Modern and Environmentally friendly Zoo design.

While much if not all of the base game components might be already finished or desired on, there is always the possibility of future downloads and expansions. One to consider, should be elements that allow players to build a stay of the art modern zoo. Using green and minimalist concepts that rely on the blending of modern zoological architecture with natural features while promoting conservation and recycling that could end up saving the animals's habitats. The Planet Zoo team could provide players with rammed earth foundations, cork, recycled wood planks, bamboo, lots of fiber glass panels and sections, insulated concrete forms, fiber cement, stone, steel, composite, natural fibers and many others. Guess pathways could be made using recycled rubber tires and/or feature natural dirt paths that could minimize the use of other more intrusive materials. Led lights and Green design features could be introduce while educating players on the advantages that these offer to our planet in relation to traditional construction designs. This theme would not only be visually stunning for players as well as offer endless possibilities, but it would heavily promote conservation, sustainability and environmentally responsible zoo exhibit construction.
zooproject4.jpg
zooproject5.jpg

zooproject6.jpg
zooproject8.jpg
zooproject732.jpg

Last edited:
These are beautiful pictures. But while I see the aquarium one I have to add my two cents of what I see: It annoys me to pieces that that you can obviously only reach the glass and be up close with the animals through stairs. No ramps. It's absolutely not okay these days to add barriers to people with mobility issues. I use a walker, a lot of people, including children, use wheelchairs. If "modern zoos" call themselfs modern, they should also think of giving the same expierience to everyone.

I know we won't have disabled guests in Planet Zoo. Still, I think it wouldn't harm players to be sensitive with such topics and include them. Uzuri Gardens (Planco Project by maskedbandit, Geekism and others) includes wheelchair places in their aquarium for example.

These are beautiful pictures. But while I see the aquarium one I have to add my two cents of what I see: It annoys me to pieces that that you can obviously only reach the glass and be up close with the animals through stairs. No ramps. It's absolutely not okay these days to add barriers to people with mobility issues. I use a walker, a lot of people, including children, use wheelchairs. If "modern zoos" call themselfs modern, they should also think of giving the same expierience to everyone.

I know we won't have disabled guests in Planet Zoo. Still, I think it wouldn't harm players to be sensitive with such topics and include them. Uzuri Gardens (Planco Project by maskedbandit, Geekism and others) includes wheelchair places in their aquarium for example.

I agree with you completely, excellent point. I have been fortunate enough to visit many zoological and aquarium institutions in several continents, and this an issue that is often overlooked in as you very well said many modern zoos. Some, however are doing quite a good job, in Europe, due to the age and space limitations of many of the exhibits being constructed or refurbished, ramps are not often common, and many times stairs are the only access point to these up close viewing areas. The San Diego Zoo as an example, by U.S standards a zoo that exhibited quite some history on its grounds, had an area of the zoo, that while stunning, was quite outdated, and featured some very large set of stairs that get to the outdated animal enclosures. This area primarily was known as cat canyon, there a number of caged enclosures set in different ground levels, only reached by stairs. While the zoo had done a great job through the years adding handicap accessible pathways, and wheelchair specific electric ramps, this area was still highly restricted for visitors with mobility challenges. The area in question has recently been turned into the biggest zoological exhibit in the zoo's history, Africa Rocks, a modern set of habitats that is completely wheelchair accessibly, as all the stairs are gone and their place has been taken by some very wide ramps. I'm linking a video of the exhibit in case you want to take a look at it, it might give you some extra ideas for your future Planet Zoo parks.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkf0dqLZ36U

Really agree with you for the real zoo and acquarium context; regarding the game, would be interesting to add disabled peoples for both: challenging (new needs that other peoples don't have) and sensibilization.
It could be a great idea, maybe Frontier will do it.

Agree Matteo, it would definitely present the players with a new challenge, and it would make sense, since the game has a strong management element correct? Another excellent idea for those expansion packs. Something tells me the Planet Zoo team is going to have work for a very long time with this game thru the years, if it was up to me, they can just keep on working on expansion packs, the more, the better.

The elephant greenhouse is awesome, I don't know for what zoo this render it is, but remind me Zurich zoo.

I believe you are correct, and yes, it is spectacular. I do love all aspects of zoo design, even though i love historical looking zoos, with buildings that show character and age, while showcasing the animals in modern and suitable habitats, the idea of creating a completely state of the art, somewhat futuristic zoo has me very intrigued. I'm sure that the team at Planet Zoo can come up with all the necessary components and pieces to make this happen.

While much if not all of the base game components might be already finished or desired on, there is always the possibility of future downloads and expansions. One to consider, should be elements that allow players to build a stay of the art modern zoo. Using green and minimalist concepts that rely on the blending of modern zoological architecture with natural features while promoting conservation and recycling that could end up saving the animals's habitats. The Planet Zoo team could provide players with rammed earth foundations, cork, recycled wood planks, bamboo, lots of fiber glass panels and sections, insulated concrete forms, fiber cement, stone, steel, composite, natural fibers and many others. Guess pathways could be made using recycled rubber tires and/or feature natural dirt paths that could minimize the use of other more intrusive materials. Led lights and Green design features could be introduce while educating players on the advantages that these offer to our planet in relation to traditional construction designs. This theme would not only be visually stunning for players as well as offer endless possibilities, but it would heavily promote conservation, sustainability and environmentally responsible zoo exhibit construction.
View attachment 137884View attachment 137885
View attachment 137893View attachment 137896View attachment 137894

Are these pictures of a real zoo that's going to be built, or are they just concepts for a zoo that may be possible in the future?

They look like concepts. Nice and all.

But im no fan of the modern build style to be honest. I like traditional styles more.

But those modern styles certainly will be a good addition as well.

I'm a fan of the original styles, but at the same time, I love the concept of an indoor zoo like these. Mostly because I know people who hate going to zoos due to how hot it gets most of the time.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom