Mission Optional Rewards : How They Display

I've not taken a first mission and already I'm a wee bit annoyed.

The Mission and Passenger boards both show only three (the first three?) rewards on offer, and if there's a Material, Data, or Commodity component then Inf gets relegated to the 4th or 5th spot and not displayed until the mission is clicked and opened. The display order seems to be [Credits] [Materials/Commodities] [Reputation] [Influence]. This mean clicking to open each mission in turn to view the actual Inf, else I might have assumed certain missions gave no Inf at all. The display does seem to allow text wrapping to a second line, where the details of the three displayed are too long, so there is some space.

I think FD need to either push Inf higher in the priorities (Cr, Rep, Inf.... or Cr, Inf, Rep), or display more than three reward elements, and only truncate where the total display runs to more than two complete lines of display text, but indicate truncation in some manner.

Anyone else have views?

The Mission and Passenger boards both show only three (the first three?) rewards on offer
It's not a priorities thing, but showing the key elements of each available choice - maximise credits, maximise commodities, maximise materials, maximise rep, maximise inf. If a choice isn't available for a mission (and only max credits is guaranteed), it's not shown.

So if it says "430,000 Cr | REP +++++ | INF +++++" that doesn't mean you can get 5 rep and 5 inf from the mission.

That also means that they can't really show the standard Cr/REP/Inf components below that, because any reward choice you pick might change any of them.

Top Bottom