Missing pulse wave analyzers?

I’m way out in the Tir area. Plenty of mining equipment except the pulse wave analyzer. I’ve used EDDB, looked at almost every station and can’t find one. I completely understand not having “A” grade items this far out from the central system. But common, game play/RP wise. It makes no sense that an outpost colony wouldn’t have any pulse wave analyzers. Can this be fixed please?

I’m way out in the Tir area. Plenty of mining equipment except the pulse wave analyzer. I’ve used EDDB, looked at almost every station and can’t find one. I completely understand not having “A” grade items this far out from the central system. But common, game play/RP wise. It makes no sense that an outpost colony wouldn’t have any pulse wave analyzers. Can this be fixed please?

Its a bug introduced with the April update. It has been logged, registered on the tracker, it has been posted here and on reddit and people tweeted it at FD. I asked them directly via support a few days ago and they never heard of the issue...

The bug tracker issue has reached Confirmed status now - https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1560

I asked them directly via support a few days ago and they never heard of the issue...
It's a big company and they have a lot of open issues - but other people have definitely had more luck getting it acknowledged by support.

We did get an official explanation that as outfitting depended on BGS states the PWAs would only show up in Boom. Unfortunately, the way the economy sliders work, it's not actually possible for us to test this at the stations which offered it before, as there's way too much passing traffic keeping them pinned in Investment. (I'm unconvinced that this explanation is complete or relevant to the specific Colonia outfitting situation, for various reasons, but do not have sufficient evidence. I really need to get organised on Outfitting pattern analysis)

Colonial Ladies & Gentleminers, start your engines

ayXhuJ5.png

It's ... it's not just pulse wave analysers, either.

Also new to the region at Jaques:
- some big A-rated limpet controllers
- thrusters 5A-8A
- FSD 4A-8A
- Life support 4A, 5A, 7A, 8A
- Power distributor 4A, 5A, 7A, 8A
- Power plant 6A-8A
- Sensors 4A
- SCB 4A, 6A
- Shield gen 4A, 6A, 8A
- Mamba

Might be worth checking out Colonia Hub, Colonia Dream, Whirling Station, Dervish Platform, Robardin Rock and Tolagarf's Junkyard to see if there's any new stuff at those as well: may well be the other A-rated modules somewhere to find...

Very nice 3rd birthday present for the region - thank you Frontier!

Wow, that is nice. I just bought the scanner and did not checked further. So I can buy 8A Power plant for my Anaconda :)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello there!

What's all this then?!

...We can confirm that, based on player reports, we've added a new research installation to Colonia which, as a result, has increased the tech level in the system. Jacques Station and Colonia Hub have now become high tech, which will introduce a number of modules and ships not previously acquirable in Colonia.

This will also enable Commanders operating out there to get involved with the new mining activities (introduced in Beyond - Chapter Four) without needing to journey all the way back to human space to purchase a Pulse Wave Analyser.

This also means that Mambas, Belugas and Fer-de-Lances are available to those wishing for some degree of decorum and luxury on the frontier.

Last edited:
Hello there!

What's all this then?!

...We can confirm that, based on player reports, we've added a new research installation to Colonia which, as a result, has increased the tech level in the system. Jacques Station and Colonia Hub have now become high tech, which will introduce a number of modules and ships not previously acquirable in Colonia.

This will also enable Commanders operating out there to get involved with the new mining activities (introduced in Beyond - Chapter Four) without needing to journey all the way back to human space to purchase a Pulse Wave Analyser.

This also means that Mambas, Belugas and Fer-de-Lances are available to those wishing for some degree of decorum and luxury on the frontier.

Would be very interesting to learn all the mechanics behind changing of economy type in systems - what defines it and how it can evolve (and can it evolve?). Is there any archive article from the design decisions made in the past? Or maybe Discovery Scanner episode about it?

Weeeeeeeellllll. That figures. I had bought an anaconda from my cartography earnings while I was out there. Couldn’t get the 6A FSD or any core a rated for it. Sooooooo I spent over $2 mil to ship the type 9 out (had bounties on it). Swapped some stuff out and sold it. I also just left there heading deeper into the unknown. I’ll take satisfaction in being a part of the solution that will help others out.
Thanks Dev team for listening to us. (Truth not sarcasm).

Top Bottom