Most and least favorite ships.

Because the forums have cycled back into "fleet carrier (same 2 questions here)" and im bored, I would like to know what your favorite ships are. Maybe not the most useful, but the ones you like the most or have the most fun with. Of course im sure you all know what my favorite ships are, but i don't know what any of your favorite ships are.

Favorite ships: Corvette, Cutter, Type 9, AspX
Former favorite ships that I don't fly much anymore: Cobra Mk3, Type 6.
Don't love but using them due to usefulness: Python, DBX.
Kinda meaning to get back to loving but haven't yet: Vulture, FGS.
Haven't used it enough yet: Krait Mk2, Type 10
Have used but really don't like: Type 7
Have used but hate: Beluga (you knew this was coming, didn't ya? :D)

Favorite ships: Corvette, Cutter, Type 9, AspX
Former favorite ships that I don't fly much anymore: Cobra Mk3, Type 6.
Don't love but using them due to usefulness: Python, DBX.
Kinda meaning to get back to loving but haven't yet: Vulture, FGS.
Haven't used it enough yet: Krait Mk2, Type 10
Have used but really don't like: Type 7
Have used but hate: Beluga (you knew this was coming, didn't ya? :D)
Grrrr:(

My absolute favorites, in decending order, are the Anaconda, Fer-de-Lance, and Krait mkII.

Least favorite: Beluga. Sorry, but it’s the only ship I’ve ever thought of purging from my fleet.

I played elite on and off for three years, but no ship really felt like it was 'mine' so to speak, until i tried the Krait Phantom. It has a 63 LY jump range, an interesting and comfortable cockpit, and after 3 weeks in space it began to feel as much a home as a spaceship, it's definitely my favourite. It also helps that the good folks on the discord tweaked it for me, my own engineering attempts being somewhat lacking in competence. I'm trying to like the Federal Gunship at the moment because i spent a ton of materials engineering it, it's my only combat ship but no luck so far, it doesn't feel 'right' and will probably get sold eventually.

My favorites are the Chieftain and DBS. DBS for pure flying fun, Chieftain for effectiveness.

Least favorite, the Viper. I can't stand the Viper's cockpit, total tunnel vision. Wanted to build a speedy dog fighter, but couldn't stand it.

I ‘made it’ in a Python. Still have lots of love for it.

The Dolphin. I adore it. Great for exploring. Will land or turn on a sixpence. Good speed, great noise. Will carry just about all you need. Sensible jump range. Nice view. Looks amazing at 0% paint.

I hate the Anaconda. I think I hate it because it seems to be the be all and end all with others. Because it’s just horrible to fly. Feels impersonal. Looks ugly. Everyone has one.

Gunship cos of the way it looks (ThePilot is crazy, it's the most beast looking ship in the game, not ugly), and I'm rather partial to my mamba too. I don't like the vulture, well I do, but having only two hardpoints makes it so 2 dimensional and boring, plus no fighting shields down, that canopy, lol.

Because the forums have cycled back into "fleet carrier (same 2 questions here)" and im bored, I would like to know what your favorite ships are. Maybe not the most useful, but the ones you like the most or have the most fun with. Of course im sure you all know what my favorite ships are, but i don't know what any of your favorite ships are.
I've only owned one ship that I really hated. Type-9. Hateful soulless brick. Even engineered it as far as I could. The conda is a horrid thing too. Big ships are mostly awful, but I've learnt to get along okay with my beluga.

I would have a hard time choosing one so I will give my top 3 favorites:
1. Vulture
2. Krait MkII
3. …………..Beluga, I'm not just saying that for the benefit of the OP, I genuinely like it as can be seen from some of my previous posts on the forum.

For least favorite I'm going with the Anaconda. It has no soul.

Fav
Cutter, corvette, phantom. cobra mkIII
Hate
Sidewinder Because its the forced starter ship... So happy to leave it behind...
Hauler because the name is a lie... this ship is pointless just go instantly to an adder or better and forget this junk of a ship...

I am a HUGE fan of both the Python and the Cobra III. While I no longer fly either, I have both Python Hertz Donut and Cobra Screaming Weasel in my hangar; never to be abandoned. Both figure significantly in my fiction writing; both are elegant, stylish and freakin' cool-looking.

I have since become rather enamored of Xeno's Paradox; the Krait II I shredded Thargoids with. The nastier brother of the Python, she's fast, tough and toothy. I am quickly falling in love with HMCS Algonquin, my Canadian Space Navy Corvette...and the Federation can go hang. ;) She's got the Maple Leaf on her now, buds!

Ships I do NOT like: er...are few. They all have their good points. I liked the Keelback's stolid reliability in my early days VO mining, and while both the T-9 and Defender are absolutely MASSIVE, with a little care they're still excellent miners.
The only ships I can say I didn't like was the Fed Assault Ship and the bloody Vulture. They have their good points, but neither match my needs or my playstyle. The 'Conda is kind of 'meh' as well; it's...OK; and once I engineer it up I'm sure it will be excellent. I just don't like the looks of the thing.

Top Bottom