PvP 'Mid-Air' Rescue! (DG2)

How many mj of shield did that Phantom have, what do you think? Doesn't look like a 3D shield for me, looks a bit more beefy :S

How many mj of shield did that Phantom have, what do you think? Doesn't look like a 3D shield for me, looks a bit more beefy :S

I'm ball parking it as 1000-1500 damage via 6 point blank volleys of 2L+2M G5 overcharged frags (probably screening shell on large and corrosive+drag on the medium).

Every frag discharge has 12 pellets. Larges doing 6.4 dmg per pellet, mediums 3.9. 12 * 2 * 6.4 + 12 * 2 * 3.9 = 1490.4 max damage (kinetic) if all pellets landed.

There were two boosters in loadout. Could have been something like a non engineered 3A with two class A non engineered boosters. That would have 388 kinetic * 2.38 (assuming grounded ships are set to 4 pips sys) = 923.44 shield HP. Another 270 hull kinetic HP. Falls right in the middle of the damage ballpark.

In any case Goose already identified the actual loadout problem which was in the pilot's (or more accurately, SRV's) seat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ALWAYS DISMISS YOUR SHIP IF YOURE IN AN SRV

Definitely. Looks like the troubled CMDR tried to dismiss the ship at the last moment, but it was unnecessary with a diligent rescuer like Swizzy around to help.

Z0.

Last edited:
Top Bottom