Michael's Journey Through the Stars

I highly highly recommend visiting the BD-12 1172 system. :)

I won't spoil it.

Maybe just in case... Lol
HkeOKIO.jpg

3ozNyPq.jpg

h6BwVih.jpg

pOqBCBO.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Michael,
Perhaps a visit to Skaude AA-A h294, to see the 'Collection of Wonders'. It is reasonably near the Bubble.
Visiting an active Thargoid Base (as another CMDR already suggested) and unlocking it is amazing, and a stone's throw from the Bubble.
Or a visit to mighty Betelgeuse, a bit farther.
I have used the EDSM map to find interesting POI near the Bubble with great effect. There is more close by to discover than you might think.
Fly safe o7

Speaking as some both back in the bubble and who was on DW2, there are some fantastic sights. Is there possibly a so-called bucket list of things he wants to see and do in Elite?

From there we can sort down what would be good for him to do and what we as the community can help him with. At the very least, some of the more impressive out-of-bubble sights in the galaxy I'm sure several of us would be more than willing to fly out there and multi crew if his jump range or time is a tad lacking

I know you had mentioned he has issues with stamina and eyesight, which is why some of the "exploration views" might be problematic - though I don't know the extent of his eyesight problems. I sorta drafted something here below, we can update as we go if it works. Below I've collated the suggestions and will do my best to keep this updated as a master record of what's been suggested.

What Michael wants to doCommunity-Suggested
Get his Federal CorvetteSol Visit (Req'd Fed Rank, Sol, Voyager Probe, Musk's Tesla Site, and New Horizons)
Jackson's Lighthouse (Neutron Star Highway "On-Ramp")
Freeholm's Artemis Asteroid Base
Mitterand Hollow (Fast Orbit)
Planetary Circumnavigation (SRV, First Great Planetary Expedition )
Thargoid Barnacle Sites (Canonn Link)
Guardian Ruins
The Great Annihilator, Dual Black Hole Sys
Fisher's Rest Megaship
On behalf of the Hull Seals, we'd love to host him on a rescue and make him a Seal with us.
BD-12 1172, I won't spoil it either.
The Collection of Wonders (2 Black Holes, Ringed M-Class star, ringed white dwarf, ringed neutron and others.)
Taygeta
Celaeno
Black Market Trading
Blue Lilies Nebula
Veil Nebula
Hutton Orbital
Hutton Orbital
Engineer the Perfect Ship
Fight a Thargoid
Okinura Station Race (Could not find a link)

Last edited:
Speaking as some both back in the bubble and who was on DW2, there are some fantastic sights. Is there possibly a so-called bucket list of things he wants to see and do in Elite?

From there we can sort down what would be good for him to do and what we as the community can help him with. At the very least, some of the more impressive out-of-bubble sights in the galaxy I'm sure several of us would be more than willing to fly out there and multi crew if his jump range or time is a tad lacking

I know you had mentioned he has issues with stamina and eyesight, which is why some of the "exploration views" might be problematic - though I don't know the extent of his eyesight problems. I sorta drafted something here below, we can update as we go if it works. Below I've collated the suggestions and will do my best to keep this updated as a master record of what's been suggested.

What Michael wants to doCommunity-Suggested
Get his Federal CorvetteSol Visit (Req'd Fed Rank, Sol, Voyager Probe, Musk's Tesla Site, and New Horizons)
Jackson's Lighthouse (Neutron Star Highway "On-Ramp")
Freeholm's Artemis Asteroid Base
Mitterand Hollow (Fast Orbit)
Planetary Circumnavigation (SRV, First Great Planetary Expedition )
Thargoid Barnacle Sites (Canonn Link)
Guardian Ruins
The Great Annihilator, Dual Black Hole Sys
Fisher's Rest Megaship
On behalf of the Hull Seals, we'd love to host him on a rescue and make him a Seal with us.
BD-12 1172, I won't spoil it either.
The Collection of Wonders (2 Black Holes, Ringed M-Class star, ringed white dwarf, ringed neutron and others.)
Taygeta
This is a really helpful summary, thank you.

Orange Spark

Volunteer Moderator
So, I've seen a lot of exploration focussed ideas already so I'll throw a curveball into the thread.

I'm CMDR Orange Spark, Triple elite commander who's made his fortune dealing with the criminal underbelly and corrupt high society of the galaxy. Saving passengers is nice and dandy, but those federal corvettes don't finance themselves.

So why don't we agree on a time and place to smuggle some "less than legal cargo" and maybe I won't tip off the police.

If this is something you'd like to do and is within the realm of possibilities then let me know.

CMDR Orange Spark

What i like to do, is to take a ship with a SLF. Bring it to the biggest and longest canyon i can find and deploy my slf to fly. It's the most fun You get on a surface.
If possible, and i know FD could manage something like this, i suggest You give Him a Hotas, some VR headset and drop into an indestructible SLF in a canyon so He can soar with ease and get some adrenaline pumping!
Much love, respect and best wishes. o7

The team here would like to ask him a question....

What would Michael like to achieve, and how can Hutton help?

From barnacles and brain trees to beagle point. From Sag A to Mitterand Hollow The Thargoid machine? A Hutton convoy? Saving a whole station of refugees from Thargoid attack in under 5 days? Loading up with Hutton Mugs and lobbing them somewhere stupid. Ranking himself silly with the Federation. Flying for 1hr23mins and a few seconds in supercruise and attempting to beat the record to Hutton. Highest in game trade total? Bossing a war zone?

Great thread and some great ideas! Also well played FDEV, I hope they brought along some cool goodies.

Just wondering, does he like to tinker with his ship? Now, I’m no expert but on this forum there are some who could help him A grade it up to G5 engineering. They no the system inside out.

And Mat, in the twitter statement you mentioned his Elite Dangerous goals. Any idea what they are? Could give us a better idea what to suggest.

Top Bottom