Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

Finishing up scouting the last known system with barnacles in the California nebula. Mic turner base and 7 barnacles , all which still have old nav target markers.
I may spend some time here , either looking for more barnacles or trying to locate other fungal sites.
I learned from the Hind nebula fungal site , multiple sites are very likely just like the geological sites.
vJFaUvPm.jpg

Different rules to barnacle placement, but if theres 1 here there must be others. Same for the barnacles. Also planets 1-3 to check for any activity.

Double barnacles do seem to be more common here in the California nebula. Another located this cycle with 4 MA spikes.
California Sector BA-A E6 4 30.58 / -66.27
50RfuYjl.jpg

Last edited:
Pre Additional , Did i mension the new Alliance base ? the 2nd base in the California nebula.. ya know , we gathered the materials end of december for that CG, completed but they never told us where or even if it was added , well found that.
Might of got lost in the Canonn threadnaught or on discord,, a few saw,, but its there . Quietly released info hehe.
AfHBbPWl.png

XBmUZcdl.jpg

Also like Mic Turner base, Mahon Research Base has what i now call a fungas garden. just like at the other base. Very odd, more for my geological and biological studies. odd placement still near these alliance bases. Why ??

Additional , i got held up before leaving the California nebula.
With the new Mahon Research Base discovered now in HIP 18077 , i noted there was no MA demand. Not surprising since nobody knew it was there. It does have a BM so it could also become a target.

Also a target? Yes , it seems while at Mic Turner base in California Sector BA-A E6 i noted there was a MA demand in the market. Some of those UA Bombers perhaps have decided to deliver a little further afield after shutting down so many stations in the bubble

First thing of note before proceeding further. If you carry 1MA at least you will be able to see the demand at stations you land at. Without it you dont see that commodity.
This can act almost like a UA bomber detector!.

When a station gets listed in galnet Starport status updates there are 3 catagories. Station affected (some systems down , thousands of demand), Station about to close (most systems down, several thousand demand),Station shutdown (10's thousand demand)
By then it can be far too late to organise a effort to counter it.

Small demand last night at Mic Turner base though, 450 or so iirc, sold my 40 tons , demand falls but reverts to 450 reinstanced,, its a daily update on demand.

Restocked earlier today after deciding not too leave and try to counter this early UA bombing attempt.. A call to arms if you like for Alliance.. Many wont be aware there are Alliance assets out here,, not 1 base but now the newly found 2nd base too.

Also a potential target, but UA distances are far , and MA ,the cure is actually on this planet..

This cycle i located last night that last double barnacle , i was mistaken too, not 4MA, but it has 5 MA . Maybe the beers and i didnt see the last one.

Demand is falling to 252 today,, sold another 40 tons of MA and i plan to return to this same barnacle and get at least one more haul in of around 50 tons.

You want to help ? need some profit and interested in barnacles and want to help some alliance outpost in need?

Barnacle valid in this state till 19 th Jan
TlbFbRI.jpg

Deliver MA to Mic Turner Base , same planet , a few mins to cruise and glide there. Wont take long and its will be cured before its even infected. Tomorrow perhaps.
60-65k selling price of MA, you pick them up from barnacles for free. 5 per instance. Land ship near the barnacle, plenty of room , nice flat area ripe for harvesting pick you're own
SRV holds 2, shoot pick 2, transfer cargo, shoot pick 2, transfer cargo, shoot last one, reinstance. get the 2nd MA and transfer cargo again, 4 MA left, finish up the cycle and repeat.
5 MA per instance, 10 mins can do at least 3 times maybe 4 depending on driving skills.
20 MA in 15 mins,, thats worth 1.2 million at least market prices and helps the base ..

I dont expect demand to increase and probably was just a one off UA bombing,, but if persists or they attack our new Alliance Mahon Research Base i shall be ready to gather another Ripe source to counter them.

Delivered another load of 54 t MA. wont know the demand until tomorrow updates.
Yesterday approx 460 MA demand.
Tomday 252 demand .
Tomorrow unsure. If more were selling here unknown factors. Sold 50 or so day before , demand reduced nearly 200 . 50 more sold today, also noted on my thread Mic Turner base UA bombed briefly, sourcing a 5MA on same planet
i expect that this will be cured or just about cured. Will have more details around 4-5pm daily BGS update should tick over for the market demand.

Also just attained Allied with Turner Research Group. MA has a big effect on increasing rep with a faction, counted on profit margin it seems, and harvested MA is 60k profit per ton at least..
Can quickly get you to Cordial, Friendly ,Allied regardless of the faction you are targeting,, say you were helping cure you're own home system in the bubble. or anothers.

Also i claim patent on MA use as a UA Bomber detector, having 1 MA in hold will show demand for MA. None if unaffected, any demand revealing UA deliveries. Long before any mension in galnet starport status updates.
By then infection is rife and countering far harder. MA demand can reveal UA deliveries and earlier MA medication can easier neutralise the effects even before the station suffers failures.

1 MA carried in hold , although may attract pirates is a MA demand scanner revealing any technoplague infections far earlier than station updates

Last check 252 demand which it reverts to, until tomorrow. Presuming increased MA vs UA or no UA increase = cured or almost cured

Last edited:
Update - Incoming transmission .
Barnacle state mission delayed till later , more important news.

Monitoring UA bomb or MA increase in demand at Mic turner and also Mahon research base in California Nebula. Multiple MA deliveries into the hundreds didnt reduce the increasing demand. Possible UA bombing suspected but not shown on the latest starport update list yet. i await further data to confirm if UA bombers.

Today though. Barnacle state day, but diverted by latest CG in Galnet. Sirius Corp research to counter the UA bad effects , possible solution? Progressing rapidly tier 2 now withing a hour of launch.
Deliver materials to the contacts tab - Science and research project - Sign up first. Shield scans , shield data, Unknown fragments.
Easiest to farm fragments at unknown ship crash site 3.
System : HIP 17403
Planet A 4 A
Coord: -34.96 / -141.37
Contains 3 fragments, and 3 UA, which dissasemble into 1 or 2 fragments each. Suspect open and groups busy and glitchy, solo preferable.

Good chance too of Hyperdiction with UA and UF interactions and flying through Pleiades.

ENJP2o0.jpg

Will update the barnacle states later tonight or tomorrow.
Heading back to recheck for any changes.

CG thread for the UF's wont last the night , or maybe 1 day at most. Turn in what scans and fragments you have , little time to farm.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/323255-Sirius-Corp-to-Address-Unknown-Artefact-Issue

Last edited:
This thread is very useful. So thank you PanPiper!

Just a question. I'm here in the California Sector and farming barnacles. However, not getting Arsenic, which is what I'm really looking for. Does this only spawn on certain planets or if I keep reloading, I'll eventually get some.

21:00 Thursday , no change in the barnacle states yet, i guess awaiting the Barnacle galac-tic-tock to happen. Will check on them tomorrow evening. CG will complete soon too, 70 % done last check.

This thread is very useful. So thank you PanPiper!

Just a question. I'm here in the California Sector and farming barnacles. However, not getting Arsenic, which is what I'm really looking for. Does this only spawn on certain planets or if I keep reloading, I'll eventually get some.

Materials from the barnacles ( and geo/bio sites ) will always be related to the materials on the planet in system map with detailed scans.
Much like geo sites, they can be farmed that way , but the barnacles are more random than targetable. With the right barnacle you can easily stock up on Arsenic, since each material = 3 materials collected.

If you are out in the California Nebula, i've checked the planets with arsenic , 2 possible planet locations only out of the known barnacles.
California Sector LC-V C2-10 A 5 -19.91 / -7.52 My latest find, Arsenic on planet , BUT, considering i found that in the ripe stage during the last week, it may change to barren, unless the state change skips this week.

Better option is the DL-Y D4 system 6th planet, Arsenic on that planet and 4 barnacles there. Unsure on their current states but at least 1 maybe 2 could be in ripe stage. As long as its ripe, getting arsenic shouldnt be a problem.
California Sector DL-Y D4 C 6 -34.46 / -44.43
California Sector DL-Y D4 C 6 -29.43 / -54.33
California Sector DL-Y D4 C 6 -24.74 / -64.04
California Sector DL-Y D4 C 6 10.35 / -80.22

Ideally locating a Fumarole site on a volcanic planet with Arsenic is far easier for stocking up. Alas i have no locations for geo sites that far out yet.
I normally stock up at the jumponium sites i located for Canonn in IX Chodharr system but thats back on the edge of the bubble.
IX CHODHARR 2 C A -4.32 / 16.18 Fumarole site. iirc 3 x Arsenic from Crystal fragments around the fumaroles. Should drop around 1/3 chance from fragments depending on other materials of that rarity type on the planet.
Cobble= Very common+common , Crystal Fragments = common + uncommon (now just regular element) ,Crystal Clusters= Rares , Needle crystals=Very rares

Last edited:
No state change, thinking that may alternate changes from 1 week , 2 week , 1 week, 2 etc. will keep eye on that.

Same as last week then.
PLEIADES SECTOR RO-Q B5-0 4 -26.57 / 73.32 2MA , Unguarded
PLEIADES SECTOR RO-Q B5-0 4 -31.93 / 77.61 2MA , Capship
MEROPE 2A -11.23 / -145.37 2MA , Capship
MEROPE 2A 2.68 / 143.03 2MA , Capship + Barren clone barnacle
MEROPE 5C -26.35 / -156.40 2MA Unguarded

California Nebula - Still those 5 MA spikey should be there for this week.
California Sector BA-A E6 4 30.58 / -66.27 5MA!
California sector LC-V C2-10 A 4 -9.71 / 138.80 5MA !

California Sector DL-Y D4 C 3 48.45 / 11.74 4MA

Updated OP with the previous locations again since i cleaned them earlier.

Last edited:
Bad news. I just visited this site and there's a big, ugly Farragut floating over it. :(

Well thats a change then,, the cap ship and ships are mostly safe, keep low and dont approach the cap ship.

Did it have 2 MA spikes like before?, Maybe there was no changes this cycle in some systems, or maybe cap ship movements..

I only did a brief check earlier and found those in the same state, Later on i will do a full round and do a full detailed check. Also possible a late state change today,, hope so as thats a new data set to study.

Well thats a change then,, the cap ship and ships are mostly safe, keep low and dont approach the cap ship.

Did it have 2 MA spikes like before?, Maybe there was no changes this cycle in some systems, or maybe cap ship movements..

I only did a brief check earlier and found those in the same state, Later on i will do a full round and do a full detailed check. Also possible a late state change today,, hope so as thats a new data set to study.

I'm at the site right now and have been parked here for two days. No changes that I can see. Still two MA spikes in the same configuration as the last couple of weeks. Rares are Antimony, Molybdenum and Tin. It's also spitting out Zirconium like it's a clearance sale.

Just ran a full check on RO-Q system , i can confirm no changes. i found one mistake in my logs, recorded one as turreted 2MA, should been 1MA turreted. corrected that in my log, but didnt post that one. Turrets only spawn on 1MA spiked setup.

Bad news. I just visited this site and there's a big, ugly Farragut floating over it. :(
Might have been error in his coordinates i presume,aimed for the cap ship while gliding perhaps? there is a cap ship nearby but thats further west in the distance, 2 other barnacles are there, 1 below capship barren and other nearby but turreted 1MA.

Coordinates are 52 km east of the cap ship
-26.57 / 72.09 A nice one , bit of rocky terrain , but land to the right side of the barnacle where its flat, can park there nearby and farm the 2MA , quick and short trip to ship.
ZVw2BFkh.jpg

Last edited:
*slowclap*

Pan, dude, thanks for all your work on this. You've revealed quite a bit about the barnacles and meta alloys that I didn't know about (chief among them that they're targetable from orbit now. Did not know.)

Rock on, I'm gonna have to check out that 5 spiker before it ticks again.

MA demand seems unrelated to UA attacks,, I presumed that demand was related to UA infection but seems not.

Alliance bases presumably are not being attacked in California nebula, but MA demand is now around 500 at Mic Turner. 580 at Mahon research base.
I've delivered a few hundred tons of MA to each of them over last week so they should at least be protected somewhat.

Infected starports have MA demand, but i presumed non infected stations didnt, until i noticed Jameson Memorial at founders world , with no BM has a large MA demand of 43,000. Cant be infected so that rules out UA attacks.

Unsure now even if MA did counter the UA effects like Prof Pallin told us. UA infections still spread, but hopefully now Sirius Corp will have some answers after the latest CG.

Will have to see what uses MA shall have for the future then, Pallin also suggested defensive technologies uses for MA but nothing further on that galnet news since.

Awesome thread, will rep asap.

I was actually intending to ask if anyone knew whether undepleted barnacles could still be found, after some disappointments.

Magnificent work!

Later today will be the barnacle state change day again (around 4-5pm GMT ), i presume it wont skip two weeks in a row so should have new data incoming in the afternoon.
Checks to see which navigation markers have returned if any. There should be many i assume since many weeks of scans now accumulated.

Will survey the Pleiades ones first to assist in the curing of stations. CG completed and news suggests MA needed to counter UA effects are lowered.

Also i'll check out at the California nebula barnacles, see if last change with many doubles continues or returns to singles. Check demands of MA at Mic turner base and Mahon research base.
Infected stations have MA demand. I thought the demand was a sign of UA effects but there could be other reasons. Stations i've checked have no demand without UA's.
2 Alliance outposts have demand, and also Founders world , Jameson's Memorial owned by Pilots Federation, but also no BM there. I've more to find out about the mechanics or reasons behind these.

Predictions for the change.

PLEIADES SECTOR RO-Q B5-0 4 - 2 barnacles have been in barren states for 2 changes now, they should be ripe with the next change.

-27.01 / 72.09 Both quite close by to each other. Previous ripe both had 1 MA and turreted, presuming they will become 2MA unguarded later on
-27.08 / 75.11

MEROPE 5C 8.33 / -96.13 This one of the 4 barnacles here will be ripe the next change. Previously ripe with 1 MA and turreted , hope to see this one 2 MA unguarded next.

MEROPE 2A This planet has been the odd one, only 1 behaves normally so far , with the other 3 almost fixed in a ripe cycle with barren weeks being 1MA weeks.

-11.23 / -145.37 Previously 2MA Capship , should be barren cycle but that means it should then be back to 1MA and guarded ,probably turrets if repeats its cycle.
13.42 / -161.51 Not one i list due to being on a mountain side, but for study it is in the same cycle as barnacle above. Previous 2MA Capship, should become 1MA Turreted
2.68 / 143/03 The oddity barnacle with a clone. Main barnacle will be as above again, was 2MA capship , next should be 1MA turreted. Clone nearby however is different and behaves like a regular barnacle cycle. 2 off 1 on cycle.
Clone one previously in 2 barren cycles and now should be ripe again. 2MA most likely but last cycle ripe it was a double , so 4MA. Will have to see how it behaves later after a change.
9.74 / 134/23 Regular cycle pattern on this one. 2 previous cycles of barren , should become ripe with 2MA later on.

PLEIONE 11A Pleione's barnacles i only use for study, 3 known there , Imperial Cap ships. Can be less friendly if you get too close so i am wary of farming from these locations.
0.81 / 176.56 Of the 3 barnacles they are all on differing cycles too, so one should always be ripe. This one previously 2 barren cycles and should be ripe next. Last ripe had 1MA and turrets, predict 2MA this cycle

Last edited:
Good times today. Barnacle state change happened . Arrived at RO-Q system to notice no navigation markers. Unexpected, thought a few should be here, but confirms a state change has happened.
Just brought myself back from the new ruins systems where some nice finds are happening. No ruins yet, but i found a fumarole or two, this morning someone found SPACE TREE'S or Brain fugus trees. Cool stuff.

Survey will take a while to get around. Quick update if you're in need of MA fast. PLEIADES SECTOR RO-Q B5-0 4 -23.59 / 70.94 Unguarded 4 MA spike barnacle. This should do for MA farming close to bubble.
4xlFenfh.jpg

Prediction on that one correct. Returned to its previous ripe stage as a double ripe 4MA . Curious. will have to check if all revert to one ripe state only or vary.
Thats the top Barny in that system for this cycle. 2 others ripe with 2 MA capship(-27.01/72.09) and 1MA skimmer(-27.08/75.11)

Brief Video from orbit showing nav targets of barnacles on RO-Q B5-0 4 . Shows the targets and placement on canyons, can be useful to search for similar areas for new ones. Could be more on this planet too.
[video=youtube_share;-p2EeKsguJU]https://youtu.be/-p2EeKsguJU[/video]

RO-Q system complete. All are in predicted states. Moved to Merope next. Approaching 2A 3 of the 4 barnacles have their navigation markers. Curious. Also from orbit Merope 2A does look like many possible more sites would be here, Time to search is the problem but plenty of viable areas. Surely more than 4 barnacles here.
Video
[video=youtube;4SbR0d31XtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SbR0d31XtM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2A survey completed. Once again it has returned to previous state with same double barnacle on the Clone barnacle. 2nd Harvest site with 4MA in Pleiades.
Merope 2A -2.68 / 143.03 Single turret guarded with cap ship barnacle thats the main one, next to it is the Clone of it, now in double ripe state with 4 MA -2.65 / 143/03

Onward to 5c next
No Nav markers. One ripe as predicted at 8.33/-96.13 . Bad barnacle to harvest on a mountainside again. Returned to its last ripe stage of 1MA and skimmers instead of turrets this time.

Seems excluding 2A which has 1MA replacing its barren, most seem to return to the same state , most 2MA ones return to 2MA , most 1MA return to 1MA , 2 exceptions so far. could be another cycle but not to worry for now.

Pleione 11A - 3 nav targets in place when i arrive. useful. one should be ripe this cycle. not seen a 2MA here yet, maybe its time.
No 2MA yet here, All sites have cap ships , ripe one as predicted at 0.81/176.56 but once again 1MA spike and skimmers with exclusion zone.

Summary - 2 top locations in double ripe state with 4MA - One unguarded but with cap ship nearby on the clone but not a problem, other Unguarded 4MA

Patterns seem predictable now. Should be able to class these barnacles into one of three cycles , each cycle a select list will be active and ripe. If that works then the same could be applied to all barnacles with some study.

Proceeding to the California nebula briefly , check alliance bases MA demand, check barnacle nav targets. No time to survey their states tonight.
HIP 18077 Mahon Research Base MA demand 440 sold them 8 or 10 MA . seems to be stable not increased . Unsure why MA demand,, for science i guess and not UA effects.
California Sector BA-A E6 4 Nav targets for barnacles in place 7/7 , same as before,, no missing targets
No time to survey all, or other 2 systems here. Couple of barren double barnacles found on BA-A E6 4 , ponly checked 5/7 barnys . no time.. last check on MA demand for MIc then i need to return home. and sleep. Dayshift work.
Mic Turner base MA demand - 389 lower than it was several days back ( 440 iirc ) sold 5MA token gesture.
If theres time may return to check on things here, but with so much else going on regarding the ruins systems to search, the tree brain fungus found , 2 sites now. that needs study and spawn criteria determining.

Last edited:
Tomorrow could be a state change day. previous change took 2 weeks. This cycle is now at end of the first week. Could change on a 2 week then 1 week cycle perhaps, but will find out tomorrow.
Would be best if skips a week as we have 4MA doubles in this cycle.

Looking at next change, should be a repeat of a previous cycle no.4

2MA at most during that change if so.
Predictions if the cycle change happens on 2/2/17 -- EDIT : Passed no change this week. Same predictions for 9/2/2017
RO-Q B5-0 4 -27.10 / 74.60 2 MA unguarded
Merope 5C -28.77 / -114.01 2 MA + Capship

dont think there will be any other nice ripe ones, but many other 1MA barnacles, some may become 2MA but doubtful.

2MA are certain, but the doubles with 4MA and 5MA only during 1 of the 3 cycles with the barnacles i'm studying currently.
I may search out other doubles in nearby systems for those cycles. If can locate, then should be able to maintain 4MA locations for all weeks.

Work tonight, Dentist in morning,followed by more work. May not get time to run a full check on the barnacles but will confirm these 2 which should be ripe, rest will have to wait for days off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom