Mosasaurus?

It's been somewhat officially confirmed (via Twitter) that they're currently focusing on land dinosaurs. So no, Mosasaurus is not confirmed and will likely not be in the game at launch. However, they hinted that flying/marine dinos could be added later. If the game does well (and I'm sure it will) I bet we'll get expansions.

Last edited:
The key problem is marine creatures and pterosaurs would require special enclosures and additional mechanics for constructing those, and I imagine Frontier didn't focus on that level of detail at lunch for a handful of species each. It would also be difficult to make a lot of variation on tanks and aviaries - I imagine it didn't seem worth the level of resources they're currently using. Still, I'm sure they recognize in full that fans will want these creatures down the line and hopefully have something planned.

For downloads though, it would be good to release the tools to build such enclosures and a package of three or so creatures for each - one for marine life (Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus?) and one for pterosaurs (Pteranodon, Dimorphodon, Cearadactylus?) would be good choices of downloadable content.

I think one of the pictures on the website shows what looks like a mosa enclosure. I think it is a grenade building though.

Top Bottom