Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

New barnacle system with Megabarnacle Garden! Pleiades Sector LY-Q b5-2! Thanks to Zebarmy for willing to learn on how to find barnacles :)

Pleiades Sector LY-Q b5-2
Planet A 2
Latitude: 5.94
Longitude: 127.12

q7ECldd.png

Album:

https://imgur.com/a/ogivM

Interesting that this system is only 30ly from the last garden (PS SP-N-B7-0). And also not far from the Hyades forest (HS AQ-Y D-81).

Last edited:
Nice find. A bit different pattern to the others, I think.

It looks good on the new, non beige planets. :)

Yep it is different... it is... well "streched". Was hoping to find a duplicate of one. And yes indeed, new planets are just... awesome!

Last edited:
Another Megabarnacle Garden in the same system! Looks beautiful! Check out the album if you are far away.

Planet A 3
Latitude: -33.83
Longitude:

Album:

https://imgur.com/a/XoVr3

Enjoy!

Nice find. Man I would get so excited and spooked flying around then spotting that dense fog down in the canyon. I might have to start barnacle hunting again (maybe I'll finally find a new one [???])

New barnacle system with Megabarnacle Garden! Pleiades Sector LY-Q b5-2! Thanks to Zebarmy for willing to learn on how to find barnacles

Planet A 2
Latitude: 5.94
Longitude: 127.12

Interesting that :)this system is only 30ly from the last garden (PS SP-N-B7-0). And also not far from the Hyades forest (HS AQ-Y D-81).

Beautiful! Rep!

Dragon? <- ignore this

Last edited:
Beautiful! Congrats again :cool:

Best looking (environment) so far except one in Hyades which also has green mist. Too bad this one isnt big also but hey :D Gonna continue combing this system because this is first time 2 big ones are in the same system. There is still 2 planets to check out and luckily they are all small.

New barnacle system with Megabarnacle Garden! Pleiades Sector LY-Q b5-2!

Thank you very much also from me. As a pew-pew I come to this thread for farming purposes but thought I'd visit your megabarnacle to see how it stacked up.

Upon scanning it, a giant scary thing appeared and my SRV stopped working ... first time this had ever happened to me, so interesting.

Once the monster had gone, said farming was disappointing, with most spines unselectable, possible because the giant scary thing had sucked out all the mats.

So, I jumped back in the Orca and headed up the valley to the conventional single barnie at -4.3921, 128.2576.

If it gives anything back, for any fellow xeno-agriculture enthusiasts, this spot is simply the best farming barnie I've ever visited. It's ripe now (Weds 7 March 2018) and undefended. Although some purists might say that the low-G is less than ideal, they would be wrong ... because the area is so incredibly wide and flat that shooting all spines in one go, then hoovering all mats in one go, is simplicity itself. It really is very relaxing farm-time and will be most helpful for my rail gun synthesis.

Mats can be seen here:

https://eddb.io/body/16878880

Also, as others have said, the location is stunning.

Hope this is of use and not inappropriate to this thread. Apologies if otherwise, because when I'm not rail-gunning enemies of the Federation, I have literally no idea what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Thank you very much also from me. As a pew-pew I come to this thread for farming purposes but thought I'd visit your megabarnacle to see how it stacked up.

Upon scanning it, a giant scary thing appeared and my SRV stopped working ... first time this had ever happened to me, so interesting.

Once the monster had gone, said farming was disappointing, with most spines unselectable, possible because the giant scary thing had sucked out all the mats.

So, I jumped back in the Orca and headed up the valley to the conventional single barnie at -4.3921, 128.2576.

If it gives anything back, for any fellow xeno-agriculture enthusiasts, this spot is simply the best farming barnie I've ever visited. It's ripe now (Weds 7 March 2018) and undefended. Although some purists might say that the low-G is less than ideal, they would be wrong ... because the area is so incredibly wide and flat that shooting all spines in one go, then hoovering all mats in one go, is simplicity itself. It really is very relaxing farm-time and will be most helpful for my rail gun synthesis.

Mats can be seen here:

https://eddb.io/body/16878880

Also, as others have said, the location is stunning.

Hope this is of use and not inappropriate to this thread. Apologies if otherwise, because when I'm not rail-gunning enemies of the Federation, I have literally no idea what I'm doing.

Megabarnacle has usually same number of targetables are smaller ones do. So just relog and try again or go to the second one in the system. It is much closer together than #1.

The one you are farming is 4 MA one. quite good for mats. Anyway, do what feels better for you as there is no mat difference in small vs mega.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I thought with the new sensors we could easily find barnacles on our own now, how come you guys find so many so easily?

New sensors? If you mean "Guardian Structure" and "Ancient Ruins", those are markers on your NavPanel. Barnacles do not have markers until you scan them. Sensors didnt improve any. Might in Q4 update.

For barnacles it is still eyeballing. But there is strict criteria what planets can have them so it is quite easy to identify them, then dive into canyons and you can find them. just need time so it isnt that easy but current spreadsheet contains about 600 barnacle locations.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm up for much of this.

I've found that if I tilt my nose down, and use upthrust to move forward, that I can cruise along the canyons poking into shadows.

Spent some time doing that.

I'm currently working: California Sector BA-A E6 Planet 4 (Mic Turner Base).
It feels like (from the list) that there should be many more here. But I haven't turned up any yet.

Does someone have the criteria?
Star Types: M
Body orbit:
Type: Rocky with Metal; High Metal Content.
Temp Min: 274k
Temp Max: 459k
Radius Min: 550km
Radius Max: 1500km
G Min:
G Max: In most cases very low. Under 0.10
Observations: Does not generate a POI. Usually located in Canyons.

If PanPiper is still around can he please update first post? (EG we're in Cycle C now)

5fjkE05.jpg

The outlier temperature above is 379 k.
It's not so much that there are lots of barnacle planets at that temperature. Just there have been many Barnacles discovered on a couple of planets. Also there are some holes in the spreadsheet. There was one body listed as being 193 k. But on investigation it turned out to be 273 k

I don't think you can say that every region has been searched equally.
So a planet with a committed CMDR with talent, experience and good fortune is going to poll higher.
On the planet with Mic Turner Base in the California Nebula there are only six discovered Barnacles. But some of them are quite close to each other.
Which makes me think that another search of the same ravines with fresh eyes will turn up something else.

It feels like the California Nebula is being held in reserve for some untriggered part of the story.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm up for much of this.

I've found that if I tilt my nose down, and use upthrust to move forward, that I can cruise along the canyons poking into shadows.

Spent some time doing that.

I'm currently working: California Sector BA-A E6 Planet 4 (Mic Turner Base).
It feels like (from the list) that there should be many more here. But I haven't turned up any yet.

Does someone have the criteria?
Star Types: M
Body orbit:
Type: Rocky with Metal; High Metal Content.
Temp Min: 274k
Temp Max: 459k
Radius Min:
Radius Max:
G Min:
G Max:

If PanPiper is still around can he please update first post? (EG we're in Cycle C now)

https://i.imgur.com/5fjkE05.jpg

The outlier temperature above is 379 k.
It's not so much that there are lots of barnacle planets at that temperature. Just there have been many Barnacles discovered on a couple of planets. Also there are some holes in the spreadsheet. There was one body listed as being 193 k. But on investigation it turned out to be 273 k

I don't think you can say that every region has been searched equally.
So a planet with a committed CMDR with talent, experience and good fortune is going to poll higher.
On the planet with Mic Turner Base in the California Nebula there are only six discovered Barnacles. But some of them are quite close to each other.
Which makes me think that another search of the same ravines with fresh eyes will turn up something else.

It feels like the California Nebula is being held in reserve for some untriggered part of the story.

Current criteria for "allripe" barnacles (Pleiades Sector since 2.4 or a bit earlier):

Star Types: Usually M
Type: High Metal Content.
Temp Min: 270k
Temp Max: 399k (Hyades Sector AQ-Y D81 is 459k but it is the only one. We believe it to be "anomaly" or handplaced)
Radius Min: 500
Radius Max: 2500 (this is Max, but usually it is around 550km -> 1500km)
Gravity: In most cases very low. Under 0.10
Observations: Usually no Volcanism

California and Witch Head barnacles are all old "cyclics" with 2 week regen period while Pleiades ones (90% of them except few systems very near Merope) are new "allripes with "relog period". Insta regen.

We have yet to find "allripes" in the California or Witch Head. As for story there might be something there... If you look at the Thargoid logs from new Guardian mission, there are entries about Barnacle Seeding and how Thargoids seed the planets BEFORE occupation and war. Suggest you read it.

So it is possible CS and WH barnacles are from Guardian vs Thargoid war while Pleiades ones are newly seeded for attack preparation on us.

Again back to differences and the sheet, there might be issues just because CS and WH are different than Pleiades ones. They still have MA but less and the regen period. Sometimes in Pleiades you get double barnacle with 5 MA... not to mention the megabarnacles. They dont have much MA but just the size and also are insta regen.

There is for sure some good story for California and Witch Head nebula barnacles. I believe it to be related to Guardians somehow just based of the logs. Tho it might be something else entirely. And I agree some more searching in those areas is needed. When 3.0 settles a bit I think more ppl will check it out.

Last edited:
CMDR PanPiper suggested that if you see MA demand at a station with a Black Market, that someone has been selling UAs (Thargoid sensors) there.
I'm seeing some demand at Mic Turner Base ~280. Might need to keep an eye on that.

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that Barnacles on the A-B-C cycle do not attract Thargoids. Only the always Ripe barnacles attract Thargoids.

My understanding is also that in the Pleiades barnacles that were on the A-B-C cycle switched over to always-ripe with one of the patches. So I believe that Witch Head and California Nebula will also go active at some point in the story.

Ammonia life.
The California Nebula settlements exist in systems with ammonia life.
Must check this aspect. Do barnacles exist is systems without Ammonia Llfe?

Last edited:
CMDR PanPiper suggested that if you see MA demand at a station with a Black Market, that someone has been selling UAs (Thargoid sensors) there.
I'm seeing some demand at Mic Turner Base ~280. Might need to keep an eye on that.

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that Barnacles on the A-B-C cycle do not attract Thargoids. Only the always Ripe barnacles attract Thargoids.

My understanding is also that in the Pleiades barnacles that were on the A-B-C cycle switched over to always-ripe with one of the patches. So I believe that Witch Head and California Nebula will also go active at some point in the story.

Ammonia life.
The California Nebula settlements exist in systems with ammonia life.
Must check this aspect. Do barnacles exist is systems without Ammonia Llfe?

MA demand in a station , there is a link to UA bombing but also i found there were several other stations also with MA demand and no bombing at all.
High tech stations mostly and several stations in Pleiades and California area also have MA demand.
I presume its for a purpose they require it other than what we know. Perhaps storing it to counter any UA bombing or thargoid effects yet to come?

So far thargoids only visited the Allripes. Old cyclic ones dont get visited so far.

The old cyclic ones in Pleiades are still old cyclic ones. Only 6 systems in pleiades are cyclic. ( HIP 17225 , Merope , Pleione , PS IH-V c2-16 , PS RO-Q b5-0 , PS JC-U b3-2 )

Barnacles can exist without ammonia in system.

California nebula is a curious one, along with all the bases. Many having ammonia worlds , and moons that would be viable for thargoid structures too. Familiar patterns to the Pleiades but no activity so far.

Those areas were seeded long ago by the Thargoids , so it would be probable they will return at some point.
Besides waiting for thargoid activity to start appearing in signal sources i may look around for new barnacle systems around those nebula.
With the Pleiades the old systems remained cyclic, but many more Allripe barnacle systems appeared 8 months ago with 2.3.

California nebula certainly has some storyline in development, and with the barnacles it can only be a matter of time i would think before Thargoids visit.

Last edited:
Barnacle searching by colours too hasnt been too successful either.
Although many barnacles have a green patched area nearby, i have searched many viable criteria planets without luck.
There are quite a few colour and texture variations while exploring different areas but i'm thinking these are probably tied to the canyons and materials in general , more likely will help with volcanism searches i hope.

( some nice blue and green misty canyons but the nice glowing golden icy canyon on a rocky world was quite spectacular )
Maybe its sulphur,, and the green areas elsewhere could be copper ores ?
jAYhcCPl.png
MkcRm7El.png

The fact the barnacles are in some of these areas is probably for the materials . Barnacles can like green canyons , but green canyons doesnt mean barnacles it would seem.

The search for new systems or new barnacles has been slow the last week.

Just want to say thanks for the great work/info in this thread. Using the info its made getting raw engineer mats less painful and the MA's give a nice profit.

The fact all i have to do it just check weather A,B or C is ripe then check which is which in my bookmarks makes it so much smoother than having to fly around checking each one before i know which is ripe.

Have a virtual lavian brandy on me,cheers:D

Just want to say thanks for the great work/info in this thread. Using the info its made getting raw engineer mats less painful and the MA's give a nice profit.

The fact all i have to do it just check weather A,B or C is ripe then check which is which in my bookmarks makes it so much smoother than having to fly around checking each one before i know which is ripe.

Have a virtual lavian brandy on me,cheers:D

Searching for barnacles is fun even if exhausting at times. Still it's nice to know you and others appreciate what we're doing.

My attempts at battling Thargoids were .. less successful :D

It seems I'm better at gathering thargoid intelligence :D, read: I found a new barnacle system

Pleiades Sector HM-M b7-1 A 6
lat -18.2355 long -47.2050
[IMGUR]FkKQa[/IMGUR]

So it's still possible to find new barnacle systems with the new planetary colors. But it's also much harder. I'm having a hard time even spotting suitable canyons. Look at the screenshots and I'm sure you'll agree. Now, I don't want the beige planets back, but the canyons were easy to see simplifying barnacle hunting.

Top Bottom