Microsoft Flight Simulator

I probably will not be buying the game, until I can afford new hardware. I have a friend who has bought a maximum rig for it, and I might get a shot at it.

Especially since I helped him to not ram suns or planets in Elite. :)

I probably will not be buying the game, until I can afford new hardware. I have a friend who has bought a maximum rig for it, and I might get a shot at it.

Especially since I helped him to not ram suns or planets in Elite. :)
I will probably also just subscribe to x-box live for a couple of months to see 1. whether I should take the premium deluxe or standard edition 2. whether there will be a Steam release I could wait for.
You may want to consider it, only costs $1 first month.

I'm building a new PC now for FS2020. Most of my parts are already here, the motherboard and 2nd SSD come tomorrow.

I doubt I'll be playing anything other than MFS for the next few months!

I'm building a new PC now for FS2020. Most of my parts are already here, the motherboard and 2nd SSD come tomorrow.

I doubt I'll be playing anything other than MFS for the next few months!
Specs please! :) I'm only tweaking the overclocking on the GPU, for FS and the incoming Reverb G2. :)

All these post on updating their pc's; I assuming everyone knows that it will also be available on xbox.
That assumes that everyone owns an xbox. The only reason why I own a console at all was because it's a PS3 that was left over from a Black Friday Sale two years after the PS4 came out. It makes a decent blu-ray player, plus it can stream everything I subscribe to... except Disney+ :D

I think I'll pick up a T-Flight One hotas, now that I'm relieved that the stick and throttle are separable.

I finally got a beta invite the other day and so was able to try this out. The hype is well founded imho. My experience thus far has been very positive. :)
Signature says 'Visit Earth' too. :)

All these post on updating their pc's; I assuming everyone knows that it will also be available on xbox.
Which deprives the player of enjoying VR whenever it is released (I think by now it is all but officially confirmed). :)

I'm not sure if this is news.

News to me...since they previously and only recently advised they wouldn't be supporting head/eye tracking hardware...I might actually play it now :)

I wonder how the 3rd party added content will work in multiplayer - so if you buy a Concorde, and play online, will it appear for everyone?
Also, still now answer on how the real flights will appear, whether the aircraft livery will match (I guess not, still).

I'm not sure if this is news.

I was wondering about that, how could FS2020 launch without any kind of headtracking support? It's great that TrackIR is being implemented, I was hoping for Tobii eye tracking support but I can live with TrackIR emulation for now.

I'm still a bit on the fence about getting TrackIR, I love my Tobii eye tracker, but TrackIR is supported by a larger amount of games, so I still might still bit the bullet and add TrackIR to the my growing list of gizmos..

Changing subject, what's that about "bush trips"?

I was wondering about that, how could FS2020 launch without any kind of headtracking support? It's great that TrackIR is being implemented, I was hoping for Tobii eye tracking support but I can live with TrackIR emulation for now.

I'm still a bit on the fence about getting TrackIR, I love my Tobii eye tracker, but TrackIR is supported by a larger amount of games, so I still might still bit the bullet and add TrackIR to the my growing list of gizmos..

Changing subject, what's that about "bush trips"?
I still have my old TrackIR in a box somewhere...I need a new pro-clip for it but I'm loathe to drag it out and set it up again after using the Tobii 4C for so long. I'll just revert to using FaceTrackNoir with the Tobii as I do for Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight....and Star Citizen. It's not a perfect solution but it works.

Last edited:
I still have my old TrackIR in a box somewhere...I need a new pro-clip for it but I'm loathe to drag it out and set it up again after using the Tobii 4C for so long. I'll just revert to using FaceTrackNoir with the Tobii as I do for Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight....and Star Citizen. It's not a perfect solution but it works.
Yeah I'll probably do the same.

Since you used both, how do you compare them (aside from the fact Tobii has more features).

Yeah I'll probably do the same.

Since you used both, how do you compare them (aside from the fact Tobii has more features).
The trackIR with a proclip is less...twitchy... than the Tobii with FaceTracknoIR. I still have issues with mine being way too sensitive or have difficulty keeping it centred besides toggling it off...aside from that, I prefer the Tobii in all respects, especially the eyetracking when games support it.

Top Bottom