Missing content from DLC at least spooky and adventure PC

Hi all,

Im new to this and i have now spent several hours trying to figure this out. Hopefully someone can help here.

I bought Planet Coaster two days ago and after playing it for a few hours, i decided to buy 8 DLCs. However i think im missing a lot of content (not certain how much since i bought so much at the same time). The Spooky and adventure Facilities are missing for sure, also the spooky scenery, however i do have the Ghost entertainer (I have only played in sandbox so far and i think everything should be available there? I compared with my nephew, however he has it on ps4 and i know it is not the same ish).

what have i tried;
  • I have uninstalled steam and reinstalled
  • I rebooted the computer
  • I looked at my folder steam files and also here i find no spooky at all, under planet coaster DLC
  • In steam i validated the files
  • In steam all 8 DLC are visable
  • I searched for FAQ regarding this and also read in steam forum and in this forum

I hope someone can help and Im sorry if this thread may pop up in the wrong place or if theres already a post about this i unsuccesfully have not found.

Kind regards
A frustrated but very happy player looking forward to endless possibilities :)

Attachments

• sandboxadvenfaci.png
    sandboxadvenfaci.png
    972 KB · Views: 90
  • planet coaster dlc 1-6.png
    planet coaster dlc 1-6.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 102
  • planet coaster dlc 3-8.png
    planet coaster dlc 3-8.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 94

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Hi all,

Im new to this and i have now spent several hours trying to figure this out. Hopefully someone can help here.

I bought Planet Coaster two days ago and after playing it for a few hours, i decided to buy 8 DLCs. However i think im missing a lot of content (not certain how much since i bought so much at the same time). The Spooky and adventure Facilities are missing for sure, also the spooky scenery, however i do have the Ghost entertainer (I have only played in sandbox so far and i think everything should be available there? I compared with my nephew, however he has it on ps4 and i know it is not the same ish).

what have i tried;
  • I have uninstalled steam and reinstalled
  • I rebooted the computer
  • I looked at my folder steam files and also here i find no spooky at all, under planet coaster DLC
  • In steam i validated the files
  • In steam all 8 DLC are visable
  • I searched for FAQ regarding this and also read in steam forum and in this forum

I hope someone can help and Im sorry if this thread may pop up in the wrong place or if theres already a post about this i unsuccesfully have not found.

Kind regards
A frustrated but very happy player looking forward to endless possibilities :)
Hi @Piptimisten 👋 Welcome!
Are you in Sandbox mode when this happens?

Im noticing my steam interface looks diffirent when i google others. Mine does not say it has installed the DLCs. Can that be the problem somehow? ( see attached file)

Attachments

• steam DLC Example.png
    steam DLC Example.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 110

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Sorry, you did say you were in sandbox, that photo is what it looks like when you have purchased the DLC's. It's basically a list of what you own. I would check your email to see if you got a receipt. It would be from Steam titled "Thank you for your Steam purchase". There should be an install button if you did purchase but it just didn't install.

Sorry, you did say you were in sandbox, that photo is what it looks like when you have purchased the DLC's. It's basically a list of what you own. I would check your email to see if you got a receipt. It would be from Steam titled "Thank you for your Steam purchase". There should be an install button if you did purchase but it just didn't install.

Thats okay. I wrote a lot. Just gratefull for some help :)

I did not buy the game through Steam i bought it from a website called instant gaming and after purchased, i realised i needed steam :D I followed the instructions and I added the DLCs, the same way as i added the main game to steam. I have also been in contact with the seller but they have not been able to help but confirmed i had bought them...
I also wanted to write to steam for help but i found their forum rather complicated and im not sure what the cause is at all because i not familiar with either. I kinda just thought it would work flawless like the main game did.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Can you maybe give me an example of what facility you are missing? Or a missing scenery piece?

(Im asking as im pretty sure the spooky- and Adventure pack didn't come with new Facilities, or I'm really mistaken. So just to avoid confusion can you give any specific example of item you miss?)

Last edited:
Can you maybe give me an example of what facility you are missing? Or a missing scenery piece?

(Im asking as im pretty sure the spooky- and Adventure pack didn't come with new Facilities, or I'm really mistaken. So just to avoid confusion can you give any specific example of item you miss?)

HI,

Well under the facility filter, i cant even choose spooky theme. so that would basicly be all the shops; spooky atm, spooky gulpee shop etc. i basicly only have buildings with multiple shops. Its the same with adventure theme no single shops, only the big ones with multiple shops and only one under this theme if i remember correctly.

Under scenery, i have no pyramids from the adventure theme and also missing statues etc ( i have no idea of the name i just took a fast picture from my nephews game with filter on the themes he had to compare) and it is the same with spooky scenery, if i search, two spooky trees comes up and my nephew had sooo much content and choices.

After reading on steam troubleshooping/support yesterday, it does look like its installed and i also do have the mascots from both adventure and spooky theme.

Is it possible to find a list somewhere of the content of the packs, so i can check what im missing?

Kind regards

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Im not at home right now so i can't check the items 1 on 1 with you unfortunately.

I just wonder about the shops as I'm 99% sure there are no specific Spooky shops or Adventure shops. So I don't think this is an actual technical issue.
Keep in mind some users are very skilled in dressing up shops that it -looks- like it's a spooky shop while in reality it's a regular shop with self-placed scenery :D

If you can please try to come up with a few specific names/screenshots of items you seem to miss. Once I'm at home I can check with you if the items are really missing or not.
Also make sure to check both tabs (Scenery and Building).

To be honest i have a feeling you actually have all the items since it's not likely you only have like 50% of them. It's my guess that you maybe confuse some blueprints with actual items. Or that some items are not in the pack/place you would expect them to be in.
But again, let's find out :) If you can come up with some missing items i can point you out where to find them.

Below is attached screenshot of what i have available under adventure shops/facilities, Ghostbusters shop/facilties ( i think i got all from the DLC here), Adventure scenery available.

I cant choose the spooky theme in either of these two filters.

Attachments

• sandboxadvenfaci.png
    sandboxadvenfaci.png
    972 KB · Views: 100
  • pcghostbustershopfacil.png
    pcghostbustershopfacil.png
    773.2 KB · Views: 114
  • pc adventure scernery.png
    pc adventure scernery.png
    910.9 KB · Views: 123

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Im sorry but all those screenshots are for Blueprints and not for actual items. Im pretty sure you have all the loose items to (re)create the blueprints you are showing :)
The Spooky pack probably isn't listed since it holds no items in the facility blueprints category.

It can be the PC version has different blueprints then the console version. Could that explain what is happening?

Im sorry but all those screenshots are for Blueprints and not for actual items. Im pretty sure you have all the loose items to (re)create the blueprints you are showing :)
The Spooky pack probably isn't listed since it holds no items in the facility blueprints category.

It can be the PC version has different blueprints then the console version. Could that explain what is happening?
It definitely could :) im trying to find a youtube video i found two days ago where a lot of spooky shops and facilities were lined up. Thats the ones my nephew got and i dont have any of them which i would very much like. i know for sure he didnt make them himself as he is 10. But ill just keep looking and post here when i find it :)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
It definitely could :) im trying to find a youtube video i found two days ago where a lot of spooky shops and facilities were lined up. Thats the ones my nephew got and i dont have any of them which i would very much like. i know for sure he didnt make them himself as he is 10. But ill just keep looking and post here when i find it :)
Yes please, post them :D Im 100% sure though we don't have a lineup of several spooky shops in the game. Actually I'm pretty sure all shops are generic.

So it has to be the case that all those items are Blueprints. And the blueprints that come with the game could be a little different from PC to Console. At least you can be relieved you don't miss actual items due to technical problems. And all you see in the screens you can either recreate yourself or download from the steam workshop :)

Lol yeah. I defo think you are right. Now when i check all the pieces i see they are there. My nephew maybe forgot to tell me he downloaded from elsewhere :D I cant find the video i mentioned but it also convinced me i was missing a lot but it was probably custom made as you are saying :)

Thank you so much for the help the both of you :)

Have a nice day <3

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Lol yeah. I defo think you are right. Now when i check all the pieces i see they are there. My nephew maybe forgot to tell me he downloaded from elsewhere :D I cant find the video i mentioned but it also convinced me i was missing a lot but it was probably custom made as you are saying :)

Thank you so much for the help the both of you :)

Have a nice day <3
No problem !! Glad i was able to help out!

Enjoy the game :D

No problem !! Glad i was able to help out!

Enjoy the game :D
Hi again :D @Vampiro @HeatherG

I visited my sister today and asked my nephew if he thought he may had dl some extra blueprints and he was kinda sure the spooky shops were there at the get go.
Soo, i went back home and started searching for theat youtube video i had seen and i found it
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzrIjraDxA
all the shops/facilities is what my nephew has. Is that only available on console and on a pc you will have to do the hard work of putting it together or? :D That is excactly what has had be mindbugging and i wish they were available for me too, if they arent? :p

Kind regards

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Hi again!!

Seems like the video is made out of the console version. Im not too familiar with the console version but the shops in there are the same ones "we" (PC players) have as well :)
It seems as if the console version comes with a couple of more blueprints so yes, you have to do the hard work yourself :D

Altough, it could be those blueprints are in the steam workshop as well, in which case you can simply subscribe to them and you will have them nice and easy :D
(Even if the workshop doesn't hold these exact versions, the workshop holds hundreds of other very very high quality shop blueprints!)

Hi again!!

Seems like the video is made out of the console version. Im not too familiar with the console version but the shops in there are the same ones "we" (PC players) have as well :)
It seems as if the console version comes with a couple of more blueprints so yes, you have to do the hard work yourself :D

Altough, it could be those blueprints are in the steam workshop as well, in which case you can simply subscribe to them and you will have them nice and easy :D
(Even if the workshop doesn't hold these exact versions, the workshop holds hundreds of other very very high quality shop blueprints!)
HI :)

Okay, so if I understand this correctly. None of the shops/facilities in the linked youtube video are to be found in the pc version when the dlc are bought? :)

I did manage to play without them and just made restaurants instead but im not sure that will work as smooth outside of the sandbox :p Ill defo try and have a look at the steam workshop. Thanks again :)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
HI :)

Okay, so if I understand this correctly. None of the shops/facilities in the linked youtube video are to be found in the pc version when the dlc are bought? :)

I did manage to play without them and just made restaurants instead but im not sure that will work as smooth outside of the sandbox :p Ill defo try and have a look at the steam workshop. Thanks again :)
Hiya,

Im sorry but i can't answer that. Inside my head there is a pretty good wikipedia for rides and themes and shops but i don't know anything about Blueprints. All I know is that the console editions come with a couple more blueprints then the pc versions did back in the day. So yes, there is a good chance your nephew has a couple more blueprints in his game then you have in your pc version.

But i can't stress enough that basically there is no difference besides you have to subscribe them from the workshop or build them yourself. It should not make a difference inside/outside sandbox because if the blueprint holds a piece that is not available in a certain scenario, you won't be able to build the blueprint anyway as it has "un-researched parts" :)

Top Bottom