More possiblilities for triggers

Hello,

I would like to have more possibilities for triggers.
I wanted to make a waterfall that stops flowing before a ride pass thru it.
But with the current trigger setup I can't do that.

Can you make triggers that keeps special effects running but ones triggered stop the effect for the duration specified in the special effect.

TIA
Thuin

In most cases, you can actually do what you want to do right now but it's trickier than it should be.

I wanted to have a light on as a car entered the area and go off when the car was in the area and was actually able to do it. I placed the trigger where I wanted the door going into the area to open. On that trigger I also had the light come at the same time as the door was triggered. So it looks like the light was on before the door opened. Then I set the light to stay on about 18 seconds (which was just the right timing to turn off a the right moment). Took a while to get the timing right.

In your case, you'll need to turn the waterfall special affects on before the log/raft/car can see it and then have the duration of the waterfall effects be tuned so that it will stop right before they get to it.

Since you have to change the duration on the item itself and the time it goes on in the ride trigger, it's a bit of tedious back and forth to tune it. Should be an easier way like a button for trigger on or trigger off and the duration.

Joël

Hello,

I would like to have more possibilities for triggers.
I wanted to make a waterfall that stops flowing before a ride pass thru it.
But with the current trigger setup I can't do that.

Can you make triggers that keeps special effects running but ones triggered stop the effect for the duration specified in the special effect.

TIA
Thuin
Excellent idea! I can already think of a nice application for this suggestion.