Mission Confinement Studies on Isla Pena

Hi all!

I am really enjoying playing this game. Yesterday 12 hours, today till now almost 7. I am on Isla Pena, 11M in the bank, Security Mission completed, I am on the Science Mission now. I incubated a Velociraptor and a Diplodocus, both of them in the paddock (ofc separated), but I have problem with the 2nd part of the mission. Velociraptor/Diplodocus below Comfort thresfold for 3:00.

When they are in the red zone in Comfort, they do nothing, but break the fence, eat the guest, but after 5 deaths the mission is failed. And when they are not in their comfort zone, the timer moves not a bit. What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

Hi all!

I am really enjoying playing this game. Yesterday 12 hours, today till now almost 7. I am on Isla Pena, 11M in the bank, Security Mission completed, I am on the Science Mission now. I incubated a Velociraptor and a Diplodocus, both of them in the paddock (ofc separated), but I have problem with the 2nd part of the mission. Velociraptor/Diplodocus below Comfort thresfold for 3:00.

When they are in the red zone in Comfort, they do nothing, but break the fence, eat the guest, but after 5 deaths the mission is failed. And when they are not in their comfort zone, the timer moves not a bit. What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

What I did with that was make sure everything else was stable, and have ACU ready to sedate them, and rangers to fix the walls.

That or spam sedate and transport is an option too, I guess.

Brett C

Frontier
As for them breaking the fences, there is an alternative option of doubling up your fencing, so if they break out of the first fence, the second fence will act as a buffer zone until you can sedate and transfer them back while making repairs to the fence.

Bugged?

As for them breaking the fences, there is an alternative option of doubling up your fencing, so if they break out of the first fence, the second fence will act as a buffer zone until you can sedate and transfer them back while making repairs to the fence.

I think the thread is missing the problem. I now have both dinos in uncomfortable status (even put the raptor to 0) and the timer for the misson (specifically for the raptor) is not moving. Is this a bug? This makes the game impossable for anyone who wants to complete the island missions before moving on.

Brett C

Frontier
I think the thread is missing the problem. I now have both dinos in uncomfortable status (even put the raptor to 0) and the timer for the misson (specifically for the raptor) is not moving. Is this a bug? This makes the game impossable for anyone who wants to complete the island missions before moving on.

If the dino stopped moving, that sounds like a bug.

Tried to workaround the issue by tranquilizing the dinosaur and transporting him elsewhere in the fenced area?

I think I have a fix for you.

So my sister and I have been playing, and we were running into the same issue - I imagine you probably created multiple of said dinosaurs to help deal with their social comfort levels! Well, it turns out that the first of those was selected to be the subject of the mission at hand - and if you select the Power Grid view, there will be a little "Science Mission" symbol next to the Velociraptor and Diplodocus that you first created.

You HAVE to use these two for the mission, as bringing down the comfort level of the other's won't work or activate the countdown. So trap those buggers in a cage and watch them suffer until 3 minutes is up!

A good question... how do you become a failed mission back? I failed at island two... and it obviously prevents the entertainment mission on island 3 to start? Anyone any idea?

Mission Failed

Yea Pretty sure the 2 dinos that were selected have died of old age because in my map I have no dinos with the science icon.

A good question... how do you become a failed mission back? I failed at island two... and it obviously prevents the entertainment mission on island 3 to start? Anyone any idea?

Go to your island management screen (where you can request a new contract). Missions are on the bottom right -- click that and it should take you to a screen where you can reselect any failed missions (or ones that you've delayed, because they popped while you were in the middle of a different one). Be prepared for some extra sass from your employees the second time around. ;)

I'm on PC

Go to your island management screen (where you can request a new contract). Missions are on the bottom right -- click that and it should take you to a screen where you can reselect any failed missions (or ones that you've delayed, because they popped while you were in the middle of a different one). Be prepared for some extra sass from your employees the second time around. ;)

I'm playing on PC and I don't see missions on the bottom right. I can request new contracts from any of the reputations however I don't see anywhere to re-select failed missions.

I have lots of shelters over my park and had lots of money (was on about 846k per minute profit) so I could afford to do this but I opened all my shelters so no guests were out and about to get killed. Then I had the dinosaurs in confinement. Tranquilized and recaptured them when I had to but no guests were harmed.

If it's of interest for other players:

First of all, you don't have to make them uncomfortable at the same time, meaning you can focus on one at a time.
As for the Raptor - make a perfect paddock for it but create no mates for him. This will make him uncomfortable more slowly but won't dip him too far into the red. Of course you should have emergency shelters anyway, but this the clou:
Build two more Raptors and let them wait in the incubation centre. Once you want to make him comfortable just release the two and he will be happy in no time, reducing the number of outbreaks. As for the diplo: Just make him umcomfortable and fetch him when he's breaking out. Diplos are pretty chill, so he will be happy in no time.

I parked a ranger right next to the raptor took control and just followed the Raptor repairing the fences as it attacked them. Build a double fence too so that if it does break one you have plenty of time to get it back.
Then rinse and repeat for the Diplo.

Stuck on the mission confinement studies

Hello there, can anyone help me on how to complete the third part of the mission because I can't do it. Thank you

I double fenced them which helped a lot! They don’t break out quickly through two fences.

Also make sure ACU and Ranger Teams are nearby, and don’t do them both at the same time so can focus on one dinosaur.

Top Bottom