Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

MA.jpg

Latest update - Pleiades Barnacles survey completed - Full list of surviving Barnacle systems ( Pleiades ) with farmable barnacles highlighted
Materials listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giHvc1SISUcD7BPKjlbutkuwPrWQwHuSxnBwQ3MPQME/edit?usp=sharing

Barnacles - Historical info mostly now here. From the days of having to eyeball planets without knowing if there were any targets.
I think far more to it than humans depleted them.
Aegis most likely heavily involved
Allripe Forest systems however currently appear to remain untouched, maybe due to Thargoid interceptor visits at the forests

Screenshot_1912.jpg
Screenshot_1910.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.
Muchos Gracias.
Spisibo.
Merci.

I had come to Merope 2A and found nothing but a felled truffula forest:
21025x9936.jpg

But your list saved me.

That barnacle halfay up a cliff was pretty scary. Especially as it's sitting right underneath a Fed capital ship.

I had got a bit "instrument fixated" sorting the lat and long, and so when I made a last turn for final approach and I saw the Farragut 'Argus' my heart sank.
I HAD to be right underneath that. Had so see off an NPC eagle, but not drama there.
And then getting in the SRV and not sure if the Cap ship would take a dislike to me (I've got a little positive Fed rep that I've picked up as a meat by product of AEDC operations).

So I did get two Meta Alloys for Felicity.

I feel pretty bad because it does seem like we're over fishing these barnacles.

Is there any info on the farmed out ones re-healing and producing more fruit?
Is there like a pruning and management thing going, or do we just suck them dry and hope some good CMDR finds more?

I had a bit of a look in the Cannon thread (found this thred thanks). But there's like six themes running there and it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks again, CMDR PanPiper.

Last edited:
From previous research they all will ripen , it seems to be on a 3 weekly rotation. 1 week ripe followed by 2 weeks of broken. Although i'm monitoring these 16 to see if that is correct for all the barnacles or if they vary randomly.

Change day for barnacles is Thursdays and i'll update the ripe list. I've data for the RO-Q system for 2 weeks now and 1 weeks of data for Merope.
If the 3 week pattern is correct i should be able to forecast that RO-Q system.
Without a 2nd week of data yet for Merope, harder to predict that. since 2a is on 3/4 ripe, most likely will be 0 or 1 ripe and 3 or 4 barren on the change day. Merope 5c iirc had few the prior week, and this week 2 barren and 2 with 1 MA spike.
Unsure how or why the spikes vary yet, but hopefully a pattern emerges.

The RO-Q system forecast, 3 of the barnacles have been barren both weeks , so i presume those will be ripe come thursday, will confirm on the day.
-20.01 / 72.09 , -23.59 / 70.94 , -27.08 / 75.11

Last edited:
From previous research they all will ripen, it seems to be on a 3 weekly rotation. 1 week ripe followed by 2 weeks of broken. Although i'm monitoring these 16 to see if that is correct for all the barnacles or if they vary randomly.

Well, that's cheering news, I must say.
It was pretty disheartening to go to a legendary tourist spot for the first time and it looks like, uh - you know some place that has like an algal bloom from too much fertiliser and the creek is full of dead fish.

Cargill-clearfelled-rainforest-for-its-palm-oil-plantation-in-West-Kalimantan.jpg

A bit like the time I went to Tjakiri on an Onion Head bender with Marra's Black Omega mate Vic.
Those guys throw a bloody good party:

[video=youtube;QajyNRnyPMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QajyNRnyPMs[/video]

Anyways, after I woke up the next day with a pounding head and the stench of the Clair Dock slave pits cloggin my pipes - I needed to get something from the outfitters to make it home, so popped in to Harma but found the pirate station services dead because The White Templars had been up to no good.

So I'm glad to hear that Meta Alloy stocks wil be replenished, as I've heard on the grapevine that some of the usual Xenoterrorists are planning a UA bombing party over the Christmas break.

California nebula and the alliance outpost has them.
Yeah, Ollobrains - I'm looking at you, here.
But thanks for the heads up, I'll just go buy them in the future.

Last edited:
Well, that's cheering news, I must say.
It was pretty disheartening to go to a legendary tourist spot for the first time and it looks like, uh - you know some place that has like an algal bloom from too much fertiliser and the creek is full of dead fish.

A bit like the time I went to Tjakiri on an Onion Head bender with Marra's Black Omega mate Vic.
Those guys throw a bloody good party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QajyNRnyPMs

Anyways, after I woke up the next day with a pounding head and the stench of the Clair Dock slave pits cloggin my pipes - I needed to get something from the outfitters to make it home, so popped in to Harma but found the pirate station services dead because The White Templars had been up to no good.

So I'm glad to hear that Meta Alloy stocks wil be replenished, as I've heard on the grapevine that some of the usual Xenoterrorists are planning a UA bombing party over the Christmas break.

Yeah, Ollobrains - I'm looking at you, here.
But thanks for the heads up, I'll just go buy them in the future.

The large plan is to infect jaques out at colonia with unknown artifacts for storyline purposes, it might even lead to an expansion of meta alloy sources, all in the interest of advancing the games storyline, but yes the california nebula is still a barnacle rich location and possibility of an alliance colony and research expansion out there if the turner research faction gets enough support

Still awaiting the galactic tick of BGS. expecting soon and will get the barnacle weather soon.

No change in the barnacle state yet.

Will keep check on the sites and update when change happens, later perhaps or may not change for a few days or longer.
Maybe FD can enlighten us.
Still have nav targets for scanned barnacles, expected that to dissapear once the state change happens, unless that gets fixed which would be nice.

Last edited:
The large plan is to infect Jaques out at Colonia with unknown artifacts for storyline purposes.

"Storyline Purposes" - that euphemism is almost as good as SDC's "Content Delivery"

Not everyone has the same view of what you are doing. In fact some might call it XenoTerrorism:

21351x1798.jpg

No change in the barnacle state yet.
Will keep check on the sites and update when change happens.

I'm really interested to see a broken Barnacle refruit. What's your best prediction of the next one to do that?

Last edited:
"Storyline Purposes" - that euphemism is almost as good as SDC's "Content Delivery"

Not everyone has the same view of what you are doing. In fact some might call it XenoTerrorism:

http://inara.cz/data/gallery/21/21351x1798.jpg

I'm really interested to see a broken Barnacle refruit. What's your best prediction of the next one to do that?

Pleiades sector RO-Q B5-0 4. 3/8 barnacles were barren for 2 weeks, 'should' of been ripe this week. locations -20.01 / 72.09 , -23.59 / 70.94 , -27.08 / 75.11
although the barnacle state tick didnt tock yesterday, or today.
Will monitor the barnacles for when they do change. Only happened once before i believe, back when they were first monitored. the barnacles got stuck with no change for 3 weeks.
I'm hoping this wont go on that long,it will put my research on hold. Possibly related to beta ? i dunno.

Until the change happens current barnacles are still ripe. Merope 2a locations are still ripe in OP

Update Wednesday : no changes yet. Should be a state change again tomorrow but unsure what will happen, probably nothing i presume but will check.

Located a double barnacle, alas it is in one of the PRE guarded systems, not too much a problem with skimmers but the goliath makes it unusable as a farming location.
Will keep looking for another double ripe unguarded if this state change doesnt happen.

Last edited:
Barnacle state change happened today like normal, unsure why last week was an exception. Short of time for now. will update other locations soon , for now you will have to make do with a Jackpot barnacle.
Pleiades sector RO-Q B5-0 4 23.59/70.94 Unguarded 4 MA spikes. Barnacle of the week i think this one shall be.Also one of my 3 predictions for ripening
Pleiades sector RO-Q B5-0 4. 3/8 barnacles were barren for 2 weeks, 'should' of been ripe this week. locations -20.01 / 72.09 , -23.59 / 70.94 , -27.08 / 75.11
Other two locations also ripened with 1MA spike each. -27.08 / 75.11 also gained some turrets.
remaining 5/8 locations all changed to barren state as predicted.
Monitoring the 3 locations on Pleione also since last week. Will check on those locations and the 8 in Merope and add info for those locations tomorrow.

Wo4e8xrl.jpg
oTy2CrHl.jpg

Last edited:
This will not be a simple experiment it seems.. the old pattern of ' barren , barren , ripe ' , 3 alternating weeks is not the whole picture, theres more complex patterns or they vary by planet or system.

RO-Q system was predictable on that last cycle, although the MA spikes vary much.

Merope has defied the predictions. Expected 2A to be mostly barren this week after 3/4 barnacles ripe with 2MA spikes. The change this week has put all merope 2a barnacles ripe.. highly unexpected.
Appears the 2MA spike ripe now changed to 1MA spike guarded. Barren barnacle now in 2MA state. One of 2A's barnacles had that clone, at times it was a double barnacle with the main barnacle single under capship.
The barren double clone has ripened to 2MA, main barnacle is now in 1MA state. Seems the double clone is 1 week behind perhaps.

2nd harvestable barnacle in double state. 4MA. 5 technically but that single B is guarded turreted and large exclustion zone , doesnt cover the double though, easy pickings.
MEROPE 2A 2.68 / 143.03
gpGRsMr.jpg

Had nearly 4 days of internet severed.. Cable cut by workmen but now fixed. Luckily made it back for barnacle state change day without having to recruit a field scientist.

Been a busy day , but no barnacle change seems to of happened again, as of last time i checked around 8PM , could be late but unlikely, fogotten today maybe, but will recheck tomorrow, Friday for any changes.
If not then states remain the same, 2 ripe double barnacle locations with 4 MA.

Barnacle state change occurred today.
The doubles from last week no longer valid.
Still have others to check after work.
No double barnacles yet But one good source for now is
Pleiades sector RO-Q B5-0 4 -27.10 / 74.60
Unguarded ripe barnacle with 2MA

Edit: passing the time compiling my barnacle notes,many scraps of paper with scribblings from past weeks.
Since some weeks skip a barnacle state change,I now have data on 4 state changes in RO-Q and 3 changes in other systems.
Regular patterns emerging but some variety.
2 changes of barren then next ripe,for most but not Merope 2a which is anomalous, changes but mostly ripe there 3/4 changes 1/4 barren change. Odd.
2MA or 1MA cycle still need more changes data.
Will complete checking last 4 in this cycle then predict next changes for either next week or week after.

OP updated now. Should remain the same till 5th Jan at least. Will see if changes or remains the same from 5th till 12th.

Last edited:
No apparent change,, state change happened as the nav targets on barnacles reset. But appears no change in the states they have remained as they were.

Odd, but will recheck in next few days as there were far greater developents!

No doubt you have heard that live alien unknown ships have been sighted in and around the Pleiades interdicting. A few vids and many pictures around already. Keep eyes open if you have UA and are near the Pleiades

Rechecked the Barnacle states earlier this evening , since the new patch. Didnt expect any changes, didnt find any.

Had been busy at the Ancients ruin site, or guardians as they are known. Some testing done with good data results.

Tomorrow should be a new barnacle state change day. Will check on the barnacles under study for any changes.
Re-scanning the barnacles when nav targets vanish, as expected. Also testing Ancient items while scanning the barnacle data for improbable and unlikely results.single earlier test nothing new, but have to check just to eliminate.

Last edited:
Latest data on barnacle navigation points. From observations since this was introduced in 2.2 they have seemed to vanish each weekly state change.
i suspected it was not meant to get lost, but is stored on the barnacle state that is drawn in for the week.

E.g say each barnacle has many states it can be in, stored as a seperate object ( with or without spikes,turrets,skimmers etc )
you seem to remember the navigation target for when the barnacle is in that state alone. Scanning further weeks i suspect fills in the blank nav targets for each type of state.

Each week i had lost the nav targets , i noticed mainly since i had started this study each week now . Until this week, changed state, nav targets were gone except for a couple which i hadnt visited since last week.
Merope 2a had a target i hadnt visited that day, inspecting it was in the same state at the start of this study.
Another in RO-Q system had one 1 out of the 8 nav targets when i entered system, also in the same state it had been scanned in before.

In Pleiades JC-U B3-2 there also was a nav target, i had not visited that system for months.
Checking the single barnacle there in a barren state with cap ship against the barnacle meta sheet, it was one i had discovered on the 24th October last year! Just after the 2.2 release with nav targets added to barnacles.
Possibly was the last time i was at that barnacle and happened to be in the same state as when i had found it and first scanned it

Its too early for certainty at this early stage, but would appear so. Next thursday should yield more infomation with the state change, and the barnacles in pleiades under study.
I hope now with 5 state changes logged and scanned each week there could be more returning to a state that i have scanned them in
Barren barnacles have not remained with nav targets , so i suspect counted as seperate states regardless.

Next change could be useful if i am right. It could be possible to only bother scanning the ripe barnacles, say in a system like JC-U B3-2 the binary planets 1&2 have around 50-60 barnacles between them.
If you only see the nav targets of barnacles in the ripe state, then with a few weeks of scans there of the ripe ones only, then the navigation panel would show several ripe barnacles only while in orbit, easy to select and farm locations then.

Taking a break out to the California nebula for a day or two, maybe find some new barnacles while logging the current ones here.

If you are willing to travel to the California nebula and looking for more than 2 MA barnacles to farm in peace then this one is a nice farm location for the week.
Double barnacle 5 MA spikes - California sector LC-V C2-10 A 4 -9.71 / 138.80 added to OP

cW0ZRwqh.jpg
powvc6Ll.jpg

Additional - While scanning some of the known barnacles out here in the California nebula finished some scans in one system , had suspected in past barnies would be on the other planet of this binary.
located that one tonight.. New barnacle found on new planet in a known barny system,, not many found at all in last few months,, in fact only 2 in last 5 months,, and one was by me.
mPJpH2U.jpg
t0bNqcX.jpg
kVGFG3J.jpg

Last edited:
+1 for this thread

thank you. Always nice to know this infomation is useful.
Maybe just interesting or just perseverance, but i hope one day soon the Barnacle story will be back in the limelight.
Nowhere else in the galaxy can you source a Meta-Alloy but a barnacle, they will have significant uses in time as these engineers keep telling us. but when they reveal what they have discovered is anyone's guess.
(Prof. Pallin, what are those defense technologies from MA you mensioned in galnet ? Like always , he's gone silent and into hiding no doubt )

Additional info to add,
had another beer, since it was there,, second wind and thought i would continue my brief survey again in the California nebula.

More data came to light regarding the navigation markers. Arrived in California nebula DL-Y D4 . Another main barnacle system in this nebula.
Surprised since it had been quite some time since last visit. This system also had navigation markers available from long ago scans.
More data confirming what i suspected but dismissed when the nav targets in 2.2 got intoduced and vanish.
4 in this system though long after i had visited here last, so headed off to complete fresh scans of all known barnacles in this system.

Upon reaching C2/C3 binary planets, 4 nav targets , 2 on each planet, must have been months ago was here last but they remain now in the same state i scanned them in last.
California Sector Dl-y d4 C 2 45.69 / -88.15 Caught my eye as i neared the nav target in glide mode and a wave of nostalgia. Here was my first ever first barnacle discovery, it was a double barnacle on a mountain side in this nebula.
Slowly from there on 7 months ago i got better at locating the barnacles, right back where it all started for me as a Barnacologist
Double barny half way up that hillside
vKLc99Il.jpg

Have a pic from my last visit actually iirc.. wasn't that long back soon after i started this thread. It was the first time i had ever seen the barnacle be ripe,, every time was barren till then.
wYka4Q3l.jpg

Oh and another Double barnacle here on C3 too, this time a 4 MA spike unguarded one. Seems out here things are just 'RIPE' i guess without the Pleiades Resource Co. possibly affecting their state changes or putting in defenses things are just simpler for the barnies.

California Sector DL-Y D4 C 3 48.45 / 11.74
wnDpYegl.jpg

Still one more barnacle system in this nebula to check,, could be more old scans active.
Leaving Mic turner base in California sector BA-A E6 and its barnacles and new ones i may find till tomorrow.Most likely there will be other old nav targets there active from when i last did a pass through this nebula.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late Edit : Arrived in BA-A E6 system , found one last bottle of beer and still up this late. Anyways, got here but no further for now , in system , confirmed several Navigation markers for barnacles from a while ago visible.
Za4jtVDl.jpg

7 nav targets from my last venture through this area, maybe 1-2 months ago. all post 2.2 update. Logged 7 barnacle targets last pass it seems, and only 7 known in this system.
Same state as that time perhaps? things certainly looking better now with the nav targets.

Mic Turner base at the north pole, also with the fungal site. Since locating Nightshade Valley fungal site , 3rd at Hind nebula after another Cmdrs first discovery , makes me think at least 3 sites of fugus possible here too.
First was located prior to the base's construction, placed their no doubt due to its discovery rather than nearby barnacles which was its purpose.
Quite possible other fungal sites are on planet, while surveying the barnacles in system and other planets later, will survey for fungal sites, or maybe even coral.
This site is central to the nebula and would fit into my categories for nebulous life spawn locations. Either barnacles or possible fungal sites,, good times later scouting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom