Mission board soft-lock still not fixed

The mission board still soft-locks when a mission is selected and the mission giver is off-screen:

lemon_12ixjh7.jpg

I've reported this in the initial 'notice' thread, the PC subforum and the 'September Update - Patch 2'-thread. None of these have received an official acknowledgement despite at least one user being able to reproduce it. Again, it would be really nice if people could see if they can reproduce this and report back - either in this thread or any of the other threads.

As far as I can tell the soft-lock is not fixed and Frontier are either unaware or actively denying that the bug still exist. An official reply regarding this would be appreciated.

Will try this out tonight, should be simple to reproduce given my typical play style and before I start on my circumnavigation project.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Keep in mind that you need to scroll down far enough on the board that the mission giver isn't visible at all. As long as he/she is even partly on screen the misison board works fine.

Open and close panel 4 cleared it for me.
Entering the engineers screen is what fixes it for me. So strictly speaking it's not a total soft-lock, but iirc that was true for the initial bug as well.

Entering the engineers screen is what fixes it for me. So strictly speaking it's not a total soft-lock, but iirc that was true for the initial bug as well.

Yep I only had it the once pre-patch, not had it since however I've gone exploring since then.

Full disclosure--I think this particular soft lock has been in the game a while, because I'm pretty sure I rarely would soft lock on the mission board (going back more than a year) but never realized what caused it. Entering the engineering screen always cleared it for me as well.

I only ever encountered this after the patch that introduced the initial soft-lock and I don't remember the board ever locking up before (apart from server issues / mission not being retrieved). I might be wrong, but afaik this didn't happen before the september patch.

Definitely didn't happen a lot, but I got it about once every 50-60 hours of playing. Just enough to be slightly annoying. :D

I was picking up a lot of missions last night from a station with a lot of factions and I never had an issue. I was even trying to do missions for the bottom faction, as they're the one my rep is lowest with. Curious as to what the trigger for it is that I've somehow avoided.

Not sure if you did read this part carefully enough: it's not just about choosing the bottom mission giver, this one has to be scrolled out of view as well. Depending how long the list of mission givers is, it could be only two or maybe three from the bottom up, but to trigger this effect it has be the last one on the bottom scrolled out of view, then going back to the mission pane and select a mission that belongs to the now non-visible mission giver. Since that's certainly not an everyday situation, it's understandable why it's so relative rare now and why to some, due to their habits, it will never happen.
As I said, I was at a station with a lot of mission givers, so there was a lot of scrolling. I figured I would run into it at some point, with the way I was grabbing up assassination missions - but I didn't exactly log my mission-grabbing approach.

What it seems to be is scrolling the mission givers independently, and then going back to the missions on the right. Which, for me, happens far less frequently I guess, since I use an Xbox controller most of the time. Or maybe the method of handling inputs on the controller prevents the issue from happening altogether (since it moves between panels directly, instead of freely like the mouse can)

Some good points made--I swap between the mouse and my hotas when interacting with station menus, and I'd be curious if the issue manifests itself with one vs. the other. My bet is the hotas is free from it, but often I switch to the mouse since it's faster to use. Heck, I even use the mouse in VR for that very purpose.

Something seems amiss

I just did a Slaves Smuggling Mission and when I got to destination there was only one reward available out of the 3 that showed when I took the mission. Unfortunately it was for 1 Focused Crystal which I was already full of and I had to abandon the mission and dump the slaves on the Black Mkt.

Full disclosure--I think this particular soft lock has been in the game a while, because I'm pretty sure I rarely would soft lock on the mission board (going back more than a year) but never realized what caused it. Entering the engineering screen always cleared it for me as well.
It happens on most menu screens if you exit them too fast

So, hopped into my Vette at my home system and started playing with the mission board, and yes, @krautbernd's method works to cause the soft lock, and yes, this is the very thing that has been happening to me for quite a while (but not sure just how long). Glad I at least know how to avoid it now. :D But yeah, Fdev should really take a gander at this one.

Top Bottom