Meta-Suggestions list 1.10 Edition (7th edition)

Something that I have been thinking of, now that we got the Hot Water Tap enrichment - the animation that capybaras use for it is pretty great, because they stay there for quite some time, so its not your typical play the animation then leave like the rest of the enrichment items. I was thinking how cool it would be to update the Hammock enrichment item, so the Sun Bears and Clouded Leopards stay there for longer. Maybe they could even sleep there, that would be very cool.

Something that I have been thinking of, now that we got the Hot Water Tap enrichment - the animation that capybaras use for it is pretty great, because they stay there for quite some time, so its not your typical play the animation then leave like the rest of the enrichment items. I was thinking how cool it would be to update the Hammock enrichment item, so the Sun Bears and Clouded Leopards stay there for longer. Maybe they could even sleep there, that would be very cool.
Good idea… I’d also nominate the koala feeder as a place to sleep and as a water source. Koalas should stay there pretty much 90% of the time.

First of all, thank you very much @Bearcat9948 for all your hard work on this wonderful list ! I have one suggestion to add and it's probably one of my biggest wishes right now: adding the texture of the elevated natural path as a normal path.

Also, I recently built a Chinese pangolin habitat for the first time and did a bit of research about these guys. It seems they are actually a more terrestrial species of pangolin, not an arboreal one. They should spend most of their time on the ground as they are right now.
I did research on these guys as well, apparently they are in between ground and tree pangolins who both burrow and climb. Best of both worlds in a way. Not entirely terrestrial like ground pangolins and not entirely arboreal like tree pangolins. So they should have both burrows and climbing animations with a small requirement for climbing.

A minor Change I would really like to see done to the game is in the compare mates tab for the animals. I wish there was either a filter or that the animals were label which habit they were in or if they are in the trade center. It could easily, I think, replace the species name under the animal's name with which habitat they are in.

I know you are done with this version of the list, but here's something I've noticed that could potentially be added to the next one.

Status on the overview tab sometimes does not match the timeline on the studbook tab:

1653134302098.png
1653134343346.png

Just a heads up, I'll be working on the list a bit today and then that's it until the next update. I leave for a month long trip around Greece tmw morning so I won't have time to work on this!
Helloooooooo everyone!

I have returned from my near-month trip around Greece. It was absolutely amazing! I'm glad you guys kept the thread going while I was gone. Super excited to catch up on everything I've missed from the community and looking forward to our next update, which will hopefully come in June, right?

I'd love to see a plant brush like in JWE2, only have it be a bit more complicated. Maybe you could individually select the plants you want the brush to use. It would be a great idea if you want to make a nice looking habitat quickly or if you want to fill in the empty spaces in your zoos.

I recently started a thread with some ideas I have dwelled on for some time one: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...urrent-state-of-the-game.603808/#post-9854943
As it is quite a lenghty one, I'll try to briefly summarize the suggestions I deem suitable for the meta-wishlist (Though I would appreciate it if you could check this thread out ;)).

1. Allow us to place memorials for animals released to the wild similarily to the memorials for deceased animals. This would reinforce the relationship you build with juvenile animals instead of seeing them as a future CC reward. These memorials could also give guests a small education bonus.
2. On hard difficulty, enrichment items should replenish their entertainment values for animals over time when they are not placed in their enclosure.
This would provide an interesting managment aspect by changing out their enrichment regularly, and be far more interesting than just spamming the enclosure with toys in the late game, once all their entertainment values have decreased to their respective minimum.
3. New features for education
3.1. Interactive info-boards, e.g. with quizzes for the guests, some fur-samples to touch, puzzles about topics related to the animals ... . For these, you could have a few models, maybe with some flexicolour elements, and then select a species the info-board tells about. Maybe reading them would increase the education bonus for the guests a little more, but they can only be interacted with by one group of guests at a time. Just a new feature to spice eduaction up a little more.
3.2. Customizable exhibition boxes. Again, a few models in different shapes, but they should be mostly decorated by the player. Guests receive a small education bonus when interacting with them, the likelihood for the interaction could depend on the scenery rating.
3.3. More topics for education boards - as of now, they are quite an underused feature.
3.4. Educational cinemas implemented in a similar fashions to animal talks. A screen is set up and optionally linked to some seating areas, a topic is selected (species/conservation topics) and a month/interval for the display.

I hope you do not find it obtrusive of me to refer to my own thread in another thread:).

I would like to drop a few suggestions with my own experience with my playthroughs. Apologies if some of these points have already been added/covered. Let me know please and I'll remove them accordingly:

Vehicles:
My major issue with this is with the 4x4. It's made to be like a theme park ride but also a safari style ride, but it fails at both in certain ways.
Solutions to this:
  • Along with the current, tracked ride system, provide an optional, alternate system where a "path" is designated where the vehicle follows the predesignated path and terrain but without the ugly tracks.
  • "Stations" and/or Educators in the ride itself that function like talking point stations where guests can learn about the animals in the enclosure, especially if they're safari style enclosures and people want to make drive-through only enclosures. This is where the interactions with the animals could happen too, much like you see in real life wild safaris.

And speaking of tracks, as mentioned here and many other forums/threads, please make the animals move. Currently they just sleep on the tracks or stand for a very long time. While I am aware that some animals in a wild safari environment, do this and it is actually an integral part of the safari tour, it's just not feasible in a video game. Now, some of the other rides might be a solution but I'd rather have a truck roll through my enclosures rather than a whole monorail system. Some people have used flipped Elephant Grass or something similar to block off the path entirely and have corridors where the animals can cross. This just breaks the flow of the park, takes away from traversable area for the animals and the jeep just becomes a roller coaster ride. Solutions to this:

• Animals move or run, depending on their temperament, when the 4x4s are at a certain distance to them.
  • Animals don't sleep on tracks altogether, or if they stand on tracks, they move in a short time.
  • Adding to the trackless jeep idea, the jeep can drive around the animal if there's space available.

These apply to the boat ride as well. The rides also need to have a faster option (Like through Planet Zoo Plus). Large parks are just not feasible without a good, fast transportation system. The ride can function as these but the 30 something KPH train just isn't fast enough for this.

Animal Behavior:
  • Herd and Pack animals congregate like they would in the wild depending on how many individuals are in the herd. This could work cross species (e.g. Wildebeests and Zebras often can be found in Mega-Herds in the wild.)
  • Babies and Juveniles follow their mother/parent until they're adults.
  • Egg laying and nesting features for relevant species. his could be a designated spot to encourage talking points and lucrative locations for guests.

Foliage and Decorations:
  • Some tall grasses should be traversable (e.g. Reeds, elephant grass) or at least have a reduction in their hitbox. I realize some people use them as barriers. I have no alternative to that but some animals commonly live in and thrive in amongst those grasses.
  • Some plants should not add/remove from foliage requirements (essentially function as decorations more than plant requirements). Some flowers, small grasses and bushes, etc. Especially with carnivores.
  • More "mud" related features. Swamps aren't just a solid ground then transition into just water. There's muddy areas too. It was a shame there was nothing of the sort in the wetlands pack. The mud box enrichment is available but the wooden frame and the fact that these flatten the terrain regardless of if you've turned it off or not, make it really hard to make it seamless.
  • Better rapids effects. Rivers never look entirely like rivers. The water effect for the Rapid Water placement could be improved.
  • Basking lamps for larger reptiles and small mammals (Komodo Dragons, Crocodilians, Fennec Foxes, Meerkats , etc have basking lamps in their enclosures sometimes)
  • Ability to edit the habitat heaters and coolers without having to select them individually (especially if people have opted to bury them)
  • Add the Asia tag to Elephant Grass. They're available there as well.

It's my first time posting here. Hope these help!

Last edited:
Longtime follower of these lists but this is the first time I've felt compelled to actually post something: I'd love to see variants added for the species who have been first documented exhibiting albinism/leucism/etc. since they were added to the game.

The one that inspired this post was the newborn albino Galapagos tortoise in Switzerland: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-albino-galapagos-giant-tortoise/7523120001/

But off hand I also know that an allegedly albino red panda (looking at it I would've figured it's leucistic but what do I know?) was discovered about a year after the game first released: https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-09-...SW-China-nature-reserve-TSDsNdmdGw/index.html

Well, we'll have to wait and see for the full patch notes.

Hopefully some of the smaller things, like the tags and maybe the tapir (probably not) will be fixed? I dunno

Top Bottom