Multicrew needs to be revamped

I've done multicrew with a friend, blowing up pirates in a RES for fun and profit. However, is that all multicrew is for? It helps a bit in combat, and lets you use SLFs. Mining, Trade, Exploration are kind of thrown to the side. I propose that FDev change that:

1 - For players in multicrew, allow the host to set a profit share that applies to everything. If NPCs manage to get a cut of everything even when sitting in a bar drinking Lavian Brandy, players should be able to get paid for actually showing up on the bridge.

2 - Multicrew players get discovery credit for exploration.

3 - Add a "Navigator" or "Engineer" role that boosts jump range. This would be useful for a lot of situations, and could open up more of the galaxy.

4 - Add a Sensors role that allows use of the Full Spectrum Scanner while moving. This would make it possible to scan the rest of a system while you head to the terraformable to map it.

5 - Allow multicrew to use SRVs / walk around with you. Let you feel like Neil and Buzz taking a great leap for mankind, or an away team. If you want to encourage physical multicrew, this is a great option.

6 - This is a bit of a long-shot, but add a special extra-large fighter bay that can hold a sidewinder or a similar shuttlecraft that can land on planets or otherwise explore areas.

3 Sounds a bit too much like the magic pip, but I'm on board with the rest of them. I hope 5 comes naturally with Odyssey. A couple of more:

- Besides the moving FSS, allow the crew use the Gunner role in supercruise to scan other ships to see if they are wanted and such. In general, the crew should have something to do in supercruise. Another thing would be being able to select nav targets to be highlighted and put on top of the pilot's nav panel.

- Combine wing and crew. Another thing I hope naturally comes with Odyssey. Wing, crew, SRVs and on foot all in the same group. It's unlikely with the netcode that they'll increase the number of players that can group up, but allowing player grouping up more seamlessly would be a big boon regardless.

3 Sounds a bit too much like the magic pip, but I'm on board with the rest of them. I hope 5 comes naturally with Odyssey. A couple of more:

- Besides the moving FSS, allow the crew use the Gunner role in supercruise to scan other ships to see if they are wanted and such. In general, the crew should have something to do in supercruise. Another thing would be being able to select nav targets to be highlighted and put on top of the pilot's nav panel.

- Combine wing and crew. Another thing I hope naturally comes with Odyssey. Wing, crew, SRVs and on foot all in the same group. It's unlikely with the netcode that they'll increase the number of players that can group up, but allowing player grouping up more seamlessly would be a big boon regardless.

They have already confirmed number 5 with Odyssey.

I personally doubt if number 6 will ever happen.

The pilot should be able to set what the copilot has access to (raising the landing gear, scoop etc), unless I'm missing something.

Excellent criticism! I've been thinking for a long time that Multicrew needs to be reworked. This post has some unique thoughts on this. I especially liked the suggestions for introducing additional pilot fields.
Like this post and write comments so that Frontiers will pay attention to the issue. If you haven't seen my post about Multicrew yet, follow the link, you can also like and comment there: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ed-mechanic-that-needs-to-be-reworked.566183/

I agree something needs to change. Your suggestions are great. Crew members should be able to do anything the pilot can do in regards to navigation and exploring. The ability to set profit sharing would be great also.

Hopefully Odyssey brings about some changes, as the possibility to never need to own a ship means you’re getting taxied around by your friends or the in game services. Some might fight their way in the Galaxy being a professional crewman.

Multicrew Mining:
Add a Mining Pod for the Fighter Bay, armed with Abrasions Blasters and / or Seismic Charges.

Top Bottom