieving father. My Evelyn was a thinker and a reader. She loved the fact that you could fly through our on galaxy and see the stars that we see from our backyard.

I would love to get a named object in the game that i could go visit as a memorial. Preferably it would be something really bright, just like her. Unstoppable and bright in the darkness. It would so special for me.

Your pain breaks my heart. :( She will be with you always.

Fly safe Commander.

To the awesome community, particularly Qai zen and bosslady. Thank you such much for the play time and streams and late night talks. Community is what drives this game and it is encouraging to see so many players who deeply care about the universe they are involved in.

My condolences for the loss of your admirable daughter and my admiration for your strength of character.

Top Bottom