Mining shut down?

Is mining completely shut down?

I've been mining for two nights straight now. Tried pristine, tried low, tried Eddb, tried pure luck, prospected probably a hundred asteroids.

NONE had fissures.

NONE had valuables inside.

Only water and methanol.

Am I doing something wrong?

I just mined 130 void opals along with some alexandrite, grandiderite and low temp diamonds. All that within Void opal hotspot. Maybe you just weren't lucky?

I find I have to spend 20 minutes before I get my first core and then they seem to crop up a little more regular. In a typical session(4-5 hours)I can fill my pythons hold and sell for 200 million.
Painite mining is much more profitable due to the abundance of good resources in double hotspots,I filled my cutter in 2-3 hours for a cool 400 million.

Did you meander enough, OP? The RNG gods only smile upon those who aimlessly meander through hotspots for at least half an hour.

They’re still out there. I usually have to lug my mining Cutter around for a good while before I hit the jackpot. Still more cr/hr than mission running.

I've been mining for two nights straight now. Tried pristine, tried low, tried Eddb, tried pure luck, prospected probably a hundred asteroids.

NONE had fissures.

Only water and methanol.

that will be the RNG gods not answering your prayers, have you left a cadbury's creme egg on the mantlepeice next to a picture of braben? A pack of hob nobs and a curly wurly also produce acceptable results.

Got bored of ROCK cracking as got bored of the cutter slow turn rate which forces useing a python instead ,went back to laser double painite hot spot mining reduces the RNG by a lot...

Still mining. ED says the hotspots deplete over time and take a long time to reset.
Resetting is also borked from time to time.
One good rock. Log out and in. Rock was good again. But only once.
Another good rock. Cracked it. And it stayed cracked for over a week.

NONE had fissures.

Only water and methanol.

Been mining twice in that last few days and came back with 128t of VOs both times.

I've definitely had times where I've struggled to find anything too, though.

Thing is, the placing of DC 'roids isn't RNG so if you're not finding them it's not just "bad luck".
If you're flying around a ring and you're seeing debris-clouds then you know other people got there before you.
If you're not seeing debris-clouds and you're not finding DC 'roids, you're just in a bad spot, in which case just jump into SC for a few seconds and try a different area of the hotspot.

Also, I still don't know how much difference it makes but, just to be on the safe side, I always stick to rings with Pristine or Major reserves on the assumption that might improve my chances.
Dunno if it does or not but, y'know, better safe than an empty cargo hold.

Top Bottom