(Snivelling apologies if this is deemed the wrong place for this to be posted, Admins)

I spotted this on my twitter feed, from this account:

y4md0g-qNONrUGHn-F0OSlDYGT-NrZDiZ5HmU2xGua9re0I9SjEeIZb1jQVn1N9x3htzfERC9e90RqmbWMIz-Yr2pYKuGc3AGBS5K218ltVRpq1ZXsjMbDEDAVKPfi3-2x1ma941wYWBAXP8pQOKICAngSYZr4X9WC2rBEe3IxzuP0fKlDIL_99H3bNSSAPEkpRrZmXKvPuUiyQ9Q4vTREUVg

Alas I cannot take the credit for this brainwavium. I thought it was a rather cool idea. Then I wondered what CMDR's here might think? A marine roving vehicle. [woah] Cool! [cool] [up]

I think that this should be a thing, ASAP.

What do you think? Answers on a postcard to, etc, etc.

Last edited:
I love everything about this. The only problem I can see would be if you were in a high g water world. The thrusters might not be able to overcome gravity. Maybe when you recall the ship it just hovers a few feet above the surface of the water so that it can pick up the MRV

It could be a good way to introduce atmospheric landings. Easier than the issue of rendering and populating ELWs. For that matter, some of our basic rocks would be yet easier.

Atmospheric doesnt mean Earth like afterall.

verminstar

Banned
True story but some the best space sim games a few years back like battlestar galactica first developed their game from an engine that was used in an underwater adventure game that flopped, so they sold the engine and the rights to make up the losses to a company who developed it into a space combat game. Its a cheap way to make a game because the physical mechanics of space flight are actually very similar to being underwater...in a game sense that is.

But yeah...altmospheric planetary landings have to come first otherwise it stays a pipe dream, and then theres the part that we cant land on water worlds or earth likes anyway. Not yet anyway...

Another thing that interests me personally is whether or not they plan on developing the gas giants in the near future, as these have been mentioned in the past but the topic has gone a bit quiet now while everyone gets their heads around 3.0. Im half hoping we dont have to wait until Q4 to see a few little tweaks and twerks in the forge

Not opposed, but at this point so much of what they already are doing is undeveloped. I'd rather they focus on putting meat on the admantium skeleton they already have. Adding a finger right now doesn't do much.

Not opposed, but at this point so much of what they already are doing is undeveloped. I'd rather they focus on putting meat on the admantium skeleton they already have. Adding a finger right now doesn't do much.
Eh... I kinda feel Elite will always be a cobbled together mess of legacy design issues. They almost never seem to actually develop ideas and systems to any great degree.

So in that sense I wouldn't really object to them just bolting more things onto it, just for the variety [or the illusion of variety].

Top Bottom