Newcomer / Intro Mines and a T9

Hello Commanders,
Just finally getting to set up a large trader, as the T9 is quite large, a lot of players are telling me that mines suck and are useless and some are swearing to them being your best friend in a T9. Loadout= 3x 2c mines and 2x 1c shock mines.

First: is this a good run like hell setup or not?
Second: is will it work cause the 2 forward launchers "shock mines" look like they are gonna launch into the top of the hard point?

Thanks for any info on this subject....o7

As I recall, there are a couple of hardpoints on the type 9 where you absoloutely don't want to put mines, as if you are running, the mines will hit your hull. There is an arming delay, but not always enough to avoid damaging your own ship. I once had one with the engineer effect that knocks out engines and knocked my own out.

Personally, since they changed how NPC avoid mines, i think in the type 9 they are pretty useless.

Okay, first - mines definitely work. if you're running away in a straight line, the NPCs are usually stupid enough to run into them, even after the change. It just takes more mines to destroy them.

Second - the mine launchers only launch the mines couple meters up, so if you put them in the front-facing hardpoints, you're only going to hit yourself. :LOL:
You'll have to use the upper or lower hardpoints.
I haven't tried them on T9, so you'll have to experiment a little. Equip them and try to launch each hardpoint individually while boosting forward. They show on the radar as grey rectangles (just like missiles or cargo canisters) so you can easily check if they are hitting some part of your ship and which ones are safe to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom