Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

New patch in 2 days time.
Might bring some changes to the barnacles and will be checking on the barnacles again then.

On the search for more barnacles, i shall be searching a new area in 2 weeks time. Cone nebula trip onboard the Gnosis will take us beyond the permit wall around the Cone area.
During our month trip out there i shall be searching the area for possible Thargoid activity as well as looking for traces of the guardians.

I've already made a list of up to 70 potential systems with binary or more stars of the right type which may yield the best chances for the right type of system.
from that 70 i estimate around 15-20 will have the right types of planets which i shall be eyeballing over the coming month.

No Barnacle Brush AspX this time, taking my Krait i've repurposed for planet searching much like the Asp, but with Guns and other modules , just in case.

Hope to have some new Barnacle news here in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
its behind Barnard's Loop but also higher above too. its a small nebula , doesnt stand out from afar. Search Cone in galmap and quickly takes you to the area.
I'll probably hop aboard the Gnosis around the 4th sept , tuesday or wednesday , a day before the jump.

Parked my Krait in the Hind nebula, seemed the closest shipyard for the journey there. California nebula has shipyard , planet based but its lower in the galactic plane , not so good due to the permit locked col 70 around barnards.
Orion nebula asteroid base in Barnards also has shipyard but the permit locked area makes it difficult to get to the Gnosis again.

My route flies upward and over Barnards loop and the permit col 70 areas, then out towards the system in a straight line. OUTOTZ one.
I estimate around 1200-1400 lyrs or so from Pleiades, not in game so cant check.
Flight plan of Gnosis helps i guess. looks around 1400 lyrs or so from Merope.
unknown.png

If you die in the Cone, respawn is at the Gnosis.
If you get a bounty on you from the Gnosis however, you get sent to the nearest Prison ship, which apparently is in the California nebula.
Someone did test that escape method for exiting the Cone nebula early without getting killed also. Loitering on a pad till a bounty, then paying that off and got sent to the prison ship.
Useful in case need to leave the Cone for any reason before the 4 weeks ends.

After that i believe Gnosis is heading to the Rift area, further away , but should be able to return once outside the permit area around the cone.

Last edited:
The search goes on but slowly. but in the meantime I have been investigating other organics.
Searching for the Tubeworms and understanding more of the Pumpkins.

Tubeworms search continues but i feel we maybe getting closer to understanding their criteria.
Pumpkins have been found in several locations now. Still little is understood regarding them but their criteria for possible locations has yielded results.

I've seen this mentioned on twitter as well.
But there is nothing on the Canonn site and nothing here with details.

Where have the pumpkins been found?

Where have the pumpkins been found?

I've not followed on any other finds since the first 4 or so sites. May of been others found since but as far as i know , the first couple were found in Guardian areas.

Cmdr Baton is the expert on the Pumpkins and found many of the new sites.
The first two of those , i visited, also Braintree's were present on the same planets. Not sure if all of them will have them, but could be significant and guardian related if they do.
1 exception is the first ever Pumpkin site near California Nebula next to Mahon research base. No BT's there, checked everywhere myself.
1st site hand placed for later story reason perhaps? No BT's west of the 'last outpost' guardian site, ( first guardian ruins found ) , maybe where the guardians first met thargoids? just speculating.

A link to his thread, has all the locations there i think.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/424590-Space-pumpkins-story-so-far-and-a-new-discovery

Last edited:
There is a list on the Canonn master spreadsheet. It has 27 Pumpkin sites across about 15 systems.
I’ll cross correlate with the Brain Trees worksheet, and share the link here. Mad Raptor’s site is broken on the organics page.

The pumpkin systems are pretty widely spread out.
Not sure if I will get to visit them.

1) Kinda tied up with the war in The Old Worlds.
2) I tried to visit all the California Nebula Barnacles but ended up getting killed running some criminal tourists back into Darwin Research Laboratory. Lost days of Barnie sites. Left the Nebula with my tail between my legs. Had do find an Interstellar Factor in the Pleiades. What a debacle.

Last edited:
Good evening all. At times things go quiet as the last several months, but then things awaken.

Cone Sector : Operation Walljump.
Optemistic outlook, many possibilities, but we should push into where we shouldnt be.

Pumpkins and BT's do seem tied together... with the few sites we know, so far no BT's or Pumpies seen since guardian areas.

Cone nebula started as a exotic exploration into a curious area, but lately no doubt you have followed the news things have 'developed'

Red Wing of Canonn , which i am leading with 2 others, Extreme hazadous science , that kinda rounds our group up better, besides the Lab 69 and CPS services....

3 days time we venture into enemy areas locked without backup , only ourselves to rely upon as well as the Gnosis.

Many groups are joining us upon this journey, and this is a story you may be upon or will be watching for news of, or dont care about..

So many outcomes and what could be bigger than the guardian SLF update itself.

What is in the Cone,
Why dont AEGIS want us to go,
Pilots Federation have locked that area beyond its already locked area.
We are still going regardless..

One thing for sure,, for a month we are cut off, no help besides ourselves. but we are prepared far greater than may be known.

We shall see come thursday. Adventures or combat upon our awakening after the BGS update.

Back to barnacles. If there are lots of Thargoids there,, there will be danger,, but also there must be barnacles,,
I feel there cant be one without the other, and limited systems , my list holds potential for new finds elsewhere.

If you are venturing upon the Gnosis to almost certain ,,, hazzards,, wont say death as we are well prepared, but hazzards ,, yes,, i dont expect this trip to be without danger... but i am Red Wing Canonn , Danger draws us.

If theres Thargoids there must be Barnacles..

No new barnacles found recently with few or just one from EE, nothing new in Pleiades.
California nebula and Witch Head with noting for changes, it might be the time these old places wake up much like the Pleiades did in 2.4

Allripes , only in Pleiades, may see them soon elsewhere.. Awakening Thargies.

Cone is a pristine area , we assume, and the next coming month will be live from the Cone as our adventures delve into the small area probably under attack...

Its a good number of us going, and each day i hear of more groups heading to support the overall mission..

for those traveling to the area for barnacle research,, let me know.. Would be nice to have experienced hands to ,, hand. and backup if required to call..
we'll have folk to keep us safe, within reason... ;)

Fair well, and hope to see some familiar names out there..

No Idea on what will happen thursday after reset.
50/50 war at Gnosis vs thargoids, or all calm.. anybodys guess , if we do jump there and arrive there.

No Cone nebula this week, and also looking at FD replies, we probably wont ever go there, story reasons, lore reasons, but no lore or story that i know of.

Gnosis jumped 12 lyrs after being hyperdicted. Ammonia world where Gnosis orbits.

Interceptor Hydras in nhss8's and 9 with 4 scouts.

Battles around the Gnosis buggy, quite a few dead, or deported to California prison due to fines etc or shutdown wave and killed by scouts.

Seems they moved the interceptors away from Gnosis, and just scouts spawn now away from the Gnosis.
Earlier they were closer and killing people before they could take off.
Things may change as bugs are fixed and the salt is being thrown left right and centre...

Two landables in system planet 1, big , mid 400k temps
Other is a moon, 2 A, where i wouldnt expect a barnacle, but seems a forest was found by the green/yellow fog around the site.
looks like 21 formation of a barnacle forest.
HighResScreenShot_2018-09-06_08-26-40.jpg

Screenshot_0090.jpg

Interceptors have been sighted visiting the site, cyclops and basilisk from two videos i saw.

I've looked around nearby canyons around the site as well as other canyons <1000 km from the forest. Nothing so far.
I will see if any other visible yellow fog elsewhere perhaps, or could be just a single forest on the moon.

Nearby source of MA is all i can gather , for testing vs the Hydra.
Seemed i may of calmed hostile Hydra around the Gnosis, looked like they left after taking the 5MA i dropped

I have not been able to repeat the test at closer range to be certain they were hostile and took MA before leaving the Gnosis instance.
Seems FD may of removed the hydra from the Gnosis instance, and just left scouts there.
NHSS threat 8 , they are non hostile unless you carry guardian stuff etc and get scanned.
NHSS 9 they have 4 scouts but nothing seems to jump in yet, may go kill the 4 scouts with AX MC to see if anything happens.

Fed one some MA in a threat 8 and it was happy , called a friend then left.
Good footage of the new Hydra
[video=youtube;eCG7wlgYLJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCG7wlgYLJ8[/video]

More was found later, just giving a roundup of what happened since. Off for the night and weekend of work this weekend. Will continue to explore the local region maybe 50 lyrs around gnosis, few systems there but 1 viable place to look i parked at.

2nd forest was located by one of the other EE targets on the same moon.
https://i.imgur.com/2COYLOu.jpg
Coords in image , both also added to the metasheet.

Gratz to Cmdr Clarion-Z for the 1st one found there.
Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A 76.2336 / -78.3555 24 formation barnacle forest. Fog at site.

and later on the 2nd one , also by one of the other EE targets.
found by Cmdr Captain-MD
Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A 55.3007 / -85.6364 35 formation barnacle forest, fog at site, Scavengers also at site.

Same setup as the first barnacle forest in Hyades , also where the Gnosis was in the past. Seems Gnosis has passed by at least 3 known forests now. Coincidence? Tinfoil. hehe.

A Thargoid structure was also located by a 3rd EE target on the same moon, another odd thing was it would be too warm for known criteria for a regular TS location , like ones in Pleiades.
Not sure on coords as not visited there yet.

Additional,, may as well let you take a look round as i wont have much time over next 2 days.
that possible location for barnys, Tauri main star, A and B star planets too cold , but one red star wasnt. only C1 was viable, nice potato sized thing at the right temp.. will take a look around on the off chance there will be something there.
d0GqLGL.jpg

EDSM helped, 480,000 ls to the C star planets, but confirmed the right temp , nice size , and volcanism too. sure to find something at least.

Few there and parked above the planet. Some good looking canyons, and patches with different colour canyons. investigate this weekend. o7
EDSM data on system.https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/28187527/name/Outotz+BC-H+b38-0

Outotz BC-H b38-0 C 1 / High metal content world (Landable)

2.png

Distance to arrival:
480,281 ls

Estimated value:
26,459 cr

Earth masses:

Radius:
659 km

Gravity:
0.09 G

Volcanism:
Minor Rocky Magma

Atmosphere:
No atmosphere

Terraforming state:
Not terraformable

Surface temperature:
323 K

Last edited:
A Thargoid structure was also located by a 3rd EE target on the same moon, another odd thing was it would be too warm for known criteria for a regular TS location , like ones in Pleiades.
Not sure on coords as not visited there yet.

The Thargoid structure on Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A is at coordinates 54.03 / -126.01. I paid it a visit, it is "inactive" with the collapsed tunnels.

Had my shields and a quarter of my hull shot off by Scouts when I returned to the Gnosis. A very tense few moments.

The Thargoid structure on Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A is at coordinates 54.03 / -126.01. I paid it a visit, it is "inactive" with the collapsed tunnels.

Had my shields and a quarter of my hull shot off by Scouts when I returned to the Gnosis. A very tense few moments.

Several CMDRs reported they were driving inside.
Parked there, no time to check, need TA.
Interesting new stuff and data there.
Barnacles spikes, ripe eggs? outside, particles around uplink...

A new TS outside of the Pleiades?? Well that's a change!

I see from ED route plotter that Outotz ST-I d9-6 is nearly 1400 LYs from Merope, so quite a distance.
Pan piper
I see what you mean by temp, 2A is 372k, that's 126k over the previous max!! :eek:, that's a whopping leap in temperature! Very odd...... The other criteria's seem to hold, bar the distance from Merope of course.
Time to update my thread :).

Went to the Pleiades Barnacle forests to compare with the two newer Outotz barnacle forests.

Seems we have 3 sizes of forest so far. 35, 22 and 9. So far two each of 35 and 22, and 3 of the 9 setup. Larger two varieties appear the same setup, but the 9's differ.

First thought Forest4 was due to the tight canyon, but also Forest 3 in a similar tight canyon but laid out differently.
Forest 5 having a round setup in 9 formation. Most curious these differences.

Forest1.jpg
Forest2.jpg
Forest3.jpg
Forest4.jpg
Forest5.jpg
Forest6.jpg

Didnt get a image from the other Outotz site with 35. Next time i'm out there... Did compare it to the first forest while there however, matched perfectly.
That site has fog as well as Scavengers and 35 barny formation.

Went to the Pleiades Barnacle forests to compare with the two newer Outotz barnacle forests.

Seems we have 3 sizes of forest so far. 35, 22 and 9. So far two each of 35 and 22, and 3 of the 9 setup. Larger two varieties appear the same setup, but the 9's differ.

First thought Forest4 was due to the tight canyon, but also Forest 3 in a similar tight canyon but laid out differently.
Forest 5 having a round setup in 9 formation. Most curious these differences.

Didnt get a image from the other Outotz site with 35. Next time i'm out there... Did compare it to the first forest while there however, matched perfectly. That site has fog as well as Scavengers and 35 barny formation.

Paint-art, difficult surface coloring.

Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A 76.2336 / -78.3555 24 formation barnacle forest. Fog at site.
K1hZkUk.jpg

Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 A 55.3007 / -85.6364 35 formation barnacle forest, fog at site, Scavengers also at site.
MaPTJ9a.jpg

Last edited:
5x8+1=41 (6 not to see?)
3x8+1=25 ( 3 not to see?)
1x8+1=9 (0 not to see) long one could be Dragon - dont ask, yet

TS has 3 rings.
TS with spikes has 4 rings (or 5? I recall some on the hills).
Question is what is 5th ring (could be 4 inner ring + 4 outer ring).
O7

Last edited:
Top Bottom