Morai CG Payment

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20160830-011419_zpsmhizutbl.png

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Spend quick

That doesn't necessarily mean the totals are wrong. It could simply mean that they're checking that people got the level of reward they were entitled to, given how laggy the server was toward the end and how frantic some people were trying to get their last load in under the wire.

Honestly from a lore standpoint, the high CG payout it isn't as outrageous as people are making it out to be.

This isn't some local bartender who got himself lost in space. This is the Empire, with thousands of inhabited systems under its control.

The galaxy has at least 6.4 trillion inhabitants, so it's safe to say the Empire has at least 1 trillion citizens.

According to my calculations, the Empire distributed a little over 1.4 trillion credits in total to the 12,000 contributors.

That's only 1 credit of tax money per Imperial citizen.

For that reason alone I think they should leave it as is. Nevermind the logistical nightmare they'll face for revoking credits that were already spent.

Not to mention the rage. Oh the rage will be so real...

I'll put on the popcorn!

Last edited:
When there are bugs that cause CMDRs to lose credits, they reimburse us quite reliably. It stands to reason that when a bug causes CMDRs to get credits they should not have that this would also be corrected.

In both cases FD is responsible. If they give CMDRs too much credits it would simply be a nice thing to do to let the players keep the credits. It wasn't the players fault.

But honestly I don't care if the players can keep the credits or not. I think it would be a nice thing to do for FD if they let the players keep the credits.

Oh for heaven's sake frontier made a mistake and are now probably having to check people all got what the CG was supposed to hand out. Empire are filthy rich it's not like they can't afford it (if people simply must have some lore/ RP reason).

I'd like to see frontier actually own the mistake for once rather than prattling on like an idiot and then making a complete hash out of it from a PR perspective.

Move. On.

I have lost 500t during the CG that first were count but gone after hyperjump. Didn't mentioned since i reached the top 10% anyways.

But yes, making 10% of my total assets in 5h seems legit xD as soon as i'm home i will by 2 placeholder condas.

TIS MONEY IS MINE!!!! :D

The empire just wanted that the cmdrs buy combatships and A-fit them because we lost every combat CG in the last time :(
Maybe they thought that the reason for this is that imperial cmdrs can't afford good ships xD

Last edited:
I feel sorry if they take the credits away and someone just got a new ship. If it is bug fine. But don't punish people for it. You people got a nice payout wish i did not pass this cg off.

In both cases FD is responsible. If they give CMDRs too much credits it would simply be a nice thing to do to let the players keep the credits. It wasn't the players fault.

But honestly I don't care if the players can keep the credits or not. I think it would be a nice thing to do for FD if they let the players keep the credits.

Except for the players who didn't participate in the buggy CG. Particularly starting players for whom 100 million credits of "free" money would make a massive difference. It is far worse for FD to correct a bug than to allow some players to profit immensely for no particular reason, it's not like the CG participants "expected" that was going to be their payout.

Except for the players who didn't participate in the buggy CG. Particularly starting players for whom 100 million credits of "free" money would make a massive difference. It is far worse for FD to correct a bug than to allow some players to profit immensely for no particular reason, it's not like the CG participants "expected" that was going to be their payout.

There's always something. Also the totals were actually showing up against CG totals, so yes people cottoned on pretty quick when the last teir appeared.

Game is not intrinsically fair. Frontier made a mistake, it's going to happen from time to time. And there's almost always somewhere, where credits can be made at an accelerated rate.

I bet quite a few commanders had the time of their lives and that will now fuel many more hours of game enjoyment. Don't chew the salt, friend, it's not healthy. :)

I didn't partake. My two commander accounts are out at Jaques. So it affected me too. But if any recent millionaires want to donate to Jaques to help the old boy out so he can pay a bunch of explorers, go crazy. Make it rain. :D

How does 200 million credits benefit someone in way thats detrimental to anyone else? Theres absolutely no form of player to player economy lol (one of the serious downfalls of this game as it pertains to the MMO aspect)

I don't know.
I used to be a loosely federal allied pilot living out of my corvette.
Now after making about 20% of my total assets in 3 hours.
I now own a condo in cubeo and basically flew the middle finger to the federation while flying around in a solid gold courier with the sound system blaring imperial propaganda.
Bask in it. ..bask in the cr.
Thank you empire.

Game is not intrinsically fair. Frontier made a mistake, it's going to happen from time to time. And there's almost always somewhere, where credits can be made at an accelerated rate.

And that, in a nutshell, is the entire problem with Elite. Some players took advantage of Robio to make billions, then FD nerfed it, but we're stuck a significant number of "harmless" ranked Corvette owners as a result. Some players took advantage of Tun/Tamar to get navy rank quickly, then FD nerfed it, but now we're stuck with a ridiculously slow rank grind where most players can't get past Baron without spending hundreds of hours ranking up and the Corvette/Cutter is out of reach. If FD can't make their game consistent and fair for all players, then their game will fail because dedicated players will go elsewhere when they see their efforts are not proportional to rewards. Given that I have spent over 1000 playing Elite I would prefer for the game to have a viable future going forward, rather than a situation where players are encouraged to find the most exploitive/buggy/broken mechanics to progress.

I thought that imperial citizens don't pay taxes. Patronage system and all that.

The Tax rate is set by the Senators.
We had examples of Zero tax when independent systems were enslaved en-mass, effectively paying that years tax bill.
Exception, not the rule, and would have been done to steal clients from Patrons who did charge tax.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom