Mining Cutter for sale

The Painite market has slumped by almost 50% and it seems only outposts are offering six figures. The Gaping Maw will therefore be mothballed alongside her AX sister ship whilst I ponder if repurposing is viable. Blood diamonds are gone, is there any money in trade? <shudder>

The Painite market has slumped by almost 50% and it seems only outposts are offering six figures. The Gaping Maw will therefore be mothballed alongside her AX sister ship whilst I ponder if repurposing is viable. Blood diamonds are gone, is there any money in trade? <shudder>

Its the same for void opals unfortunately. Before the mining boom, I was a slave trader. The days aboard my cutter, walking the cargo area and gazing into the faces of those cryo tubes. I promised I wouldn't go back to that life, but a mans gotta make ends meat somehow.

Is this a good time to mention that I've always had 256t of cargo racks in my mining T10s and I built cargo Pythons that can carry 256t of cargo? ;)
Now there's a thought, it may come to this but my logistical abilities are often at breaking point with only one ship to cope with..
Its the same for void opals unfortunately. Before the mining boom, I was a slave trader. The days aboard my cutter, walking the cargo area and gazing into the faces of those cryo tubes. I promised I wouldn't go back to that life, but a mans gotta make ends meat somehow.
I recall some lavish profits from a slave loop in First Encounters so this sounds promising, hey someone has to do it.

Still very profitable but just balanced a little better with the rest of the game. A 50% drop means instead of making 200Mcr/hr you're only making 100Mcr/hr. Still right up there with the best way to improve your credit balance. It WAS a little too easy before, wasn't it?

Yes and no. You still had to find the motherloads or whatnot. Sometimes you'd find em one after the other, boom boom boom. Fish be biting! But then other times it's like 30 mins of finding absolutely nothing right?

The one thing I think they need to improve to mining is having different shapes be motherloads. It's always the same shaped rock, so once you see that specific shape plus the black grid lines, you know you found something. All the oblong shape rocks that look like they may have something, you know it's nothing. It'd be nice if there was more uncertainty about which shaped rocks might have a motherload.

Passenger Missions are the king of the kaching - 100 Mil per hour

I dream at night that the highest paying profession is bounty hunting. Then I wake up and hit the onionhead.

Onionhead_flattened.jpg

Yeah, it's hard to get by when all you can get for one cargo mission is 6Mil credits.
In today's economy it's only about 187 Sidewinders.
We're all struggling.

Still very profitable but just balanced a little better with the rest of the game. A 50% drop means instead of making 200Mcr/hr you're only making 100Mcr/hr. Still right up there with the best way to improve your credit balance. It WAS a little too easy before, wasn't it?
Too easy is when it is other people making money that way.

I'm also grumbling, but I have no-one to blame but myself, because I didn't pay attention to which day the patch would drop. If I had, I'd have forced myself to go on one or two more mining runs before that, then I'd now have the Elite Trader under my belt and I wouldn't give a f* about the rest.
But I didn't, so I have to figure out how to get there instead, and I guarantee you that once I'm there, I'll never look back.

So the last couple of days I've tried out different, more typical types of trading. Delivery missions. Source missions. Freelance trading. They all came in at a range of roughly 3-12 Mil/h for me. Today I figured out a (theoretical) trade route that might score something like 20 Mil/h, so maybe I'll try that out in practice tomorrow. Then again, 20 Mil/h is also what I might gain at my old Painite claim (all the surrounding markets are swamped). And finding a new spot to mine that lies closer to currently decent markets? Well, it stands to reason that by the time I can get there, they're gonna be swamped as well. So I guess I'll be trying my luck with EDDB Loop trade next.

I think this is all great.
Now that demand impacts price stations with large pads get 750t dropped on them a few times and the price drops through the floor. Outposts end up with the only good prices because they aren't flooded with cutters.
Suddenly you have to think and work to make the huge money.
So great.

Top Bottom