Meta-Suggestions list 1.8 Edition (5th edition)

Signs to show the guests the best areas or view points.
Although not a sign, vistapoints can be used for this. Unless they have a better view that's more easily reachable, guests will prefer that one over other viewing areas.

After watching some more zoo trip videos, I actually have another one to add to the list. When you look at underwater viewing areas, you notice that animals interact with the glass quite often. Moving close by it, bumping against it, using it as a push off point, etc. Would be cool to see more of that behaviour.

After watching some more zoo trip videos, I actually have another one to add to the list. When you look at underwater viewing areas, you notice that animals interact with the glass quite often. Moving close by it, bumping against it, using it as a push off point, etc. Would be cool to see more of that behaviour.
Imma add to this and suggest it where animals interact with barriers in general, other than climbing out or bashing it

Can I suggest here more shop brands to be added to the game? It was mentioned a while back as potentially part of a future update (along with potential food carts), but I’d really like to see the shop options from the Planet Coaster World Fair pack in Planet Zoo. It would give so many more options. A Hotdog Squad doesn’t quite work in my East Asia area.

My ideal would be that we got one new shop per DLC of an appropriate cuisine relating to the biome or continent it focuses on. There’s so many options and this would make the shop offering far more diverse and reflecting all the amazing cultures within the game and DLC. It’s very westernised currently.

New enrichment items idea:
Salt/Mineral lick is a classic hoofstock enrichment item used by both zoo and farm animals. Its kinda strange that it hasnt been implemented yet. I think it would be great addition to the base game!
It is more a nutritional thing than an enrichment.

New enrichment items idea:
Salt/Mineral lick is a classic hoofstock enrichment item used by both zoo and farm animals. Its kinda strange that it hasnt been implemented yet. I think it would be great addition to the base game!
It is more a nutritional thing than an enrichment.
You're both right. While salt blocks which antelopes lick are often found in zoos as an enrichment object, it supplies very much needed nutrients for the animals.

In the gsme there are salt licks, but they are just supplied via regular food (which is elaborated in the zoopedia). I'd personally love to also have a proper salt lick block enrichment.

You're both right. While salt blocks which antelopes lick are often found in zoos as an enrichment object, it supplies very much needed nutrients for the animals.

In the gsme there are salt licks, but they are just supplied via regular food (which is elaborated in the zoopedia). I'd personally love to also have a proper salt lick block enrichment.
I must say that salt blocks are no different than vitamin tabs in meat or fish for carnivore animals. I don't think it provides any relevant mental, physical, social or feed enrichment. It would be interesting to have them, but not as enrichment items. Following the mechanics of the game, animals get bored with their enrichments. I don't think ungulates can get bored of obtaining some essential minerals and salts that in their absence will make them weak and ill.

(Sorry if I use a lot of "I want" in this post, a better phrase I should've used to seem less needy is "I would love" sorry lol)
I could probably think of a lot of things over time but for me the thing I want the most that I constantly think of is smaller objects. Let me explain!
This mostly goes for foliage but it does dive into scenery a bit as well. For smaller objects in foliage I'm talking about small twigs (I know they added a few with the NAAP), more grasses, smaller pebble sized rocks and etc. But the biggest thing I cannot stress enough is Leaf Litter and Woodchips. The mulch in the game is good and I will talk more on that kind of object later but I cannot stress enough how much I want loose gravel and leaf litter. In almost every zoo there are leaves on the ground and this would make building certain enclosures 100% more natural. This goes with gravel as well (which needs to be flexi color so we can have granite and other colors mixed within). Now another thing going back to the mulch piles I want more variety of that kind of object. I know we have those tropical tiles with assorted plants which are cool but I want snow piles in the same shapes as the mulch piles also sand and different colors of mulch (more red and lighter brown). I think even if some of these ideas were added in it would help building more naturally a lot. I also forgot to mention broken trees and trees without roots. Sometimes the roots get annoying when I'm building and they stick out where I don't want them too. But then on the contrary horizontal roots because sometimes roots stick out of the ground on really big trees.
Next point is rocks. I would love to see new rock shapes added into all of the existing rock categories. I think we need really jagged cliffside rock shapes and also round and smooth rock shapes. The rocks in game are nice but I'm starting to notice that the more I use the same ones over and over again it starts too look lazy to me even though I don't have the option to make round or jagged rock formations.
Lastly I can think of a few animals that kind of bother me in game not the point where I don't use them just that they always seem off to me.
- African Lion (Looks just way too cartoony the females look pretty good but the males need work more than any other animal in game)
- Snow Leopard (Something just looks off and when some of the better looking animals in the game imo are Jaguar, Tigers, Clouded Leopard and Cougar it's disappointing to know the snow leopard looks a little less than realistic, this could just be me though)
- Chinese Pangolin (not an appearance change but a this animal needs to climb change. I know people have gone over this even in this discussion but this is something that does need to change before support ends 100%)
- Dhole (This one is a tuffy since Idk if they can actually do this but I think the Dhole needs a winter coat variation)
- Malayan Tapir (I think this is probably the most requested change so ya I will leave it at that)
- Koala (I know Frontier wants to make sure animals move a lot and do things so they aren't so boring but in this case I think the entire community would be accepting if they coded the Koala to sit in a tree and sleep 98% of the time. The only time I want to see it move is when it needs water, food or needs to use the bathroom. This animal actually bothers me the most in game because it just moves way too much and that's not what I want from my Koala).
- Binturong (Same thing as the Koala almost except I do want this one to move my only request is that it climbs more than it does at the moment).
- Nile Monitor (This one is simple it just needs diving animations)

Random Stuff
- Just some random stuff I was thinking of is realistic sprinklers or at least sprinkler effects for gardens and open grass areas.
- Small Objects such as different length wires, thinner metal beams, flexi color individual small bricks (if I think of more I'll add them)
- Color Changing lights (lights that fade into different colors slowly)
- Fire Effects (like the smoke effects I want fire for custom fire pits)
- Gift Shop interior items
- The Aquatic fence pieces (I want individual pieces of everything on the aquatic fence because it is by far the best fence)
- Ambassador Animal Talks
- Food Trucks and Smaller Food Stands
- Thinner Wood Logs for custom fence posts and other things
- One way paths to get better flow in buildings and walk through enclosures
- Utility Polls, Phone Polls, Electric Polls Whatever you want to call them
- Sleeping Branch for arboreal species
- Sleeping boxes for smaller species like meerkat, prairie dog etc
- Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds We have Christmas Items would love more Halloween and Thanksgiving themed items (fall related items sorry I'm American lol)
- Escalators. This one is a bit strange but it could be really cool to have a path that is a escalator that can be elevated or flat
- Thunderstorm Effects. This one is a bit more rare but I have seen it a few times in zoos. Ever been in a reptile house or rainforest house and the room gets darker and thunder and rain noises start playing and lights start flashing to mimic lightning. Ya when you see it you will realize how much you want it in Planet Zoo lol. Pretty much how they could add this is add lights that play sounds for thunderstorms and they flash every now and then to mimic lightning. My next point will go deeper into this
- Mist and Misters. Zoos on hot days usually bring out these misters that can cool off guests and I would also love mist effects for tropical environments. Also rain effects for indoor rainforests. Brookfield zoo in Illinois does this and it's awesome!

New Ground Breaking Features
- Nocturnal animals. I don't think this will happen but I so wish certain animals would sleep more in the day and then be active at night and then if you want to have them active in the day time put them indoors with special lighting to have the animals think it's night and be active when it's actually day.
- More customizable Exhibits. Would love to see options for null exhibits so we can create out own style exhibit also more options on size. I would love to see them add small and medium sized exhibits for the insects and some frogs and reptiles so they are more realistic. For example the dart frog exhibits are just too big.
- Darker interior options? I once again don't know if this is possible but maybe somehow to make interiors darker without going into it at night.

New Animals
Lastly I just want to talk about the only pack that I feel is 100% needed. Like if we were only to get 1 more pack what would I want it to be. Aviary Birds. But that's not all I hope they don't call it a Bird pack because Bats are very prominent in zoos and I would love to see at least 1 Bat species before the game ends.

smaller objects.
Agree
more grasses, smaller pebble sized rocks and etc. But the biggest thing I cannot stress enough is Leaf Litter and Woodchips.
Agree
I know we have those tropical tiles with assorted plants which are cool but I want snow piles in the same shapes as the mulch piles also sand and different colors of mulch (more red and lighter brown).
Very much agree - I'd love mulch that fits each biome
- Malayan Tapir (I think this is probably the most requested change so ya I will leave it at that)
Yep
- Koala (I know Frontier wants to make sure animals move a lot and do things so they aren't so boring but in this case I think the entire community would be accepting if they coded the Koala to sit in a tree and sleep 98% of the time. The only time I want to see it move is when it needs water, food or needs to use the bathroom. This animal actually bothers me the most in game because it just moves way too much and that's not what I want from my Koala).
Agree lots.
- Just some random stuff I was thinking of is realistic sprinklers or at least sprinkler effects for gardens and open grass areas.
You can use the enrichment sprinter to get this effect
- Small Objects such as different length wires, thinner metal beams, flexi color individual small bricks (if I think of more I'll add them)
I'd add steel cable and netting
- Gift Shop interior items
I would love this
- One way paths to get better flow in buildings and walk through enclosures
I think this is technically challenging but would be great - one-way gates or barriers (like the ones added in the last patch) would work equally well (if not better).
- Sleeping Branch for arboreal species
Yep
- Sleeping boxes for smaller species like meerkat, prairie dog etc
Yes please
- Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds We have Christmas Items would love more Halloween and Thanksgiving themed items (fall related items sorry I'm American lol)
Personally, I don't really want this one... I never use the Christmas stuff since i don't want a zoo perpetually stuck in Christmas.
- Thunderstorm Effects. This one is a bit more rare but I have seen it a few times in zoos. Ever been in a reptile house or rainforest house and the room gets darker and thunder and rain noises start playing and lights start flashing to mimic lightning. Ya when you see it you will realize how much you want it in Planet Zoo lol. Pretty much how they could add this is add lights that play sounds for thunderstorms and they flash every now and then to mimic lightning.
That would be pretty cool.
- Mist and Misters. Zoos on hot days usually bring out these misters that can cool off guests and I would also love mist effects for tropical environments. Also rain effects for indoor rainforests. Brookfield zoo in Illinois does this and it's awesome!
Also cool.
New Ground Breaking Features
- Nocturnal animals. I don't think this will happen but I so wish certain animals would sleep more in the day and then be active at night and then if you want to have them active in the day time put them indoors with special lighting to have the animals think it's night and be active when it's actually day.
I'd be happy with just the ability to darken interior spaces for nocturnal houses, as you suggest below.
- More customizable Exhibits. Would love to see options for null exhibits so we can create out own style exhibit also more options on size. I would love to see them add small and medium sized exhibits for the insects and some frogs and reptiles so they are more realistic. For example the dart frog exhibits are just too big.
100%
- Darker interior options? I once again don't know if this is possible but maybe somehow to make interiors darker without going into it at night.
As above
New Animals
Lastly I just want to talk about the only pack that I feel is 100% needed. Like if we were only to get 1 more pack what would I want it to be. Aviary Birds. But that's not all I hope they don't call it a Bird pack because Bats are very prominent in zoos and I would love to see at least 1 Bat species before the game ends.
I'd be happy with just birds but i'd love bats too.

Can I suggest increasing Grey Seal's snow tolerance? maximum of 30% seems way too little

itamerennorppa_6_mervi_kunnasranta-1600x1104.jpg

Although not a sign, vistapoints can be used for this. Unless they have a better view that's more easily reachable, guests will prefer that one over other viewing areas.

I tried vistapoints and they did not convince me, guests would still pick the fastest and closest view points over the better one with vistapoint but a little bit further. People mainly use vistapoints if they walk close to it it seems.

Hello everyone,

• Keepers are able to use doors in the enclosure (currently they can't), this would have a lot of potential to create keeper only paths in the enclosure, this would give more freedom in having different terrain heights, or a river separating the habitat, you could make a backstage passage way for the keeper that the animals can't use
I don't think they can use the scenery doors because they would also walk through walls and rocks of this was allowed in habitats.

BUT they will use guest gates and I wonder if you could use strategically placed guest gates and scenery to get the desired effect.

I don't think they can use the scenery doors because they would also walk through walls and rocks of this was allowed in habitats.

BUT they will use guest gates and I wonder if you could use strategically placed guest gates and scenery to get the desired effect.
This is a good idea! My suspicion is that it won’t work though, since staff pathfinding is different doing tasks within habitats than when using paths - I suspect that the gates won’t detect the keeper’s presence and won’t open… they’ll be a barrier to the keeper Just as much as to the animals. Worth a try though!

A great fix to the Lowland Gorilla would be chest beating. I cannot believe we have a GORILLA ingame and there no chest beating animations. Chest thumping is essiental to gorilla hierarchy and group dynamics, and it would be incredible to have males beat their chest occasionally. Proof
I feel very sorry for that gorilla and the fairly obvious signs of stress it is exhibiting in that tiny space - threat displays towards guests and towards conspecifics in the enclosure are not good. I’m not disagreeing that the chest beating could (and maybe should) be in-game - but it should be a sign off stress or in lieu of actual fighting between individuals.

Yesterday I almost threw my pc out of the window again.
I wanted to build a wall with a fence that I wanted to let a piece of the wall look out of the top.
Wall ok, I can build it straight through the grid. But why on earth, is there no damned grid for the barriers? This drives me crazy!

so:
* Grid for barriers !! Thanks!

I would like the animals to be completely muddy when using the mud bath toy
For example, the babirussa rolls in the mud but has only a few drops of mud on the skin.
Animals like elephants are often seen with a brownish color precisely because they take mud baths and in the game they are only half dirty.
I would also like to see tapirs diving and using the underwater feeder enrichment, a Malayan tapir makeover (which is clearly a baird tapir reskin)
That's it for now, I also want to congratulate Frontier for the amazing work they do on the planet zoo, I recently managed to buy some more dlcs and I have almost all the dlcs in the game, I haven't tested them all, but I've seen some animals and they are simply incredible!
Some images about the animals getting completely dirty after taking mud baths and another showing the tapir diving into the water

Attachments

• 0007_Satao.jpg
    0007_Satao.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 54
  • babirusa-male-female-having-mudbath-10466712.jpg
    babirusa-male-female-having-mudbath-10466712.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 44
  • rhino-bathed-mud-take-bath-dirty-place-close-up-raine-season-africa-173714138.jpg
    rhino-bathed-mud-take-bath-dirty-place-close-up-raine-season-africa-173714138.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 6e9bad6e-0e0f-4314-968d-6acca981b516.jpg
    6e9bad6e-0e0f-4314-968d-6acca981b516.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom