More Dinos with Wet Spacing

As you know, the spinosaurs now need Wetland M2 in their enclosures (water with the Coastal Brush), but 3 seems too little. So far, I’m choosing species contemporary to those guys. It’s only 4, but it’s a start.
Carcharodontosaurus
Iguanodon
Ouranosaurus
Polacanthus
Also Euoplocephalus for the sake of Claire’s Campaign (that’s now 5)
Any more choices? As for the trait genes, which animals like 10-30% more Wetland and 10-30% less?

Just because some dinosaurs are found in what were wetter climates does not necessarily mean that they were in the habit of living in or near water most of the time. Some animals might just have been passing through. In the wet river basins of the Kem Kem beds spinosaurids, fish and crocs are quite common. But Carcharodontosaurids are much rarer, suggesting they didn't habitually live in the same environment as spinosaurs seemed to have done. So I don't think a wetland requirement makes much sense for Carcharodontosaurus as it was likely just passing through.
Though a lot of study is still needed to confirm such an idea.

Such info is available for the Jurassic Como Bluff though.
Ceratosaurs have evidence of mostly eating fish and crocs through different seasons. So it's an obvious candidate for having a wetland requirement as well as preferring fish over regular meat. There is also evidence that Allosaurs didn't eat fish all year round. So it might also have passed through the area and generally eaten from a different food source.

Source:
Bakker and Bir, 2004, Dinosaur crime scene investigations. Theropod behavior at Como Bluff, Wyoming, and the evolution of birdness.

Just because some dinosaurs are found in what were wetter climates does not necessarily mean that they were in the habit of living in or near water most of the time. Some animals might just have been passing through. In the wet river basins of the Kem Kem beds spinosaurids, fish and crocs are quite common. But Carcharodontosaurids are much rarer, suggesting they didn't habitually live in the same environment as spinosaurs seemed to have done. So I don't think a wetland requirement makes much sense for Carcharodontosaurus as it was likely just passing through.
Though a lot of study is still needed to confirm such an idea.

Such info is available for the Jurassic Como Bluff though.
Ceratosaurs have evidence of mostly eating fish and crocs through different seasons. So it's an obvious candidate for having a wetland requirement as well as preferring fish over regular meat. There is also evidence that Allosaurs didn't eat fish all year round. So it might also have passed through the area and generally eaten from a different food source.

Source:
Bakker and Bir, 2004, Dinosaur crime scene investigations. Theropod behavior at Como Bluff, Wyoming, and the evolution of birdness.
Though I doubt they’ll have Cerato go fishing, that’s a better replacement than Carchar. I’m just looking for more species that like to hang in the swamp. Maybe Chasmosaurus? And I still need the trait gene for more Wetland (I just realized less is actually too much).

Top Bottom