Missions not completed

I have read contradictory information on the subject, so I launch a question:

If I do not complete several missions for a faction, does it diminish the influence of that faction in the system or does it only diminish my reputation with it?

Fly safe!

Non passanger missions will only effect your rep with the faction and not its influence when not completed, not sure about passanger missions i dont do many

Non passanger missions will only effect your rep with the faction and not its influence when not completed, not sure about passanger missions i dont do many

My understanding is abandoning a mission will only reduce rep. Failing a mission will reduce rep and influence.

The taking and deliberately failing/abandoning missions was nerfed so it only affects your rep.
Too easy to exploit;)

Well that should give you an unambiguous answer:S

Guys this needs testing! again!

Last edited:
Last time I tested in 2.4, a failed passenger mission by time out, or scraping the hull with a highly strung passenger until they demanded to be let free DID hit Inf as well as Rep.
Abandoning them only hit Rep.

Since we only have about 4 more days until 3.0 hits I suggest to postpone the testing until it's live. So we can see if anything was wrongfully altered by mistake or otherwise ;)

I just abandoned a source and return mission because a bug wouldn't allow me to drop the commodity off. An option to complete the mission would not appear. Happy to read from this thread that it will not hurt influence.

Top Bottom