Metallic crystals: observations?

All 4 types of metallic crystals have the following observations note in the codex details:
In system with planet types: terrestrial high-metal content, terrestrial metal-rich.
Which in my understanding means that the given crystals can only be found near the planets of the specified types. But I just found 2 metallic crystal phenomena in the system with 4 stars and only 1 planet (which is water world). So how to understand this codex statement above?

All 4 types of metallic crystals have the following observations note in the codex details:
In system with planet types: terrestrial high-metal content, terrestrial metal-rich.
Which in my understanding means that the given crystals can only be found near the planets of the specified types. But I just found 2 metallic crystal phenomena in the system with 4 stars and only 1 planet (which is water world). So how to understand this codex statement above?

Maybe the codex information data is driven by the discoveries made by CMDRS, so if up to now CMDRS have only found them in these sorts of systems that's the data that the codex displays. It doesn't mean they can only be found there, but that's where they have been found so far. If it were to be otherwise then FDEV is supplying information out of context, in other words telling us information about stuff that we can't possibly find out ourselves, that would be in contradiction to what FDEV have suggested happens in the past. Maybe if enough people find them in systems without those sorts of bodies the information in the codex of where they can be found will change.

Probably yet another Codex bug. Alternatively, water worlds might count as high metal content as well.

Maybe the codex information data is driven by the discoveries made by CMDRS, so if up to now CMDRS have only found them in these sorts of systems that's the data that the codex displays. It doesn't mean they can only be found there, but that's where they have been found so far. If it were to be otherwise then FDEV is supplying information out of context, in other words telling us information about stuff that we can't possibly find out ourselves, that would be in contradiction to what FDEV have suggested happens in the past. Maybe if enough people find them in systems without those sorts of bodies the information in the codex of where they can be found will change.
I also tend to the bug version, but it would be great if it worked as you assumed.

Probably yet another Codex bug. Alternatively, water worlds might count as high metal content as well.

One of the interesting things about WW, and ELW and Ammonia worlds also of course, is that we classify them by one of their least interesting features galaxy wise. Water is just a chemical element, H20, in a particular state, and plenty of worlds have more H20 than water worlds, but it's frozen and so we call them ice worlds. The component of actual water on most water worlds is a tiny part of the actual make up of the body, it just happens to be liquid and is therefore classed as a WW and is of interest to us because we need liquid water to survive. So yes you are almost certainly right, the body in question is either a metal rich or high metal content body with a small liquid water component. We could work it out easily enough by looking the size and mass and comparing it to similar sized bodies.

I am sure that hidden under the title WW FDEV has a detailed description that does include the actual elemental composition of the body and somewhere in that description it says HMC or MR.

One of the interesting things about WW, and ELW and Ammonia worlds also of course, is that we classify them by one of their least interesting features galaxy wise. Water is just a chemical element, H20, in a particular state, and plenty of worlds have more H20 than water worlds, but it's frozen and so we call them ice worlds. The component of actual water on most water worlds is a tiny part of the actual make up of the body, it just happens to be liquid and is therefore classed as a WW and is of interest to us because we need liquid water to survive. So yes you are almost certainly right, the body in question is either a metal rich or high metal content body with a small liquid water component. We could work it out easily enough by looking the size and mass and comparing it to similar sized bodies.

I am sure that hidden under the title WW FDEV has a detailed description that does include the actual elemental composition of the body and somewhere in that description it says HMC or MR.
In this case, given observation note is just misleading and must be corrected in some way.

Top Bottom