Morai CG Payment

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The Cutter pilot worked up to that Cutter with likely hundreds of hours of work to get the ship in the first place. The Sidewinder pilot just installed the game. How is that a difficult concept to understand? That's like comparing a senior manager who makes $150k/yr with an intern who makes $20k/yr and saying that it isn't "fair" that the manger makes more money working less hours than the intern.

I don't think the terms "logic" and "fail" mean what you think they mean.

In your analogy (and honestly, you're not very good at them) the senior manager is being paid more because he has a different skill set and is ultimately more directly responsible for a larger proportion of the company's profitability, or at least he should be - if he isn't then he's stealing a wage and if I was a shareholder I'd want to know why we were paying some muppet 150k a year to brew up.

If both people were capable of delivering the same performance, they would both be deserving of the same salary.

In the case of a CG the performance measure is tons delivered. It is the only metric.

Therefore if two players deliver the same amount, they are deserving of the same reward.

Sorry, you were saying something about logic?

Last edited:
If you didn't participate in the CG you have no one to blame but yourself. It literally took 1 hour in a cutter to make it to the top 10%.

The Gooheimar "Boosting the Federal Fleet" CG from a few weeks ago had the exact same reward tier; it just didn't go to tier 8 because they put it 2-3 jumps away from the nearest L pad supply of any of the materials needed. (Inara info on it is incorrect, I got ~30m from top 10% @ tier 4 when it ended).

So either FD made the same mistake twice in a few weeks and is only just now realizing it because this one went all the way, or it was made this way intentionally.

If it's a bug and they want mine back, I'm glad to see it go. I didn't spend a penny of the $332 million I got.

Either way, I'll be glad for clarification tomorrow.

In your analogy (and honestly, you're not very good at them)

My analogies are fine, you simply have extreme difficulty understanding them. Not sure why that is but I don't think it is something I can help you with.

the senior manager is being paid more because he has a different skill set and is ultimately more directly responsible for a larger proportion of the company's profitability, or at least he should be - if he isn't then he's stealing a wage and if I was a shareholder I'd want to know why we were paying some muppet 150k a year to brew up.

Similarly, that Cutter pilot has many more hours into the game than the Sidewinder pilot. That was never the issue, it's that the boss in my analogy walked into a specific floor of a building and rewarded those employees out of proportion to their work. It has nothing to do with comparing Mangers (Cutters) to Interns (Sidewinders). You are not even understanding my anaology at all by mixing it up with a completely different and unrelated concept.

If both people were capable of delivering the same performance, they would both be deserving of the same salary.

In the case of a CG the performance measure is tons delivered. It is the only metric.

Therefore if two players deliver the same amount, they are deserving of the same reward.

Yes, because it is designed to reward players who have worked their way up to larger ships and can do combat/trading/exploration more efficiently. The entire point it to scale the rewards based on what the CMDR is capable of achieving with their ship so more experienced players can earn larger rewards. That is a completely different issue to having a buggy CG payout where what should have been a 10-20 million credit reward is accidentally given out as a 100-200 million credit reward. You are not even following the entire point of my analogy or the topic in question here.

Sorry, you were saying something about logic?

Yes you seem to have trouble with it. Sorry that I can't help you with that. I blame the decline in the public education system, although I suppose it is also quite possible that you simply aren't capable of thinking in a particularly logical or rational manner.

I'll just copy my thoughts from A.CG.T. here.

Could it be something about actual final figures (26.6M) and projected Tier 8 cutoff (25M)? If someone delivered enough goods to move him or her into the next tier after 25M was actually reached (no one (except FD) knows the exact time it was reached due to mission board 1-hour lag), would that person be eligible for higher reward or not? And what if he or she knocked out someone to lower tier?

That is exactly my point. The CG payout is clearly not in line with prior CGs and the payout amounts make no sense. The issue here is that the responses I'm seeing is "well I got the money so I'm entitled to it". That is the issue I have here. If you are overpaid at work, they employer has the right to get that money back, you can't "keep" what isn't yours. Same with taxes, if you underpay your taxes and it goes unnoticed for several years, then the government has the right to get that money back from you. This also applies in reverse, just because your employer or the government makes a mistake doesn't mean they get to keep your money if you earned it. Players who have benefitted from FD's mistake with this CG are trying to pretend it's "good for the game" or some such nonsense when it clearly isn't. It's good for them and unfair for everyone else who didn't get an extra zero added on to their CG payout amount by mistake.

Bruh I have a whole box of Sirius Corp Tissues for you to dry your face with if you need them. Fancy new commodity. Works really well.

We've known for days that the payout would be unusually high. You could look at the CG at any time. People were talking about it. You missed the boat. That's fine. You haven't lost anything because you weren't going to go and participate anyway, right? Cry less and be aware of what's going on next time.

Cry less and be aware of what's going on next time.

I'm not crying about anything, I'm stating that when FD makes these kind of mistakes it encourages players who didn't benefit from the "bug" to spend their gaming time elsewhere. I have no shortage of other games to spend my time on and between 2.1.05 and bugs like the recent CG I don't have any particular reason to keep playing Elite at the moment. In fact there isn't really any point in returning until around Nov. once they have "released" 2.2 for around a month or so and finished the public "beta test" of that expansion. It doesn't make any real difference to me at the moment if Elite isn't a well balanced game because I have no control over this and will simply spend my time elsewhere until there is some reason for me to return to the game.

Last edited:
Bruh I have a whole box of Sirius Corp Tissues for you to dry your face with.......

[h=2]Definition of bruh[/h]

[FONT=&quot]plural [h=2]-s[/h][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1: the pig-tailed macaque (Macaca nemestrina) of the East Indies
  • [FONT=&quot]2: any of various macaques

"I do not think that word means what you think it does"[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I love how the people that didn't participate are crying about how it's not fair and opening tickets. If you look to the past, Fdev will not reverse the credits.

Except for the players who didn't participate in the buggy CG. Particularly starting players for whom 100 million credits of "free" money would make a massive difference. It is far worse for FD to correct a bug than to allow some players to profit immensely for no particular reason, it's not like the CG participants "expected" that was going to be their payout.

I didn't get to participate in the CG where people were selling gems for insane amounts of profit because I was away for work. I now demand that everyone's profits from that CG be taken away because I didn't have the opportunity to participate. Others should not reap the benefits of their work because I say so.

Honestly, the sense of self entitlement and the petty, almost psychotic and sadistic need to manage how others experience ED is beyond belief. I have never seen a video gaming community like this. You would think that ED having an older average player base, generally speaking, would cut back on this sort of juvenile, hysterical college student level . But holy crud, there are people on this forum who cannot just live and let live. This mentality is infantile.

Next thing you know, people will be calling for in-game wealth redistribution, because people who have been playing the game longer than them having more credits is "unfair" or something.

Last edited:
My analogies are fine, you simply have extreme difficulty understanding them. Not sure why that is but I don't think it is something I can help you with.

No, you certainly aren't going to be able to help me with that. I know why it is though, it's because your analogies are risible as I already pointed out.

Similarly, that Cutter pilot has many more hours into the game than the Sidewinder pilot. That was never the issue, it's that the boss in my analogy walked into a specific floor of a building and rewarded those employees out of proportion to their work. It has nothing to do with comparing Mangers (Cutters) to Interns (Sidewinders). You are not even understanding my anaology at all by mixing it up with a completely different and unrelated concept.

Oh dear. As I said, your analogy is worthless. It is worthless because in order for it to have any validity whatsoever here, the only metric by which the value of an employee would be measured would be the time that he has previously spent working. Even leaving aside that it's a nonsense when applied to the world of work, a computer game is in no way analogous to that particular sphere.

And there are players like myself, who have 1000 hours into the game, who are questioning whether the buggy game mechanics are worth investing any more of my time.

I have well over 1,000 hours into it myself by the way and my assets were over a billion before this CG so don't confuse yourself by imagining that I'm somehow arguing from the perspective of someone about to see their sainted cash cow slaughtered. I could have the credits from this CG taken off me tomorrow and not miss them at all.

In the words of Meatloaf:

'Baby you can cry all night. But that ain't getting us nowhere.'

It's 4am here, I'm off to bed.

Last edited:
No, you certainly aren't going to be able to help me with that. I know why it is though, it's because your analogies are risible as I already pointed out.

Oh dear. As I said, your analogy is worthless. It is worthless because in order for it to have any validity whatsoever here, the only metric by which the value of an employee would be measured would be the time that he has previously spent working. Even leaving aside that it's a nonsense when applied to the world of work, a computer game is in no way analogous to that particular sphere.

I have well over 1,000 hours into it myself by the way and my assets were over a billion before this CG so don't confuse yourself by imagining that I'm somehow arguing from the perspective of someone about to see their sainted cash cow slaughtered. I could have the credits from this CG taken off me tomorrow and not miss them at all.

In the words of Meatloaf:

'Baby you can cry all night. But that ain't getting us nowhere.'

It's 4am here, I'm off to bed.

Speaking of companies and work, I really wish that for fed v imp cgs, they would restrict it so you could only pick one side.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom