Moving to Colonia - a Travelogue

I'm moving to Colonia! I will be travelling the Colonia Connection Highway via a bunch of interesting sightseeing locations along the way.

e6KfdRg.jpg

I've sold up, and will be travelling in my trusty Asp, the Matariki:
F6yrzP3.png

Route URL: https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-routes/show/id/1397/name/Moving+to+Colonia

51 legs, Let's do this!

Last edited:
Have fun!

*mandatory propaganda* please consult the local player factions *cough* CCN *cough* about where is the best place to sell your data when you arrive :D

And post some pictures while you're at it :)

Leg 1:

A short leg to ease into proceedings.
Our first leg takes us to a mysterious abandoned exploration camp.

Leaving the Okinura System and my home of Fisher Terminal:
zF5dAk4.jpg

Arriving at Orbital Body 6H
0qx2w1K.jpg

And the abandoned camp:
noPvp52.jpg

su3ZysP.jpg

Camping outside in my ASP while a tourist Orca orbits overhead:
YSkTyo4.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from the first one that is hosted by Imgur, I'm not seeing the images,
Google wants me to login, which I'm not going to do.
You probably need to make them public or something.
It's one of the reasons I like Imgur for sharing images.

Otherwise I likeee.

Last edited:
Leg 3

Leg three took us to the Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex which consists of two nebula: The dark absorption Rho Ophiuchi Nebula (IC 4603), and the small reflection Rho Ophiuchus Nebula (IC 4604).

I went va The 'Coronet' Pulsar, a binary pulsar system.

Takeoff:
7EqwU6u.jpg

At the 'Coronet' binary pulsar system:
bp8j495.jpg

At the The Rho Ophiuchi cloud complex:
TGMeg6X.jpg

And landed for the night where I can admire the vistas
RZNpgoG.jpg

Our next leg will take us to our first deep space outpost: The Mammon Monitoring Facility

Leg 5

This trip takes us to "The View"

"At only 1400 light-years from Sol, HR 6164 is a popular destination for tourists. The bright O-class star, a neutron star, and two black holes are easily visible from the first planet; along with a excellent view of the planet's rings. The location has simply been labeled 'The View', and a beacon has been established here by Universal Cartographics. Additionally a tourist installation has been installed just outside the jet-cone of the neutron star and provides breathtaking views of this phenomena."

LeavingMammon Monitoring Facility:

CVIFfkL.jpg

Scanning planets along the way

0k1Mmin.jpg

Arriving at HR 6164
9smKQnq.jpg

CGzPEba.jpg

The tourist installation:
OrbZFTE.jpg
....and finally, The View:
6nBAeYp.jpg

Bonus: The Visitor beacon:
T3YZfMX.jpg

The Matariki before retiring for the night
iKWXX4B.jpg

Last edited:
Leg 6

This leg we arrive at the first of the Official Colonia Connection Highway outposts, Hillary Depot. This depot, and the Matariki share a connection: The Earth nation of New Zealand. The Hillary Depot is named after Sir Edmund Hillary, a New Zealand mountaineer who was the first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest. In the Māori language Matariki is both the name of the Pleiades star cluster and also of the season of its first risingin late May or early June.

Leaving The View:

zAQ7bpD.jpg

21-ish Jumps, and many planetary scans later, approaching Hilary Depot, an island of civilisation in a vast black ocean
y8NthL5.jpg

Looks like a bustling little city:
5NHF915.jpg

Settling down on pad 6:
ZUClKfT.jpg

RS7XQiU.jpg

Now, I wonder if there's somewhere comfortable to sleep....

Leg 6

This leg we arrive at the first of the Official Colonia Connection Highway outposts, Hillary Depot. This depot, and the Matariki share a connection: The Earth nation of New Zealand. The Hillary Depot is named after Sir Edmund Hillary, a New Zealand mountaineer who was the first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest. In the Māori language Matariki is both the name of the Pleiades star cluster and also of the season of its first risingin late May or early June.

Leaving The View:

21-ish Jumps, and many planetary scans later, approaching Hilary Depot, an island of civilisation in a vast black ocean

Looks like a bustling little city:

Settling down on pad 6:

Now, I wonder if there's somewhere comfortable to sleep....

I have just arrived Colonia few weeks ago, took me around 2 weeks, around 12 hours of gameplay to get there. Long journey .
I travel on Diamondback explorer. with jump range 48ly.

Leg 7

This leg takes us to a Planetary Nebula containing a binary star. 10,122 million years old, a Wolf-Rayet star with a solar mass of 0.5324 is in orbit with a Class L dwarf with a solar mass of 0.1445.

Take off from Hilary Depot:
1Pqb15x.jpg

The planetary nebula from ~20ly away:
oc8gOGF.jpg

In the NGC 6563 Planetary Nebula system with the Wolf-Rayet star:
ftulN6f.jpg

Landed on a planet in a nearby system for the night:
tJT7mFq.jpg

Leg 9

This trip takes us to the second Colonia Connection Highway outpost, and then onto Attenborough's watch.

Leaving Orbital Body: 9 B:
f3LNBMB.jpg

On approach to Amundsen Terminal:
ukgHeKg.jpg

On the pad waiting for groundcrew to secure the vessel:
AFMIAyQ.jpg

There was a Sagan Class Tourist Ship in the system which I checked out:
QZ7z6dc.jpg

Snug inside Attenborough's watch asteroid base where the crew and staff of 2500 are engaged in scientific research of the water-based life of the gas giant which the base orbits.
H9O1OOs.jpg

Top Bottom