Mobius Or Crow

Used to be MobiusPvE was the PS4 private group of choice for a PvE equivalent of Open, but over the months / years, Crow's PG has become almost as big and perhaps more active, at least for exploration-related events. So for the day-to-day gameplay like we currently find at Witch Head, which group is more popular these days, MobiusPvE or AllCrowsAreBlack?

I ask because the griefers are starting to gather at Witch Head, and while I enjoy running their blockades on occasion (I have ships made just for this purpose), I prefer running my rescue missions unharassed. Of course there is always Solo, but it's cool to see other friendly CMDRs out here.

Of course you probably don't know which is more popular, so consider this a poll - which PG do you prefer?

I'm a member of Mobius group 2 and Crow's group. Last time I looked in Mobius no one was online there. I made a load of new friends on DW2 so if I fly PG I tend to fly in Crows group now. Id say DW2 created a good community feeling in Crows group.

Currently parked up at Sag A though so not sure how much activity is happening in the bubble in it.

Used to be MobiusPvE was the PS4 private group of choice for a PvE equivalent of Open, but over the months / years, Crow's PG has become almost as big and perhaps more active, at least for exploration-related events. So for the day-to-day gameplay like we currently find at Witch Head, which group is more popular these days, MobiusPvE or AllCrowsAreBlack?

I ask because the griefers are starting to gather at Witch Head, and while I enjoy running their blockades on occasion (I have ships made just for this purpose), I prefer running my rescue missions unharassed. Of course there is always Solo, but it's cool to see other friendly CMDRs out here.

Of course you probably don't know which is more popular, so consider this a poll - which PG do you prefer?
Hi Old Duck
Like you I love rescuing poor civilians that have been Thargoided..... I'm not on PS4 (No EBL here), but I am on Mobius (Original) and on my alt cmdr on Mobius Eurasia... I'm out at the current Witch Head scenes of crime... rescuing away BUT despite many hours flying around in both ''Mobius's'' ... I have seen not one other commander.... I think that points to how ''popular'' these particular groups* are nowadays (not really answering your question tho) .... o7

*Max 20,000 members out of the entire commander base... so a bit thin anyway for a truly representative comparison

Like you I love rescuing poor civilians that have been Thargoided..... I'm not on PS4 (No EBL here), but I am on Mobius (Original) and on my alt cmdr on Mobius Eurasia... I'm out at the current Witch Head scenes of crime... rescuing away BUT despite many hours flying around in both ''Mobius's'' ... I have seen not one other commander.... I think that points to how ''popular'' these particular groups* are nowadays (not really answering your question tho) .... o7
I suspect that also reflects the situation here on PS4. I'll try Crow's group if needed. This morning I've not seen any CMDRs in Open, let alone PG, not even the griefers!

The one nice thing about a shared galaxy is that even if I don't see other CMDRs, I know were "in it together" (griefers notwithstanding) and that adds a sense of community even if I'm stuck in solo.

I can’t speak for Mobius but I can see Crows group regularly has half a dozen or so ex-DW2 commanders flying around the Witch-head - UK evening.

I am still returning from DW2 so don’t know how many non PS4 friends are flying in Open / Mobius / Crows.

I can’t speak for Mobius but I can see Crows group regularly has half a dozen or so ex-DW2 commanders flying around the Witch-head - UK evening.
To clarify, you're playing in Crow's group and you see some of your buddy icons over in Witch Head?

I still have my "Crow Identification Card" from Enigma Expedition long ago, so I'll give it a try later!

To clarify, you're playing in Crow's group and you see some of your buddy icons over in Witch Head?

I still have my "Crow Identification Card" from Enigma Expedition long ago, so I'll give it a try later!

Yep, I met some great commanders whilst out on DW2. Although i’m not yet back, they are and are flying around witch-head

I was in Mobius since somewhere beginning of Feb this year and I haven't encountered a single commander for a whole month. On PS4 Mobius is dead to me. After that I gave up and enlisted myself to a squadron. Finally I have people to fly with both in open and PG.

I was in Mobius since somewhere beginning of Feb this year and I haven't encountered a single commander for a whole month. On PS4 Mobius is dead to me. After that I gave up and enlisted myself to a squadron. Finally I have people to fly with both in open and PG.
I like the idea of meeting random people in random places, which is why I'm not sure I'd be content in a smaller Squadron-only PG. On the other hand, my MO is to fly in Open until I encounter griefers or overwhelming crowds (the latter hasn't happened on PS4 for awhile), and then switch to PG or Solo, so perhaps one can have their cake and eat it too.

Not pointing the finger towards anyone but: the game is already pretty deserted on PS4, across all modes, and to split in half even the PGs seems really a dumb idea.

Not pointing the finger towards anyone but: the game is already pretty deserted on PS4, across all modes, and to split in half even the PGs seems really a dumb idea.
I suspect that many jumped from Mobius to Crow, so it might be an 80 / 20 split in Crow's favor rather than a 50 / 50 split. I'm purely speculating, of course.

I'm also curious how the number of active players vary with things like this 'Enclave' event. I hadn't played the game in months and had written it off until the Playstation 5 and / or New Era, but the latest II brought me back in, at least for the short term. Perhaps I'm an outlier, but maybe not.

I suspect that many jumped from Mobius to Crow, so it might be an 80 / 20 split in Crow's favor rather than a 50 / 50 split. I'm purely speculating, of course.

I'm also curious how the number of active players vary with things like this 'Enclave' event. I hadn't played the game in months and had written it off until the Playstation 5 and / or New Era, but the latest II brought me back in, at least for the short term. Perhaps I'm an outlier, but maybe not.

I never had the patience to grind/engineer an AX ship that I would use maybe 3 times. Thargoid events don't really draw me in.

I never had the patience to grind/engineer an AX ship that I would use maybe 3 times. Thargoid events don't really draw me in.
Me neither! Well, except for my Scout-cooking Vulture that uses good 'ol fashion beam lasers. Thankfully this event had lots of other gameplay aspects, including rescuing people from burning stations, repairing megaships using limpets, etc. I know some of these are "old" mechanics, but I've had long enough of a break that rescuing people as part of an evolving story was enjoyable.

On PS4 I'm almost always in Open, never joined Mobius, but i'd say AllCrows PG for DW2 was the busiest I've ever seen the game.
As part of the DW2 squadron team I did watch the numbers a lot from that side too. I think we got to 480-ish members total at peak, and UK-evening time we'd regularly get 100-200 players on at once, waypoint end/start would get more. However once DW2 finished concurrent numbers dropped massively, and after about a month or so you'd only see 6-12 at peak UK times (with still 350+ in squadron).
Now it may be the most dedicated moved to Crow squadron, but interesting a fairly hardcore of players (ie: anyone actually doing DW2 till near the end) ceased so quickly.
I've since joined the Fuel Rats squadron, so most interactions with normal players has dropped right off.

Lastly i'll just chip in from the PC side too, where i'm a member of Mobius and Fleetcomm, and around Colonia both these and Open are all pretty desolate. Maybe not surprising, but neither seems to be the go-to mode for other players.

Last edited:
Another shout here for ACB's group

We have our own PS4 group with just over 100 members but lot of us play in open and in Crow's group mainly due to the friends we made on Enigma Expedition and DW2

There's always someone on

I've running in gobs of CMDRs in Open Duck. Witch Head especially. Could it be the time you play? I usually do evenings 6pm EST to 9pm EST. Always run into someone or many.

I am going to wager DW2 Community now larger and more active. I should pop into the group and see what's going on.

Gary

I've running in gobs of CMDRs in Open Duck. Witch Head especially. Could it be the time you play? I usually do evenings 6pm EST to 9pm EST. Always run into someone or many.
See OP. While Open is still my preferred mode, once griefers show up to interfere with things like station rescue missions, I prefer to switch to a PG where I'll not be harassed. But if nobody in that PG is active in an event like 'The Enclave', then I might as well go to Solo.

Well, I did the last CG in open (for the Alliance) but as said above rescue missions are easier on solo. Similar to the first II where all pilots wanted to use the single medium landing platform.

Top Bottom