Mining for days and was all for nothing

Some of those pirates, they are sassy.

Getting ploughed by pirates is a horrid feeling, most especially after all the work, time invested in a good mining trip. Lorenzo offered sound advice. I've learned the hard way too. Now my mining runs are kept very tight on rules of survival. Pick a great spot, let the pirates sniff your hindquarters before going into the belt, once the cargo hold is full of choice minerals - prepare to punch it right towards the best market for your goods, and don't stop for anything until you are there. And never, ever return to mining until you've sold everything at market. The only time pirates should find anything in your hold - other than when they try an interdiction, is when it's full of limpets. Basically, I mine and then run for my life to the market(s). My mining ship is a Python named The Blind Squirrel, and it doesn't carry as much ore cargo as some, but the maneuverability allows me to wrestle free of almost all interdiction attempts. The run from the mining belt to market is conducted with my standard tactic - run like a terrified rabbit. Sans the squealing noises.

Top Bottom