Mining updates.

Hi there.

Sorry for the Diag and journal that will make little sense to you!

I've spent the last few days trying out the new mining, it's sooo much better, wonderful effects, superb job. I have a couple of suggestions.

I think there should be:
  • A mining rank. Influenced by the types of mining, the types of roids mined and of course the amount.
  • As your rank increases better equipment becomes available. I'm not sure how you'd take stuff away from pilots if you did this, with a cash buyout I guess.
  • Pilots should be forced to start with mining lasers, then sub surface missiles, then the good stuff.
  • I would love to see the introduction of a new limpet, a Searcher. These limpets would fly off and find the nearest deep core roids, then a Prospector etc. The beauty of this would be the choice to fly with the pulse scanner, or use another slot for another controller and more limpets. Decisions decisions!
  • Please make a few more models of deep core roids, always searching for the same shape feels wrong.
  • Please please give us a toggle for the pulse scanner, I'm getting RSI which I'm going to term 'Pulse Finger'!
  • And of course, a couple of new ships, different sizes, designed specifically for mining. Maybe fast but low turret count / Slow with good defence / Low cargo but sturdy / Large cargo but flimsy.

I used to play Eve a lot, mining was a big deal, a great way to make money, but also an easy way to get shot at. This is a great game mechanism if balanced right.
My two penneth.

Please do add comments if you think this would be a good way to go, or if I'm an idiot, I'm quite open minded!

Lestat

Banned
I have to say No. If Elite Dangerous was in Alpha or Beta and still being made. I would have been ok with it. But so many people already had the taste of mining equipment then take it away. I say no.

• Pilots should be forced to start with mining lasers, then sub surface missiles, then the good stuff.
With the earning rates available from Painite laser mining, in the right spots, only having mining lasers isn't much of a problem. I tried the new mining in the beta, decided it wasn't for me, and never actually switched the outfitting on my live mining ship.

Top Bottom