Michael's Journey Through the Stars

RIP Michael.

Condolences to the family, the loss of a child is always a terrible thing to bear. I only hope you can find comfort in the fifteen happy years of life that, from the comments here, I'm sure that he had despite the challenges he faced.

o7 Fly safe Commander Michael Holyland! read this thread and the letter to the community. hard to handle being a father of a boy a little younger than Michael himself. I know the glow in his eyes, when playing online, meeting with other people, finding new things and impressions, getting contact with the wonderful opportunities of the world wide web. I am so lucky being a part of this journey and I am so sorry for Michaels family and all of us, for him not being here anymore. I am crying.

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Just read that letter, too.

That right there is why I love this community so much. People volunteered their time to make this young man's last few days just a bit happier. They went above and beyond to be kind to a total stranger. That's really amazing.

Last edited:
Only just caught up with this. As a father I'm so sorry it ever had to happen to Michael and his family, but if life teaches you one thing it's that time is precious and you can only do the best with the cards you are dealt. Fortunately Frontier had a few up their sleeve and the time and effort everyone involved put into this is really quite moving (someone in my office is chopping onions!). Bravo one and all and fly safely Michael.

Last edited:
As a father I cannot imagine the pain, may time help to heal, or at least patch up the wounds.

As for FDev, respect to you guys as this is one of those occasions that looks like a work of pure goodwill, not driven by PR.

This.

My condolences to Michael's family and friends.
I wish you all the love and strength you will be needing in this difficult time.

Kudos to Frontier for picking up on this in such a compassionate way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom