Mining for days and was all for nothing

Yeah, while I utterly feel your pain (you used to lose Exploration Data, many people would make mistakes that lead to their demise or running out of fuel and having to Self Destruct", thus losing countless hours of Exploration Data and Bounty Vouchers etc.), take it as a learning experience.
It's a deep game, with a deeper learning curve, but if the game appealed to you then you in my humble opinion, you shouldn't give up on the first hurdle.

If you stick around, you'll be in a Heavily Shielded Cutter, Mining with Turreted Lasers for days and maybe an SLF, looking back at today and chuckling to yourself how green you were.

A couple of other things to keep in mind if you didn't already know; the instance refreshes upon logging. So if you DC or log, when you log back in, 'A Wild Pirate with Hungry Children Suddenly Appears'.
The other, unsure if mentioned is to High Wake (Have a nearby System ready to be targeted if you get Interdicted or foresee trouble), it'll get around Mass Lock. Full Pips to Engines, rest to Sys, Boost, Boost, Boost.
Dirty Drives might want to be added to your shopping list, as well as Reinforced/Thermal Resist Shields and Boosters (up to G3 is fine with Boosters if you unlock Lei Cheung).

Good luck, and have fun. :)

screw this game, just spent like 3 days mining all to for nothing, attacked by a NPC pirate that wiped me out, so annoying, not sure i will be coming back to this game anymore, complete waste of time, had almost 600t of musgravite, so depressed over it now :(
Hi bud, I have only read your initial post.
You will be told continually you have done something wrong, we All did this and it is bloody frustrating. You probably did and didn't know that you were doing it.

Please don't let it detract from the experience, it is called Dangerous after all.

You live and learn and learning from mistakes is a great way forward.

My god I have made many.
Pug

Yeah, while I utterly feel your pain (you used to lose Exploration Data, many people would make mistakes that lead to their demise or running out of fuel and having to Self Destruct", thus losing countless hours of Exploration Data and Bounty Vouchers etc.), take it as a learning experience.
It's a deep game, with a deeper learning curve, but if the game appealed to you then you in my humble opinion, you shouldn't give up on the first hurdle.

If you stick around, you'll be in a Heavily Shielded Cutter, Mining with Turreted Lasers for days and maybe an SLF, looking back at today and chuckling to yourself how green you were.

A couple of other things to keep in mind if you didn't already know; the instance refreshes upon logging. So if you DC or log, when you log back in, 'A Wild Pirate with Hungry Children Suddenly Appears'.
The other, unsure if mentioned is to High Wake (Have a nearby System ready to be targeted if you get Interdicted or foresee trouble), it'll get around Mass Lock. Full Pips to Engines, rest to Sys, Boost, Boost, Boost.
Dirty Drives might want to be added to your shopping list, as well as Reinforced/Thermal Resist Shields and Boosters (up to G3 is fine with Boosters if you unlock Lei Cheung).

Good luck, and have fun. :)
cheers for the advice bud, but ive been burned one too many times in this game, i maybe new to the forum but been playing a long time myself also, am using HTC Vive/hotas setup, back to euro trucks sim 2 for me haha

screw this game, just spent like 3 days mining all to for nothing, attacked by a NPC pirate that wiped me out, so annoying, not sure i will be coming back to this game anymore, complete waste of time, had almost 600t of musgravite, so depressed over it now :(
NPCs cheat, but once you learn how they cheat, the game does get easier.

There was a thread recently about never trusting pirates where another guy tried to submit to their demands and got blown up. Personally, I think hanging around anywhere in a loaded T9 where you're going to come face to face with piirates is asking for trouble. You never know which ones are going to come. It can be a wing of three Vultues and an FDL, all ready to snipe your modules as soon as your shields are down, or you could get two different lots that come at the same time, and while you're dealing with one lot, you're timing out on the others. Maybe that's what happened.

What you need to learn about this is ED rule no.1: The more you have to lose, the greater the chance that you're going to lose it.

Top Bottom