More birds!

Even if flying birds aren't possible quite yet, there are still some ground-dwelling birds that could make it into the game. Things like quail, kiwis, and the kakapo. Especially since flightless birds like the kakapo are often endangered. (And of course there's the emu, but I'm wondering if there's an Australian DLC planned....) But yes, even if flying birds aren't quite there yet, please add some more ground-dwelling birds. The species list needs more birds.

Kakapo tend not to be kept in captivity (except rescue birds) and are especially not exported out of New Zealand. From a conservation perspective, I'd rather not see them in-game. I would be okay with the kiwi if we had a nocturnal house system implemented, purely for realism.

Personally I'd rather they tried to find a way to make peafowl (and other future pheasants or waterfowl) free-roaming. I have wondered if there's a way to make the animal work a bit like the staff do, where you can assign them to a "work zone" that they never leave. That way you can keep their food/water/enrichment contained to a specific part of the zoo and they won't wander off to starve or die of thirst. I'd like to see the Lady Amhearst's and golden pheasants added at some point if we can make them free-roaming, and the Himalayan monal would be a good one to add to complete the Himalayan exhibit (with the red pandas, snow leopards, and so on).

I agree that I'd rather the emu was added with other Australian animals. I hope that Frontier realises as well that emu can be put in walkthrough enclosures (Auckland Zoo and Wellington Zoo here in New Zealand do that and it works perfectly, and they're mixed with grey kangaroos).

I'd also like to see the American/Caribbean flamingo added. I know it will be a copy-paste animal, but the colours are just so much more vivid than on the greater flamingo.

Kakapo tend not to be kept in captivity (except rescue birds) and are especially not exported out of New Zealand. From a conservation perspective, I'd rather not see them in-game. I would be okay with the kiwi if we had a nocturnal house system implemented, purely for realism.

Personally I'd rather they tried to find a way to make peafowl (and other future pheasants or waterfowl) free-roaming. I have wondered if there's a way to make the animal work a bit like the staff do, where you can assign them to a "work zone" that they never leave. That way you can keep their food/water/enrichment contained to a specific part of the zoo and they won't wander off to starve or die of thirst. I'd like to see the Lady Amhearst's and golden pheasants added at some point if we can make them free-roaming, and the Himalayan monal would be a good one to add to complete the Himalayan exhibit (with the red pandas, snow leopards, and so on).

I agree that I'd rather the emu was added with other Australian animals. I hope that Frontier realises as well that emu can be put in walkthrough enclosures (Auckland Zoo and Wellington Zoo here in New Zealand do that and it works perfectly, and they're mixed with grey kangaroos).

I'd also like to see the American/Caribbean flamingo added. I know it will be a copy-paste animal, but the colours are just so much more vivid than on the greater flamingo.

(Huh, I didn't know that about the kakapo... I guess I thought that there might be a captive breeding program or something for them.)

And for me, free-roaming birds don't matter so much. I just want to see more birds. Another flamingo would be nice. And other wading birds too, now I think of it. They can fly, but so much of their life is on the ground and in the water. And there are so many beautiful wading birds.... I'm personally hoping for a "Rivers and Coasts" sort of DLC which could include wading birds as well as semi-aquatic animals like river otters.

At this point, I'd be happy to see any additional birds in-game, because their current representation is confined to three species.

(Huh, I didn't know that about the kakapo... I guess I thought that there might be a captive breeding program or something for them.)

And for me, free-roaming birds don't matter so much. I just want to see more birds. Another flamingo would be nice. And other wading birds too, now I think of it. They can fly, but so much of their life is on the ground and in the water. And there are so many beautiful wading birds.... I'm personally hoping for a "Rivers and Coasts" sort of DLC which could include wading birds as well as semi-aquatic animals like river otters.

At this point, I'd be happy to see any additional birds in-game, because their current representation is confined to three species.

I don't doubt we'll see penguins in due time, and I'll riot if they don't add the emu to the eventual Australian DLC we all know must be coming. It's such a quintessential part of Australian exhibits in zoos yet it never appeared in Zoo Tycoon or (as far as I'm aware) any other zoo game.

Yes, please kiwis! They are such unique looking birds, their feathers look like a fur and their long beaks are cute as hell.

Other birds I would like to see are secretary birds and of course penguins.

Top Bottom