More Animal Signs

Hello Frontier, could you add more species signs (particularly just the heads of animals as signs) to the Planet Zoo theme with species such as Red Panda, Indian Elephant, Saltwater Crocodile, Komodo Dragon, just all the zoo classics, and like every DLC should be updated to add those signs to the Planet Zoo theme of those animals in those DLCs.

Hello Frontier, could you add more species signs (particularly just the heads of animals as signs) to the Planet Zoo theme with species such as Red Panda, Indian Elephant, Saltwater Crocodile, Komodo Dragon, just all the zoo classics, and like every DLC should be updated to add those signs to the Planet Zoo theme of those animals in those DLCs.
I agree! Yesterday I built a snow leopard habitat and realised that there is no sign for this animal (amongst others).

I agree, the animal signs and art are great but we don’t have anything consistent that covers all the animals in the game.

I want to bring back this thread because I think this is a common request not only on the forum but also on many popular youtubers' videos. These are all the signs we currently have:
20210111134013_1.jpg

Individually, they are all good. However, if we look at them as a whole, then problems star to arise:

- Lack of signs for some species (flamingo, snow leopard, African wild dog, saltwater crocodile, camel, scorpion, tapir, aardvark...

- Signs for animals that are not in the game: dromedary, deer, cobra, African rhino...

- If we look at signs of the same style or pack, we see some inconcistencies:
- the cassowary signs is completeley different from the other Australian signs (more on the koala later).​
- the South American tapestries with the signs of llama, jaguar, anteater and monkey are not placed in the "signs" menu, which can lead to people not finding them.​
- some pieces don't have the name of the animal they show in the tags, so when we type to search a sign for an animal they don't show up (the red panda and pangolin ones, for example).​
- Scale issues:
- the Artic animals signs are tiny. Polar bears need the largest habitat in the game, yet they have a tiny sign,​
- the scale change between different styles is quite noticeable: the penguin is almost the same size as an elephant. Since they are different styles, it can be understood. However...​
- the scale in the same style is also sometimes wrong:​
- the koala sign is larger than a red kangaroo sign.​
- in the white shape forms, lemurs are larger than wolves. The alligator sign is also very small.​
Please don't get me wrong, I love the work done by Frontier and the design of all these pieces is pretty cool. The problem that I see, and that many people seem to complain about too, is the lack of harmonisation. It is impossible to create a zoo with more than 4 animals that keeps the same style throughout the whole zoo. So I would like to ask once again for a whole set in the same style and with adequate scale for all the animals in the game. I think the best way to go is for a flexicolour neutral style, like the white one we already have.

I really hope Frontier notice this.

With every free update/DLC I have been hoping that this could be the time they add some of this stuff. When SA was announced I hoped to see stuff for the tapir and Galapagos tortoise in the scenery pack. Same for the saltwater crocodile in both the Australian and the Aquatic pack. But no. Even the exhibit animals in the DLCs have gotten a lot of attention in this area, while they only got a few generic pieces in the base game. No items for the deluxe animals either.

I worked on a zoo with a big focus on reptiles. The only habitat reptile I had scenery for was the gharial and for whatever reason an alligator (and now the caiman). And animals like Giant Tortoises, Komodo Dragons and large Crocodilians are really common to see statues of in real zoos. They easily get a life like feel because they don't have feathers or fur and are quite plane in their color. At the same time they have a good size for a kid to sit on for a picture.

I am starting to fear they won't look into it, but at this point I wouldn't mind to see a sign/statue pack instead of a new scenery pack.

Well, if Frontier added animal songs of animals not in the game, could that be yet another subtle hint of what they may add to the future? I'm actually surprised cobras aren't in the game (I don't always put small animals because I lose track of breeding and then end up with 15 titan beetles that can only live with 7)

I wish there would be a Version of the flexicolor Signs where the Colors don't look so pale. I've made a planted Area near the Hyena Enclosure where I've used the Signs as standing Silhouettes and some of those Hyenas aren't looking really good because they are so pale

I wish there would be a Version of the flexicolor Signs where the Colors don't look so pale. I've made a planted Area near the Hyena Enclosure where I've used the Signs as standing Silhouettes and some of those Hyenas aren't looking really good because they are so pale

I rarely use them for the same reason. The paleness make them look kind of cartoonish even though the shapes are realistic looking. I wish they were in the texture of plaster or concrete. Then I would probably use them a lot.

Top Bottom