Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

Excellent work Mazelinho. I look forward to taking a look around after work. Nice green tinge around that barnacle site it seems...

Also i best update what else has happened in the last week or so since i have been quiet lately in this thread.

Just as you say the new colours have made locating new ones rather difficult but not impossible. Took me ages to get back into tune finding barnacles but still few results.
I found that the same locations are where to look but finding them is much harder, i have been flying very low in SC just above drop zones slowly looking for the ground contours and looking for those canyons hidden among the colour.

Since i have been farming all the element materials from the barnacles for engineering and synthesis requirements i gathered a lot of stock while also looking for new ones.
PS LN-S b4-3 had a couple of planets with very few barnys and managed to locate a new one on B4. 5 MA double which is good for Selenium farming.

More interesting is the Eagle eye locations from thursday. One had been pointing to a new unknown system and the pointy thing on the link aimed at a planet, viable for barnacles.
Cmdr Violet Lightwave located a new barnacle confirming the system and others confirmed the link points to that barnacle.
Pleiades Sector XU-P b5-1 A3 ( quite low below the Pleiades, odd its far from other known sites , less explored i guess )

Later on i explored there and found another on A3 , 2 confirmed , no luck finding more. Since the link points to that planet, and other Eagle eye locations that were barnacle targets were forests.
I suspect there will be a forest on that A3 , or the other two viable. A4 and A5 are also viable for temp, but didnt have any luck on those either yet.
If the Forest Finder Cmdr Robbie is nearby, i bet he could find one ;)

Looking at EDSM for PS HM-M b7-1 there are also other viables in you're new system too. A7 and A8 have good temperatures too

Last edited:
Another new system located by the Eagle eye pointing,
Cmdr Robbie located a barnacle at Pleiades Sector HM-M b7-1 A 3 -18.2355 / -47.2050

Looking at the system A4 and A5 are also viable for barnacles but no other barnacles were located elsewhere yet. Planets are medium sized and the colors make it difficult as usual.

A3 , not tidally locked. Seems odd but there are a few which are not TL , at least the barnacle on the dark side of the planet will be lit up sometime.

( i notice its not been added to the metasheet yet, i will look into that tomorrow and get the info updated there. )

Another new system located by the Eagle eye pointing,
Cmdr Robbie located a barnacle at Pleiades Sector HM-M b7-1 A 3 -18.2355 / -47.2050

Looking at the system A4 and A5 are also viable for barnacles but no other barnacles were located elsewhere yet. Planets are medium sized and the colors make it difficult as usual.

A3 , not tidally locked. Seems odd but there are a few which are not TL , at least the barnacle on the dark side of the planet will be lit up sometime.

( i notice its not been added to the metasheet yet, i will look into that tomorrow and get the info updated there. )

Hmm, It was not at Pleiades Sector HM-M b7-1. We located barnacles at HIP 14405 from Eagle Eye.

HIP 14405 - Planet B 4 @
b1: -0.18, -106.35
b2: 10.66, -99.09
b3: 10.63, -70.56

Last edited:
Megabarnacle in Pleiades Sector SPN-B7-0. I dubbed it "Barnacle Garden" since it is clearly not a "Forest" :)

Pleiades Sector SP-N B7-0 - Planet B2
Latitude: 35.96
Longitude: -104.40

Thanks to PanPiper for locating the system!

Album:

https://imgur.com/a/ytWmY

Medusa comes...

https://youtu.be/cFjAU_bRPJk

Basilisk follows...

https://youtu.be/-F1T8QbeRJg

Cyclops is last...

https://youtu.be/OBeg5T9p1Sk

Refueling\Rearming\Re? station for bubble advance?

So despite Thargoid's efforts to hide their barnacles, human still farm their meta alloys. I found 3 only in this garden.

Ah yes, I copy pasted from metasheet the last system, darn.
I forgot it's not added yet, my mistake.
Hip system, that was it.
I'll be back there after Sunday night to survey the system further.

3barnies now?, very nice

Correction: I was getting 4 meta alloys per mode switch - always 2 in middle where it's dense. The other 2 varies with one always on the side.

Lately Barnacle finds seem to have come to a stop. This is not for want of trying although i have lessened my searches lately due to the difficulty in finding barnacles even on known barnacle planets where i would have expected to find more.

This is partly due to the new planet colours making it rather harder to spot possible locations. New ones have been found but very few.

Its possible we have found the majority of them around the Pleiades for now i guess.
The Eagle eye transmissions have been some use giving us a couple of new systems but even so , finding more on those locations has been near impossible.

I wonder if these are new planted barnacles by the Thargoids..and the rest havn't grown yet? Also some the planets have been larger than the regular potatoes so that is another factor.

The search goes on but slowly. We wait for new info or lore regarding the barnacles i think but in the meantime i have been investigating other organics.
Searching for the Tubeworms and understanding more of the Pumpkins.

Tubeworms search continues but i feel we maybe getting closer to understanding their criteria.
Pumpkins have been found in several locations now. Still little is understood regarding them but their criteria for possible locations has yielded results.

Back in 2.2 changes to POI/USS - Main star and required star type requirements were added for something. Never knew what back then and always was a puzzle,but the Pumpkins do fit with that now.
Seems they must have B main star, Y star with moon of moon and volcanism. That is the common factor between all the found locations now, but where they can be on those moons is vague. Small crater pockmarked areas in low rolling hills seems the only common thing.

The weeks tick by and i wait for new barnacles in the meantime. These Thargoids progress very slowly revealing little, its frustrating.
I still hope to see one of the barnacles 'develop' perhaps... maybe grow into a Thargoid scout. ;)

You left a motion sensor triggered camera by a barnacle? ;)

Sounds like very hard work now to find new barnacles, I take it you've already tried the old tricks of turning up gamma & turning down detail?

Tubeworms? Never heard of it before, looks like I need to check the Canonn website at some time.

Those new planet colors make searching for barnacles more difficult, although my recent finds were on planets where the canyons were somewhat easier to spot. I cannot provide hard data, but maybe Frontier tweaked something in the game to make them more visible.

Yet the biggest obstacle for me for continuing searching is a growing weariness. Like any book or game no matter how good it is eventually wears off.

That notwithstanding I found a new barnacle. The system is already known to have barnacles, but it is the first one known on this planet. My goal was to farm some antimon and to search for a barnacle and I was lucky enough to find one [big grin].

Pleiades Sector HM-V c2-10 A 7
lat -24.4242 long 26.9047
[IMGUR]gcr2oD5[/IMGUR]

Congrats :cool:

Btw, don't burn out an activity by continually doing it, switch to something else you like doing before you're fed up of barni hunting, then at a later point you can back to it & still enjoy it :).

I am in the Barnacle Forest right now, 6/5/18, and there are strange Thargoid Gardeners moving from spike to flower to flower. There are six of the Gardeners and they concentrate on one section, and then appear to move on to the next section. While in a section, they move from object to object, where they spend from 2 to 10 seconds with their front mouth's on the object. I am sitting in a small clearing close to the middle of the Forest and no Gardeners have approached me yet. I will include a video in my next report.

They are Scavengers but behave differently to the ones at Thargoid structures.

The ones at the barnacle forest do have a routine , it does seem they are gardening the site . Nurturing their crop?
They seem to go from one of the barnacles and then back to the smaller spikes along the outer arms. It seems like they are spreading the green stuff around the barnacles to the smaller new shoots.

Not long to go till the next game update. Less than a month.
I hope there is some new development with the barnacle sites, will be checking many of the barnys for any changes once the update comes.

On the spreadsheet listed in the OP (Thanks for that!) sometimes the barnacle's cycle is listed with an asterisk (e.g. ABC*) and sometimes the finding type has an asterisk (e.g. Barnacle*).

What does the * mean in each case?

On the spreadsheet listed in the OP (Thanks for that!) sometimes the barnacle's cycle is listed with an asterisk (e.g. ABC*) and sometimes the finding type has an asterisk (e.g. Barnacle*).

What does the * mean in each case?

ABC* in the cycle column denote non-cyclic barnacles. For practical purposes it means you can go there anytime for harvesting meta-alloys. Cyclic barnacles OTOH only have spikes with meta-alloys when they're in their ripe phase.

As for the finding type I can only guess CMDR Panpiper et al found something noteworthy which turned out to be nothing.

Hope this helps.

Edit: A '*' in the finding type could mean someone witnessed a Thargoid visit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom