Mining Q: hot spots and resource extraction area. What are the #% Values I should be finding?

Last edited:
As that is a 3 year old reddit post, assume it's outdated and invalid. I couldn't tell you what to expect from the rocks I just mine everything that's got of value ie bertrandite, bromelite ltds etc and put it in the carrier until I find wing trade missions for small amounts paying $50 million and bank off it that way. I probably make more this way than jumping around looking for overlaps and specific stuff. Just an idea, sorry if it doesn't help you any

Last edited:
Cores don't get altered in content generation count by hot spot, if the ring is going to generate a core every 100KM the ring will do so no matter hot spot or not... the chunks per core rock are fixed from the day fdev created the script that core rock will generate the same chunks every single time it explodes every 6 days that it can... failure to correctly explode a core is the only way to lower the value to <4 chunks…

Laser mining percentage per rock per each platinum rock generation is controlled by hot spot the nearer the centre the more chances of a high rock...
The number of chunks per rock is not controlled by hoy spot, that's controlled by the ring script, so a better ring will be better even more with a hotspot… This does mean that when you combine a High quality ring with a hot spot, that ring will generate higher value platinum percentage counts…
Res extraction sites add a multiplier to the LASER mined spat out chunks... this is why a laser miner can empty a rock without over heating outside a res but in side a res it can overheat before the rock is completed this is why a 2 beam miner may be fine outside a res but in a Haz res site it takes a lot longer to do each rock and drain the PD before its close to empty the rock…

Time to empty a rock vs finding a better rock..
With the high percentage for platinum change with the july 2020 update... all posts before that date are invalid for the stats...
The percentage to mine a laser rock vs skipping the rock did increase, but the research was never finished on painite ... It died a big death as the November 2020 price rebalance killed painite mining... Platinum change in july 2020 created it as the target option to laser mine...
All platinum Positives out way the other materials so the skip the rock number lower than 20% has not been pushed very hard..

Mine 20%-66.7% reject 19.9% and lower and find another...
Posting and reading on Reddit the current state of mining topics will get better results...
All this info was there just over multi new topics...
Due to the November 2020 changes to mining, trading and combat, those wanting credits and fast track to big money have left mining sub Reddit...
Many were only there because it paid, now that other activities pay more they left, they did not like mining at all and jumped instantly, so user count is now low on the mining sub Reddit...

Last edited:
Sadly it's tritium I'm after. Did the hard mode and got that ship at Jacques. 😖

Tritium: Lots of 15% Or lower, several 20%+ And very few 30%+ usually been leaving the less than 2% unless high in anything else.
SSD depending on location can get bunch just from that.

Asked because lot less time mining in non icy rings even with Lepidolite set to ignore.

Sadly it's tritium I'm after. Did the hard mode and got that ship at Jacques. 😖

Tritium: Lots of 15% Or lower, several 20%+ And very few 30%+ usually been leaving the less than 2% unless high in anything else.
SSD depending on location can get bunch just from that.

Asked because lot less time mining in non icy rings even with Lepidolite set to ignore.

Hot spots are not an issue out there so you can go into double and triple tritium over lap locations if you have enough jump range and fuel scoop...

Tritium is a Sub surface missile mining item not pure laser mining item, how good you play the missile mini game selects the tritium...

Go to this system for Tritium haz res laser mining...

34.15 ly from ColoniaLosTritium/Haz @ 30% from centre of hotspot, planet A 2, ring A
Has res mining tritium should give about this much per hour...
You fly at about 15-20 km from the haz res centre site to stay in bonus zone and then circle the centre point shooting rocks...
1628042161503.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom