More exhibit case types + new exhibit animals

I would really like to see Frontier introduce more variety in the exhibit cases. It would be great to see things like larger exhibit cases that can hold more animals before overcrowding takes place, as well as new shapes for exhibit cases like large rectangles, large squares, cylindrical cases, dome cases, etc.

Additionally, I would also like to see more species variety in the exhibit animals. Currently, it's pretty much all snakes, frogs/toads, and spiders/beetles. It would be nice to see some small mammals, fish, turtles, and more insect variety with things like butterflies, moths, ants, bees/wasps, etc.

Mammals don't do well in enclosed glass spaces (hence why pet reptiles/amphibians can be kept behind glass, but any decent pet store will sell you a cage for a rat or a chichilla.

I would definitely like to see more variety, but when it comes to small mammals a different system would be better, IMO.

Mammals don't do well in enclosed glass spaces (hence why pet reptiles/amphibians can be kept behind glass, but any decent pet store will sell you a cage for a rat or a chichilla.

I would definitely like to see more variety, but when it comes to small mammals a different system would be better, IMO.
The Poznan Zoo would disagree
full

a 1x2 or 1x3 squares reeftank would be nice. maybe with fishhappyness depends on the kind of Anthozoa you are researching and adding. i think the reduced animations like for the exhibit-animals would be enough for this.

The Poznan Zoo would disagree

The Poznan Zoo doesn't have the ideal conditions for those animals, then. Mammals (and birds) need a lot more ventilation and air flow than reptiles/amphibians, and too much glass causes too much carbon dioxide to build up. If it's only glass on one side with a ventilated roof and/or back then it might be okay, but it isn't statistically insignificant that small mammals such as rats kept in glass/plexiglass enclosures suffer more commonly from respiratory problems. I can see in that image that there is a vent in the top left corner; if that is actively pumping and circulating air, then those animals should be fine, but if it's just an escape hatch I wouldn't consider it perfect animal welfare.

In any case, Eastern Europe/Russia aren't known for their stellar zoos.

The Poznan Zoo doesn't have the ideal conditions for those animals, then. Mammals (and birds) need a lot more ventilation and air flow than reptiles/amphibians, and too much glass causes too much carbon dioxide to build up. If it's only glass on one side with a ventilated roof and/or back then it might be okay, but it isn't statistically insignificant that small mammals such as rats kept in glass/plexiglass enclosures suffer more commonly from respiratory problems. I can see in that image that there is a vent in the top left corner; if that is actively pumping and circulating air, then those animals should be fine, but if it's just an escape hatch I wouldn't consider it perfect animal welfare.

In any case, Eastern Europe/Russia aren't known for their stellar zoos.

To be entirely fair, the exhibit cases in game are climate controlled for temperature and humidity so it's not really a stretch to imagine they're capable of having ventilation systems too. If that's not really an acceptable answer and still feels too unrealistic, then again, it still leads back into the original desire for more variety in exhibit case types. They could just add cases that use metal mesh or something like that instead of glass and mammals too small for a large habitat could be placed in those types of cases.

To be entirely fair, the exhibit cases in game are climate controlled for temperature and humidity so it's not really a stretch to imagine they're capable of having ventilation systems too. If that's not really an acceptable answer and still feels too unrealistic, then again, it still leads back into the original desire for more variety in exhibit case types. They could just add cases that use metal mesh or something like that instead of glass and mammals too small for a large habitat could be placed in those types of cases.

Probably the best way would be to have the windows be two thirds glass with the top third as ventilated mesh (or even the top quarter or fifth), or to include some kind of token ventilation system. That said, you are right, the exhibits are climate controlled, and not entirely realistic to begin with (hence this topic, I guess - why am I shoving six snails into the same size terrarium as an iguana?

Top Bottom