Mobius - Where is everyone?

I'm a member of the Mobius private group, it shows as having 19605 members at the moment, and yet I have never run into another CMDR since Sept 2018. In this time I have been griding Federation rank and have never been more that 60 LY from Sol and frequent Sol very often. Also tried Mobius PVE Eurasia, still never seen another CMDR in this time.

Im thinking it's some kind of network issue, any ideas?

Look in your contacts (communications) History panel to see if you really have not encountered any other commanders, or just haven't noticed them.

I have several pages worth of contacts over the last week, meaning I did pass them by...but I noticed only a handful. In open I never really notice other commanders either except in Shinrarta D and engineering systems.

If your history truly shows you aren't encountering anyone, there may be more going on, like aspects of your connection preventing anyone from instancing with you. Maybe fly in open for a few days to see if you still don't encounter anyone (fly a disposable ship if you're scared of open).

Last edited:
Contacts history panel shows last CMDR contact was sept 2018, I think I tried open, but can't remember for certain, i will retry it

I'm a member of the Mobius private group, it shows as having 19605 members at the moment, and yet I have never run into another CMDR since Sept 2018. In this time I have been griding Federation rank and have never been more that 60 LY from Sol and frequent Sol very often. Also tried Mobius PVE Eurasia, still never seen another CMDR in this time.

Im thinking it's some kind of network issue, any ideas?
I'm an early original Mobius and normally see at least one other commander every other session but I am based in Dezhra... my second commander slot is Mobius Eurasia and I see way less other commanders but am out in Colonia.... I think the instances depend on the 'popularity' of the area you are currently in/at/whatever/... o7

Contacts history panel shows last CMDR contact was sept 2018, I think I tried open, but can't remember for certain, i will retry it
What @Siobhan said is potentially your problem, they asked active members to request to join one of the newly created groups a while ago (like late 2017). Active people did so, sounds like you're in the old group. Assuming at least most "active" members did as requested, the old group would just be a bunch of folks who are not active....which would make running into them difficult. :)

Details here:

Mobius PVE Eurasia ~ 7800 members, tried that again last night, still never saw another CMDR round about Sol

Top Bottom