O7, Michael. Rest in Peace.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air…
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew –
And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

"High Flight" by John Gillespie Magee (1922 - 1941)

The Elite Community has shown great compassion, commradery, sympathy, spirit and respect for a fallen Commander, taken too soon from us, whom will be missed immensely by all.

Rest In Peace Michael. You are loved and missed by all here....

Last edited:
RIP Michael.

Condolences to the family, the loss of a child is always a terrible thing to bear. I only hope you can find comfort in the fifteen happy years of life that, from the comments here, I'm sure that he had despite the challenges he faced.

o7 Fly safe Commander Michael Holyland! read this thread and the letter to the community. hard to handle being a father of a boy a little younger than Michael himself. I know the glow in his eyes, when playing online, meeting with other people, finding new things and impressions, getting contact with the wonderful opportunities of the world wide web. I am so lucky being a part of this journey and I am so sorry for Michaels family and all of us, for him not being here anymore. I am crying.

Last edited:
Just read that letter, too.

That right there is why I love this community so much. People volunteered their time to make this young man's last few days just a bit happier. They went above and beyond to be kind to a total stranger. That's really amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom